Bring Me Happiness

16/25

“What the hell are you talking about?” Gaara asked annoyed as his eyes flashed towards her.

“You still like her that much..?”Ren questioned as she looked down at the sand in shame. Her fist tighten beside her hips, “I guess I've made a fool of myself...I actually thought for a second that....-”

“-Because I look so much like her...is that why you married me?” Ren demanded hurt.

“What are you saying? I had no idea how you looked like when-”Gaara explained but Ren interrupted him.

“That's why you kept saying, 'Sachi', 'Sachi'! I'm such an idiot! How could I have not figured it out before!”

Gaara looked away, trying to hide a tint of guilt that was beginning to take over him.

“That's why you never came when I needed your help!” She continued in screaming sobs, “You would realize that I wasn't her and you didn't care about me! You only have eyes for her! You can only love her! Why was I so blind to this!”

“Ren!” Gaara shouted, and with his voice he shook her out of her trace. The tears spilled down her pink cheeks as her blue eyes stared into his teal ones again. He moved in closer as he brought his hands to rest on her shoulders.

“This is difficult for me too,” Gaara explained, “I can't stand being around you sometimes...just looking at you..”

“How is that suppose to make me feel, Gaara!” Ren shouted in pain.

“I never planned on...” Gaara began but never finished, “What I meant was -”

Ren pushed his hands away from her as she ran passed him and into the Kage mansion, leaving him alone under the dark sky.

He sighed heavily with drowsy eyes, tossing his head up before he looking up at the stars.

“Hey...what am I supposed to do?” He asked out loud, “What am I going to do now...Temari?”

“Go after her,” Spoke a voice from behind him. He turned to look at his sister before sighing again.

“You still came out even though I told you it was only between us two..”

“That doesn't matter!” Temari scolded, “Go after her now!”

“What am I supposed to say? Even here, I couldn’t think of the words to explain to her....” Gaara protested.

“Don't make her feel like she is only living under Shori's shadow...Ren is a person too, a girl, and your wife!” Temari shouted.

Back in the Kazekage mansion, Ren had locked herself in her room. Her body slid down the door as the back of her head pressed against it. While she brought her knees up to her chest, letting out painful sobs in the air.

“I can't believe I told him that I liked him...I can't believe I confessed to him like this!”

Her fingers gripped her folded arms that were placed over her knees, “Why!”

“You left my sister paralyzed! You almost killed her! You left her dying and yet I like you!”

Ren brought one hand up to her pulsing head and the other over her aching heart in her chest, “But you don't like me...you don't even see me!”

That night, the village was filled in silence but the mansion wailed in tears. Gaara had stayed outside, staring at the night sky until dawn, thinking about his one true love that he had killed.

The next day, Gaara sat in his chair as he looked over papers and gave out missions to ninjas who came in his office.

“Your breakfast is done, Gaara-sama...”spoke Ren as she cracked open the door. Her eyes seemed puffed and redden. She walked over to his desk slowly, almost like a walking zombie, and placed it down without ever darting her eyes towards him.

“Did you get any sleep?” Gaara questioned as he studied her dull expression. She didn't bother to look his way at all nor to respond to him.

“I hope you enjoy your meal,” She bowed before walking away.

“Ren!” Gaara called out. Ren suddenly stopped but didn't turn to look at him and instead stared straight on ahead.

Gaara let out a deep sigh,”You....I'm sorry about what I had said earlier. I would like to clear things up- what I meant before was-”

“What are you talking about, Gaara-sama?” Ren asked in a monotone voice, “I don't remember you saying anything at all...”

Gaara said silent for a while and before Ren continued to walk away, he spoke again, “You can't just pretend like nothing happened.”

“I..”Ren began but stopped, noticing that her voice cracked but then took a deep breath before speaking, “What I choose to do is up to me and is none of your concern...I would like to forget about yesterday...”

“Why are you so selfish!” Gaara exclaimed, pounding his fist in his desk and jolting up from his chair. He now stood facing Ren with a frown.

“How am I being selfish!” Ren shouted, not bothering to look at him.

“First of all, you won't even look at me!” Gaara shouted as he walked over to her and pulled her arm, forcing her to face him.

Her ultramarine eyes widen as he pushed her body down onto the wall. She began to feel nervous, swallowing down her saliva as she managed to avoid looking at him straight in the eye by looking away.

“I told you about her...” Gaara spoke softly as his body pressed down on Ren, “...so then you would no longer be confused about my actions...”

Ren held in her breathe, not wanting to exhale since he was so close to her. His face leaned in closer to her face.

“You told me you liked me...”

Ren instantly faced him, “I was just saying things! That's not true!”

Gaara's eyes peered into Ren as a blush took over her face.

“Your lying..” He said calmly, noticing her strained expression, he pulled his face back to regain a distance between them again.

“I'm sorry,” Gaara spoke, “I know that it must be painful for you...but I am in love with Shori, my Sachi...”

Ren teeth crushed down on each other as she tried her best to keep herself from showing any expression.

“Because I opened my heart up to her, I doubt I can ever love anyone beside her...”He continued with sad eyes.

Ren's heart ached. She felt needles pierce through her chest and yet, she forced herself to smile, “Don't worry about it. I'll forget you-”

“I have been a complete jerk...”Gaara admitted, “I don't want to treat you wrongly anymore...you are my wife after all.”

Ren looked up to the Kazekage confused, “What are you saying?”

“I promise I will treat you as my wife from now on...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment so I can know how it's going so far :D