Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

Held my heart in your hands

“Ah, No way? Dude, that’s awesome!” I said banging the sharpie against my hand. The tall boy who stood in front me was beaming after telling me about a huge party he was going to right after the show.

“Yeah! You guys should definitely come!”

“I’d love to! Let me talk to Saxon real quick and see if its possible though. I don’t know when we’re suppose to board in.” I said pulling out my phone. After five minutes of debating he’d given in and said we could stay for two hours but that was it. The kid gave me his number and told me to call him when we were ready to go. I finished with the pictures and signings and then ran over to my other band mates. They were all just as excited. We hadn’t gotten to have a kick off party because everyone was coming from a different place so it wouldn’t just been us and the All Time Low crew. Not much of a party.

“Hey! Where are you guys going?!” Jack and Alex asked chasing after us just as we were walking out the door.

“Some kid invited us to a party. We figured you guys would be too tired.” Jeph said not looking up from his phone.

“We’re never too tired for a party!” Jack said jumping up and down and running to get the others. Alex was talking to Chelsea and I was twirling in the cool air.

“Hey! Taige!” I spun at the sound of my name. The same kid who I’d seen earlier was running across the street.

“Hey! I was just getting ready to call you! We’re all coming it seems!” I said. The rest of the tour walked out the back door shrugging jackets on. His jaw nearly dropped when he saw Farewell and Valencia accompanying Jack, Rian and Zack.

“I think I just won party of the year.” He said laughing nervously. I giggled and linked my arm through his. JD linked his through my other arm.

“Hiya!” I said excitedly.

“Hi! What kind of drunk are you?” He asked leaning his head to the side. I laughed at the question.

“Me and Chelsea are ‘I Love You drunks’, Jeph’s a lazy drunk, and Andrew is a dangerous drunk.” His brow furrowed for a second.

“Dangerous drunk?”

“He jumps off trees, tries to drive boats, plays poker, has woken up in Vegas.”

“You were with me!” Andrew yelled from the back. I hung my head.

“To this day neither of us know how we got there.” I said leaning my head on JD’s arm.

“Are you two married?” He asked his eyes wide. I giggled and shook my head.

“We were 16. No one would marry us. Yo. Dude, I never got your name!” I said looking at the tall ginger.

“Grayson. Recent high school graduate and also an ‘I Love You’ drunk.” He said smiling down at me.

“Seems like a popular thing. Guess we’re watching our girls, huh you guys?” Rian said. I stuck my tongue out at him over my shoulder. We arrived at a booming house. Grayson rushed off to get drinks. Chelsea joined my side.

“This place reminds me of that dumb ass music video.” I stared at her for a second.

“I love College?” She nodded. “Dude! Worst song ever!” I said taking the red cup Grayson was offering. The party became a blur of red cups, camera flashes, random guys grinding against us and running around the front yard on Andrew’s back. I vaguely remembered being supported as I was slipped into the vans back seat and clutching onto a shirt until our lips met. A flash of brown hair was all I remembered before I’d passed out in the back.

>>

“Taige? You awake yet honey?” Andrew’s voice made my head ache more than it already did. I held my finger over his lips and slowly opened my eyes, cringing. He handed me my sunglasses, a bottle of SmartWater and Tylenol.

“Dude, what happened last night?” I whispered clearing my throat.

“I’m not sure. The Farewell guys told Saxon they have most of it recorded and Matt’s pretty pissed at us all right now but oh well.” He said adjusting his own sunglasses.

“Where are we?”

“Outside the venue. It’s really cold out there.”

“We’re in uh….Vermont right?” I asked. He nodded. “Cool. Guess we should get out, huh?” He helped me sit up and opened the door. A chilly breeze entered the dying warmth of the van. Jack and Alex were clowning around outside their bus. Both silently watched me climb out with Andrew.

“Dude, we probably look like sick kids right now.” Andrew said laughing quietly. I giggled.

“Not sick just really fucked up. How much did we drink last night?”

“Your own weight in Vodka.” Alex said appearing at the back of the van and pulling out each of our backpacks.

“Thanks man.” Andrew said slipping the straps over his lanky shoulders.

“Seriously? That’s intense. I don’t remember anything after trying to play drunken DDR. Shit was too crazy for me.”

“It was on beginner!” Jack exclaimed.

“Did I mention how clumsy I can get? Yeah. I broke my ankle falling down Jeph’s stairs at an after party. It was our tenth show. We celebrated in style.”

“That stain never came out my dad’s suit by the way. Fucking glitter.” Andrew said nudging my side. I kept my eyes aimed that ground.

“You’d think I wouldn’t get hung over like this after two years. But whatever. Your dad has yet to notice so we aren’t telling until then.” I said pulling my hood up and shivering in the flannel pajama pants that I had mysteriously been changed into.

“No one ever completely gets rid of that hangover, baby.” Alex said slipping his arm around my waist. I looked up at Andrew who’s head was staring at the arm around my waist.

“That so, Alex?” Andrew asked. Even with the glasses on I knew he was glaring at him.

“Dudes, who changed my clothes?” I asked trying to distract Andrew away from the intense situation.

“I did. You couldn’t sleep in what you were wearing. You uhm….puked on all over yourself.” Andrew said making a face.

“We ran around the yard again didn’t we?”

“Yeah. I think so. My Converses are soaked through.” I giggled and danced out of Alex’s grip over to Andrew. He looked over at me smirking. I shook my head.

“We should race! Cause that’s how awesome we are!” I said pushing on Andrews back. He sighed and stopped.

“Ready. Set. Go.” We took off in a mad dash. Chelsea was standing outside on her phone.

“You two are the only ones I know who can run with a hang over.” We shrugged running past her and slid into the venue laughing. Jeph and Marshall were sitting on metal chairs. They both stopped mid sentence staring at us.

“We’re avoiding awkward moments!” I whispered running up the stairs. We dashed into the only open door that was sadly the bathroom. Go figure. At least they wouldn’t think to look in here. He pulled me into the bathtub and closed the curtain. I sighed and leaned my head against the cool faucet.

“So, what happened last night that would lead him to believe its okay to touch you like that?” Andrew asked pulling his hoodie over his head. I shrugged.

“I honestly don’t remember. And, I don’t want a relationship anyway. Chelsea….Chelsea’s good in a relationship. Me, I can’t. I have the commitment issues of a middle school boy.” He laughed quietly.

“I know that. Obviously you did something to make him think that though.”

“I was drunk! Nothing that happens when you’re trashed technically even matters!”

“What about Jack? You adore that man.”

“He’s Jack Barakat. From All Time Low. Just cause I’m in a band doesn’t mean we’ll ever happen and I can’t be in a relationship. I’m a loser with too many problems.” He had a small smile on his lips.

“Come here baby girl.” He said opening his arms. I slid my way over and sat down between his legs. He placed his arms around my shoulders and rested his chin on my head.

“Now listen to me; you’re an amazing girl. Yeah. You can’t stick with someone despite the fact that you’re lonely. Yeah, you always have someone that you’ll adore. But, you’ll also always have me to lean on and if you don’t think you’re ready to be in a relationship then make that clear. There’s no reason for you to rush into something.” I nodded and played with his long, skinny fingers.

“I miss hanging out as just a small band already. The intimate crowds. The easiness of everything. I know I should be happy we’re getting so big but this change….I’m scared.” I whispered not looking at him.

“I know. I agree but this is our dream. This is what we dreamed about. It’ll always be about the music and the fans but that crowd we get to go out to every night nearly makes me piss my pants with joy. I never knew that we’d get this far. It’s so beautiful.” The passion that flowed from his mouth was like a slap in the face. What was I saying? It was what we had wanted. To tour with our friends and make music for the rest of our lives. Go down in musical history and its what we were doing. I turned to him and smiled.

“You’re right. I don’t know what I’m saying right now. Blame it on lack of sleep and a crap hang over.” I said rubbing my head to be dramatic. He kissed my forehead and helped me out of the tub. Jack and Alex were nowhere to be seen only the angry form of Saxon on the couch.

“Whatcha doin, bro?” I asked sitting beside him.

“No More Drinks On Tour pact.” I groaned and looked at Jeph and Andrew who were both hanging their heads.

“No! We had that last tour! That’s not fair, Saxon!” I whined. He shrugged and continued writing.

“Everyone else is going to be drinking and then we’ll be the sober kids?! Not happenin, man.” Jeph said pouting and leaning back. I nodded in agreement.

“I don’t really care. I watched my twin sister make out with Alex. Andrew and my twin sister run around a yard until they vomited violently and then Jeph climb on the roof and nearly pass out. Chelsea and Zack were pretty much fucking on the dance floor. No. You’ll all sign the contract or I’m calling everyone’s parents.”

“We’re all 18. Douchebag.” Andrew muttered.

“A few months. How’s your dad going to react to you drinking? He’s already pissed you aren’t a lawyer.” Andrew grinded his teeth and pulled out his phone. Saxon handed me the pen. I scribbled down my name and threw it over to Andrew who tore the paper while signing it. Jeph signed it and handed it back to Saxon. “Go get Chelsea to sign it.” He said dropping the clipboard on my lap. I glared at him and stomped out of the room.

My mind wandered back to Andrew and mines conversation earlier. I was scared as hell. I had commitment issues, hated change, and I was successful. Life was perfect. Packed venues, new fans, and a new group of friends were surrounding me and I could only think about getting away and hiding away by myself. What was wrong with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS! I'M SOOOO SORRY. My internets been down for quite awhile therefore stopping me from posting. I'm working on another chapter right now. I feel awful about being away and if you have Tumblr then you know about this thing called Tumblarity. Yeah. Mines 0. I am not a happy Darian. Hmph.
[url=http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=12331933/]Taige[url]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5m-T2iFsM&feature=player_embedded[youtube]
title cred- racing kites. Duh