Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Camisado

Party Like a Rockstar

Ryan and Spencer’s party started in one hour. I didn’t like to admit it, but I was kind of excited—in that “I’m gonna puke” sort of way. I heard that it actually was Ryan’s birth date today, but Spencer’s wasn’t for a couple days.

My feelings were mixed, and it made me confused. I didn’t know what to expect, and therefore, I was scared as well. And the fact that I was scared and confused scared me even more. Brendon tried to come over and help me dress, in fact he followed me right into my room, but I told him to go away and he thankfully listened. I was now staring at my closet, trying to decide what I should wear, or even if I was really going to this thing. I mean, I didn’t even have a present for either of them. I sighed, my shoulders falling as I did so. I rubbed my face and groaned, not wanting to have to make so many decisions.

Annoyed, I walked to the back of my closet and pulled out a black duffle bag. I started to grab all the clothes I would need for tonight and tomorrow. When I was finished grabbing everything, I zipped it up and threw it aside. I then proceeded to pick random clothes. I have to remember not to care about anything. I keep slipping up. Stupid me. My rather out of character decisive actions were followed by getting dressed into my “uncaring” clothes. These included a purple plaid hoodie, dark flare jeans, and some copycat vans. I didn’t look at myself in the mirror, but walked right past it out of my room.

Brendon said he would be coming to pick me up, since I didn’t know where Spencer’s house was, even though I’m sure I could have figured it out. He does live in out court. I walked into the kitchen, where my mom was drinking a glass of wine and reading at the table. “Um mom….” I uttered from behind her, coming out sounding more timid then I had intended. She turned to face me, putting a finger in her book to save the page.

“What?” she asked in an indifferent tone.

“I’m going to a friends house tonight.”

“Okay. Be home by 7:45 tomorrow. Your uniform is here.” She handed me a stack of ugly blue plaid clothes and returned to her book. She didn’t care what I did. She just wanted to finish her book and get me to school on time. She prided herself in looking like a normal loving mother. She was damn good at it too. I’m sure every mother that she’s spoken since we’ve been here is under the impression that we live in Brendon’s beautiful, well-kept home. Her personal image is everything to her. Since I’m apart of that personal image she either smothers me in trying to look good, or pretends that I’m not her child. Not that I was upset about it. My mom has pretty much ignored me since my dad’s death. She doesn’t mean to but she’s so depressed it’s pretty much the only thing she’s capable of doing on her own. I sighed and scuffled back to my room, where I grabbed my bag. I headed out of the house and didn’t utter another word to my mom.

I walked over to Brendon’s and knocked, three seconds after, Brendon’s grinning face greeted me at the door. He waved vigorously and yelled at his mom, “See you later, mom!” He then stepped out of the doorway with his own duffle bag and started the walk to Spencer’s house next me. We walked into a cold stormy night. Wind was blowing at a fast rate, and I could feel major moisture in the air. Brendon was obviously eager to talk to me because he started asking me questions as soon as we got going.

“What did you pack?”

“I like you’re oufit!”

“Are you excited? I am.”

“What did you get them?”

“There’s supposed to be a thunder storm tonight.”

I answered all his questions and comments as quickly and nicely as my sanity could take and by the time I had finally got him to shut up, we were standing in front of Spencer’s house, which was, Ironically, right next to Ryan’s. Brendon led me to the front door and entered without knocking. The door opened to a clean entryway with photo frames and fancy art lining the rich colored walls. I almost laughed as I looked down at the beautiful cherry wood floors. I so didn’t belong here; in this neighborhood, in this town, or anywhere near these guys. I was just so below them in everyway…it was funny ironic.

“We’re here!” Brendon announced as we walked father into the house. We walked up the stairs and went into what I assumed was Spencer’s bedroom. We came upon Ryan, Spencer, Miranda, some other guy, and a girl I didn’t know. I looked around the room to see that Spencer and Ryan were playing video games, Miranda cheering them on. The two people I didn’t know were silently watching, but kind of talking to each other too. The ground was lined with chip bags, Hoho packages, and empty Rockstar cans. Brendon looked around the room with a smile at first, but it was soon replaced with a frown of realization. “Ew, Ryan, you bought Rockstars?” Brendon said, looking disgusted. Everyone laughed at him, and I chuckled a little. A chorus of “Hi Brendon”s came about, some more excited than others. I heard a few “Hi Genny“s, one from Spencer and one from Ryan. They both smiled warmly at me as they paused their game. I smiled back, despite myself.

“Hi,” I replied. I followed Brendon to where he sat, next to the girl I didn’t know. I sat beside him, a bit awkwardly. He started talking to them right away, but introduced me before he said anything else. “Guys this is Genny,” he said pointing to me. They both greeted me. “Genny, this is Brent,” pointing to the guy, “and Spencer’s sister, Hayley,” pointing to the girl. I waved. The guy wasn’t much to look at. He had long brown hair and large, chubby face, but he seemed nice enough. Hayley, on the other hand, was very pretty. She had Spencer’s blue eyes and his light brown hair. She had a cute heart shaped face and was very slender. She seemed friendly too.
“How long have you guys been here?” Brendon asked.

“For awhile, I got back from volleyball practice about an hour ago. Brent came with me.” Hayley replied. Brendon’s eyes went wide.

“You guys have been doing this for an hour?” Brendon asked, exasperated. Hayley nodded, confused. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love a good video game, but at a party? No. Just no.” She laughed.

“They what do you suggest we do instead, Brendon?” She asked him, laughter shinning in her eyes.

“Hmm….” He said in thought, “We should play hide and seek!” She raised a skeptical eyebrow at him, but shrugged.

“Okay.”

“YES! 1..2..3…NOT it!” a chorus of “Not it”s rang through the air, but I didn’t say it fast enough. You could still hear me saying it after everyone was already done. The room smiled at me and I sighed. I covered my eyes and began to count.

“1..2..3..4…” I heard a shuffling of feet and after a couple of seconds everything was quiet. That is until I heard thunder crack outside Spencer’s window. I smiled a little, but I continued to count anyway.

I did think this was a little weird though, I mean really, Ryan and Spencer were turning seventeen, right? Not twelve. These were nothing like the parties I heard about back in Seattle. All those parties were full of drinking and sex and drugs. Not that there was anything wrong with that stuff. Of course, I didn’t know if there was anything good with that stuff either, since I hadn’t done any of it. I guess this wasn’t that bad. At least people were paying attention to me. I could be sitting in my aunt’s house, listening to her talk or worse, spending time with my mother.

I was rounding the number one hundred when I heard another crack of thunder. I opened my eyes and stood. I walked out of Spencer’s bedroom and over to the hallway, where I began my search. I really didn’t have any clue where I was going since I’d never been in Spencer’s house before. I heard another clap of thunder as I stepped off of the stairs and not a second later did the lights flicker and then completely go out. I cursed, but realized that this could be helpful when I heard someone say, “Yes! Hide and go seek in the dark!” I smiled to myself and followed Brendon’s voice, walking very carefully so I wouldn’t trip. I turned a couple of corners before I ran right into someone, hitting my head square on their chest. I made the affirmation that it was a guy because of the lack of boobs, but I didn’t know which one. So, naturally, I asked.

“Brendon, you idiot, is that you?” they laughed, but it wasn’t Brendon. It didn’t sound like him. The person reached out to touch me and caressed my face, obviously trying not to hurt me. My eyes went wide. Now I really wanted to know who the hell this was, because their hands were really soft they were really staring to freak me out. It’s a mass murderer, coming to kill me when the power’s out. This is the end. I’m going to die.

“It’s Ryan,” they finally answered. My shoulder’s fell. A murderer would have been better. “Who is this?” Why is his hand still on my cheek? I felt my face grow warm with a blush, the warmth from his hand making me feel even hotter and more embarrassed.

“…Genny” I answered. He immediately removed his hand from my face, and I frowned. What Ryan? Is my face to disgusting for you? Were you hoping it was Miranda? I frowned even more, even if I didn’t mean to.

“Found me,” he said, laughing a little.

“Haha, yeah….” I replied, trying to adjust my eyes to the dark as the light was put away. I scratched my arm awkwardly.

“Hey, let’s go find some candles and flashlights,” he said. “Here,” He reached out to grab my arm. “Hold onto me. Spencer’s house has a lot of weird steps.” He placed my hand onto his upper arm and I held it. I wanted to say no. I wanted to fall onto my butt and refuse to go anywhere with him in a million years, but my willpower was jello around Ryan. I might as well not have any. Why does he affect me like this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Howdy, guys. I sooo excited about this story now. I really want to finish it, so I'm really going to try to make updates happen more frequently. I'm feeling good about my muse and I hope I can get out a couple of chapters before I fall into another slump.

Thank you for all the love!!!

I love you!!! <33333333
--MAPPIE