Beautiful Disaster

Date?

"Isabella."
"Hm?"
"Put. The cell phone. Away."
"Yes Ms. Amma." Isabella said, dropping her iPhone back in her bag. Really, she was texting like seven people at once. Bev, her boyfriend Jay, and three other girls in her clique- Nique (pronounced Nicky), Belle, and Skye. Her phone vibrated again. She made sure Ms. Amma wasn't looking and then took it out. There was a text from Skye and one from Jay.

Skye:
u kno prom's 2 weeks from now friday rite? r u still going w/ j?

She texted Skye quickly.

Isabella:
no, im just abt 2 break up w/ him

Her phone vibrated again.

Skye:
y?

Isabella:
cuz we just don't look good 2gthr.

Skye:
but he's hot!

Isabella:
yeah, but he doesn't look good in a tux, so i can't go 2 prom w/ him!

Skye:
oh ok. well, w/e. should i tell nique belle nd bev?

Isabella:
no i want to tell.

Skye:
k w/e

"Isabella! Put the phone away! Next time I take it!"
"Sorry, Ms. Amma!"
Ms. Amma looked away and Isabella opened the text from Jay.

Jay:
hey wuts up?

Isabella:
nm in ammas class

Jay:
kno wut 2day is?

Isabella:
no wut?

Jay:
u mean u don't kno?

Isabella:
That's y im askin

Jay:
...it's my bday.

Isabella:
oh

Jay:
don't u wanna wish me a happy bday?

Isabella:
Actually i was gonna break up w/ u

Jay:
WHAT???!

Isabella:
We

Isabella:
Are

Isabella:
Over.

Jay:
why?

Isabella:
it's just not working.

Isabella:
sry

Jay:
whatever. fine. bye.

"Isabella!"
"Sorry, Ms. Amma!"
"Give it to me! Now!"
"Whatevs!" Isabella handed Ms. Amma the phone.
"What the-" Ms. Amma turned the phone over and over in her hand. "Is this an iPhone?"
"Yeah."
"But...it looks...strange."
"Uh, yeah, it's a 6G."
"6G? But...there's only a 4G..."
"Not in Japan there's not."
"How'd you get a phone from Japan?"
"My dad sent it to me." By insinct, she sent her hand to her necklace, like she always did when she thought about her parents.
"How many more apps does it have?"
"A lot. It can track where a person in your phone book is if their phone is on, it has a laser pointer, a magnifying glass app, um, a projector, it holds eighty five thousand songs, five hundred pictures or two hundred minutes of video, um-"
"Whoa-that's a lot. Can you show me some?"
"Gladly."
This was what people in the school called "the Charm of Isabella." She could charm the tusks off an elephant.
Class ended by the time Ms. Amma was going to go back to the lesson.
"Ms. Amma, weren't you going to take Isabella's phone away?" Bev said in a sarcastic voice. Isabella smirked and gave Ms. Amma a puppy pout.
"Beverly, just keep your mouth shut. We'll let this one slide." Ms. Amma gave Isabella a little smile.
"Thanks Ms. Amma."
They walked out of the room.
"So who else were you texting?" Bev asked.
"Nique, Skye, Belle, and Jay."
"About what?"
"Well, Nique and Belle stopped a few minutes in, but I told Skye I was breaking up with Jay. And then I did."
"Over a text? Seriously? Isabella, you know that's so low!"
"I don't care!"
"...Yeah...I mean, if anyone can get away with it, it's you. i mean, Jay's probably concentrating more on the fact that he just got dumped by Isabella Suarez than the fact that you did it over a text message."
"Uh, yeah, that's why I don't care."
"Oh."
Isabella whipped out her phone and texted Nique and Belle.

Isabella:
i just broke up w/ j. get 2 luda's rm fast if u want the deets. sub 2day.

"Let's go." Isabella grabbed Bev's arm and they ran to Mr. Luda's room to meet her friends. The first question the second they got there was from Belle.
"Who are you going to prom with?"
"I don't know! Come on, though. do you really think I'm going to have a problem getting a date? I mean, word that me and Jay broke up will get out like that." Isabella snapped her fingers.
"Good point..." Nique said.
They spent the rest of the period talking and gossiping.
But inside, Isabella was really wondering if she was going to go to prom at all. I mean, she wasn't interested in anyone, and she didn't want to dance with anyone she didn't like.
Prom was supposd to be romatic. But Isabella wondered if she would ever find love at all.