Bring Me Happiness

12/25

“Ngh..!” moaned Ren as she squeezed her eyes open. The sunlight that usually shined over her light skin was blocked by something she was still unsure about.

“Where am I?” she questioned to herself as she sat up, just recovering from a high fever. Noticing a dark shadow cast over her, Ren’s eyes wondered up and then widen suddenly.

“Gaara-sama-!” She screamed in fear her eyes locked with dark ones.

“Shut it...” muttered the Uchiha as he squatted down next to her, “You got me sick…”

She shivered beneath the thin sheets that were given to her, “What do you want from me?”

“I never get sick…” Sasuke coughed faintly, ignoring her, “This is your entire fault”

Ren remained silent, afraid that if she spoke, he would end up killing her sooner. The Uchiha stared at her, examining her before his face leaned in closer to hers.

“Sabaku no Gaara…” He whispered, “You’re his wife and yet you’re not a ninja…”

Ren’s eyes shifted as she leaned back, trying to regain the distance between them.

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you..yet..” Sasuke told her as he stood up again with a cough, “Get up, you’ve been sleeping the whole time, eat something….”

He walked over to what had seemed to be his camp out. Ren’s eyes gazed up to where he stood, his raven hair fell deep on his face, hiding his expression as he stretched his hand out to where she sat. He held a small bowl of what seemed to be soup as he took the liberty of sitting down on sand next to a burning bonfire. Her eyes averted to the sky as she was taken by the peaceful view of the outside gates of the Sand village of which she never left.

“I’m not planning on feeding you, if you want to eat come over here and grab a bowl…” Sasuke muttered annoyed as he drank up his soup. Ren stiffen, still unable to trust the young man who had threatened her life no too long ago but after minutes passed by, she decided to take the chance and get something to settle her noisy stomach.

“What’s in this..?” She asked as she took a seat across from him. He couldn’t help but smirk evilly, as he replied with a simply ‘hn’.

Taking the bowl in her hands, she looked into it, and she made a disgusted face as she watched some kind of meat float around green water. With a deep breath of air, she placed the bowl on her lips and began to gulp it down, afraid that she would die if she didn’t accept his food.

“How do you like cow tongue?” Sasuke asked with a grin plastered on his face. Ren ‘s cheeks immediately puffed up as she swung herself foreword, releasing the food she had just eaten. The Uchiha chuckled after revealing that he was only joking and she had only eaten chicken herbal soup.

“What exactly do you want from me?” Ren questioned as she glared at him. He leaned on his hands and he pushed himself back, relaxing and taking in the nice warmth that the sun gave off.

“I don’t want anything from you…didn’t I tell you this already?” He said, distracted from the clouds that faded in the sky.

“Then why did you bring me here?” She asked confused

“To lure Sabaku no Gaara out…” He sighed and then coughed heavily, “I could have easily gone inside his office and talked to him but there seemed to be some unwanted visitors near his area….so I took you instead,” Sasuke explained orderly, “Now, I just have to wait for him to find us and then I’ll hand you over if he agrees to my terms…”

“And if he doesn’t?” She asked. He raised an eyebrow before he answered,

“Then you die…didn’t we have this same discussion before? I must really be sick…”

“He won’t come…” Ren muttered as she looked up at the sky, “Gaara-sama won’t come to rescue me….”

Sasuke’s eyes gazed upon the young blonde beauty as his face turned to the side, eyes, not drifted away from her.

“Why not?”

“Because he doesn’t care...about me…at all” Ren said quietly, “It’s not like he loves me or even likes me at the least...”

Sasuke wanted to question her but understood that she no longer wished to speak about the matter so he only made one thing clear, “Well if he doesn’t come, I would have wasted my time with you…”

Ren sat silently, looking at the sand beneath her as her fingers caressed it, making patterns of any sort, Sasuke stood up again and walked over towards her, his foot shoved her shoulder, as he kicked her gently.

“Get up…” He muttered annoyed, “Come on, get up!”

Ren looked up at him puzzled, and yet afraid of what he planned on doing, for she feared her death constantly around him. He was dangerous, and she knew that just by looking at his cold eyes.

“Hurry up!” He shouted this time as he removed his foot from her and stomped it on the tiny grains of yellow and orange wonder. Ren’s body shot up, and met at his level, it was until now that she noticed he was actually not that much taller than her, she had thought of him as a giant before but now, she knew that she was only around his ear level.

“What?” She asked, with a hint of annoyance, “Why did you kick me for?”

“Hn,” He smirked as he backed away from the pot of food and sleeping bags, “Your face looks like bird shit..!”

Ren frowned at the suddenly insult of her skin complexion, “What? Say that again you jerk! I’ll -”

“You’ll what?” He interrupted with a slight chuckle, “Come on, and come at me!”

“What?” She asked confused as she stared at the Uchiha who stood, ready to receive an attack.

“Come on,” He said a little irritated at her hesitation, “Once in a lifetime opportunity…hit me…”

Ren brought enough courage to punch the man who had once brought a sword to her throat, but was quickly blocked by his strong hands.

“Agh!” She shouted as the pain of his firm grip crushed her small wrist.

“Is that the best you can do? Come on again!” He scolded before she pushed her away, releasing her from his painful grasp. This time with all her might and speed, Ren ran towards Sasuke and reached both arms to shove him at the least but again, he had caught her hands mid-air.

“Come on, Sabaku!” He teased, “What were you trying to do?”

His face leaned closer to her, and that was when she had finally realized how handsome he actually was, he didn’t look as scary as she had seen him be before.

“No man likes his women useless..” He spoke, almost whispering to her, “Your not a ninja but you should at least know how to defend yourself...”

He shoved her away and then spoke again, “Come on, land a hit on me and you’ll get a prize-”

Ren didn’t let him finish, she had already brought up her foot in the air and kicked him in the stomach, inches away from his precious area. He laughed and coughed at the same time, Ren’s guess was that he was trying to hide his pain.

“Good job!” He groaned as he opened open eye towards her, “You finally landed a hit...”

Ren shrugged, unsure if he was planning on beating her for what she did but then he smirked as he regained himself and stood up straight.

“I guess your going to want your prize…and a man is all about his word…” He said, “I’m not taking you back by the way, but I will allow you ask anything else…”

“Where are you from?” Ren asked quickly before her chance was taken away. The Uchiha remained quite and then looked at her and asked her to ask something else.

“Take me to where you’re from…” She told him, “I’ve never been outside the Sand before...”

“Sabaku,” Sasuke began with a smirk from her new nickname he had given her, “You’re weirder than I thought. But I can’t take you there, but I can allow you to see what it would look like…”

Ren’s eyes sprang open as he walked closer to her and brought her in a tight embrace. Suddenly, she felt her body pressed against his, and a sudden movement almost as if they were both accelerating upward.

“Ah!” She shouted scared as she dug her face in his chest unwarily.

“We’re here - what are you doing?” He stated as his eyes glanced down at her. She pushed herself away as her whole face turned red.

“It’s a lot different from the Sand, see?” He said as he glanced around. Ren’s eyes brighten up as she bent down and touched the soft cold green that sprouted from the ground.

“It’s beautiful!” She shouted with a wide grin, she sprung up and ran towards a pair of trees and jumped, trying to touch the leafs and pressing her hands on the bark. She then rolled herself onto the grass and rubbed her cheeks against it.

“Hey,” Sasuke said a bit alarmed, “We need to head back, I let you have your fun now you owe me…”

Ren stood up from her small frenzy and walked over to him, “You’re not going to hurt Gaara, right?”

He rose up an eyebrow and spoke, “That all depends…on you…”