Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chapter Twenty-four

“Ew, Chelsea I did not want to hear about your boyfriend masturbating,” I said into the phone, “In fact I don’t like hearing about any guy doing that,” I said as Craig walking in the room.

“Yeah, well, it’s blackmail. So, I figured you would find someway to use it,” Chelsea said.

“True, true,” I said stroking my invisible beard.

“Ali, what are you doing?” Craig asked taking off his shirt.

“Well, I am currently staring at you shirtless,” I answered watching him walk from the bathroom to me.

“Pics or it didn’t happen!” Chelsea yelled in the phone.

“Just come over and knock before you walk in, okay?” I said laying back on the bed as Craig crawled on top of me.

“Wait! The house door or the bedroom door?”

“Bedroom, Chels! Bedroom!’ I said hanging up the phone and leaning up to kiss Craig.

“To slow,” Craig said pulling away and laughing.

“Not fair!” I said puling him down to me.

“No,” He said smiling and wrestling around on the bed with me.

“Craigie!” I yelled as he got me in a head lock, “Let me go,” I said attempting to laugh.

“Fine,” he said releasing me and walking off. His sweatpants were hanging of his ass and I couldn’t help but laugh, “Craig, come here,” I said hopping off the floor and walking over to him, “Can I have a kiss?” I said pouting, “Please?” I had my arms wrapped around his neck and was throwing myself at him.

“Here,” he left kissing me and wrapping his arms around my waist, “I love you,” he said pulling back, “I really do,” he smiled before kissing me and again and wrapping my legs around his waist.

“I love you, too,” I smiled as he pressed me up and against the wall.

“I wa--,” he began before Chelsea came walking in the door.

“Well, hello Chelsea,” I said as Craig set me on the ground, “Thanks for knocking.”

“Oops,” She shrugged.

“Bitch,” I said laughing at her as Craig walked to the bed and grabbed me by the waist as I was walking away, “Craig!” I said laughing as he basically bent me over.

“Don’t leave me,” he whined spinning me around.

“Want to go with?” I said pointing at Chels and kissing him.

“Where are you going?” He asked raising one eyebrow.

“See Max,” I said looking down.

“No, you can go,” he said releasing me and kissing me again, “Tell him I said hi and I will be there next time, okay, baby?”

“Yeah, I will,” I said walking out of the room with Chelsea.

“So, What’s his deal?” Chelsea asked as we walked downstairs, "Why don't you make him go?"

“Nothing, he just doesn’t want to go,” I laughed, “Wouldn’t you hate it if someone was constantly telling you what to do?”

“Well, yeah,” she shrugged.

“See, why would I want to do that to him?” I finished while walking into the living to get Leila, “Hey,” said as she tossed and turned, “Want to go see Uncle Max?” I asked picking her up. She simply shook her head yes and I carried her to my car and set her into the car-seat in the back and climbed into the driver’s seat.

I turned on the radio and listened to all the songs with Chelsea and Leila till we arrived at the rehab place.

We walked up to the receptionist desk and I was all but excited. I was scared, ‘What if Max wasn’t getting better? What if her was faking it? What if he hated me for getting him put here? What if he hates me now? No, he has talked to me on the phone he still cares.’ I smiled a bit, ‘But what if it was all and act?’

“Hello,” the receptionist said snapping me back into reality.

“Hi, may I ask where Max Green is located?” I said setting Leila on the counter.

“Yes, he is down the hall and the second to last room,” she smiled and I picked up Leila you wrapped her arms around me tight.

“Thank you,” I said walking with Chelsea down to see Max.

“Down?” Leila said looking up at me. I set her on the ground and walked hand in hand with her. Chelsea stayed quite and looked down at the ground almost the whole walk there.

We got to Max’s door and I peeked in the window to see him laying on the bed, taking a nap. I slowly opened the door and felt a gush of cold air before walking over to his bed and sitting beside him.

Leila stayed quite and Chelsea stayed by the door.

“Max,” I said shaking him lightly, “wake up,” I laughed. I slight grin came across his face before he opened his eyes. He jolted up and wrapped his arms around me tight.

“Ali, don’t leave me here,” he said and I heard the sadness in his voice.

“Max, If I could I would take you home now,” I said as he pulled back.

“I love you,’ he smiled.

“I love you, too,” I laughed fighting back from crying.

“I am so happy to see you,” he said brushing some hair out of my face.

“What about me?” Leila said putting her hands on her hips.

“I missed you too, munchkin!” he said getting off the bed and picking her up, “Did you miss me?” he asked before kissing her on the nose.

“Of course!” she said kissing him back the hugging him.

“I missed you,” I said as he set Leila down, I started to cry when he looked up at me.

“Ali, don’t,” he said walking over to me and hugging me

“Max, I really did miss you,” I said as he began playing with my hair. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and cried. I truly missed Max he was always there I and miss him not living with me.

“Hi, Chels,” he said while still holding me close. I didn’t hear a reply so I sat there in Max’s arms as he started to walk backwards to his bed, “Lay down and relax,” Max said releasing me and sitting down. I laid my head in his lap and cried as Leila sat beside Max Chelsea finally walked in and sat beside Leila, “So, how’s is school?” Max said ending the silence.

“Good, a little drama with Mikey, but good,” I said smiling and looking up at him.

“Really? Does he still like you?” he asked and I slowly shook my head while wiping away some tears, “Do you like him?” Max said getting wide eyed.

“No,” simply replied. I started thinking about Craig and how I kinda just wanted to get back to him.

“Then don’t worry about it silly,” he said squishing my face and making me laugh.

“Okay,” I laughed said laughing as he released my face again.

“I love you,” he laughed pushing me to sit up and slinging and arm over on Chelsea.

“I love you, too,” I said kissing his cheek.

“So, Chelsea,” he said smiling at me before looking over at Chelsea, “How have you been?”

‘Shit, she is probably just going to talk about Tom,’ I thought.

“Good, actually, school is going well,” she shrugged, “We all miss you back at home,” she said looking down at the ground.

There was a knock on the door, in which a nurse came walking in the door, “Mr. Green visiting hours are over. Could you please ask your guest to leave?” She said before giving us a dirty look.

“Well, I guess I will see you another day, Max,” I said getting up and picking up Leila.

“Bye,” Max said standing up and kissing Leila and Chelsea on the cheek.

“Bye,” I said starting to walk off.

“Wait,” he said pulling me back to him, “I get a hug, silly,” he said pulling me in tight, “I love you,” he smiled.

“I love you, too,” I laughed giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“You better,” he said releasing me and waving bye to us as we walked out the door.

“He seemed better,” Chelsea said after we walked down the hallways, out the door, and to the car.

“Yeah,” I smiled, “He didn’t seemed stressed are like he relied on the drugs, as much,” I said because we all know Max will never be over some drugs.

We went back to my house and Chelsea left to go home since we had school in the morning and I crawled in bed alone since Craig wasn’t home. Leila was passed out on the couch after dinner. I laid in bed a good hour before falling asleep and I could have sworn I was only asleep for five minutes then Craig walked in. It was actually about four hours.

“Babe, where were you?” I asked keeping my eyes closed and tossing around a bit.

“I was out with the boys,” he said sitting next to my stomach and placing a hand on my forehead.

“Are you high?” I said smelling the marijuana on him.

“No,” he replied as I opened my eyes and he crawled in to the bed with me.

“Liar,” I said beginning to take off his shirt and tossing it across the room.

“What are you hinting at here?” Craig said raising an eyebrow.

“I hinting that you need to be in just your boxers and cuddle with me,” I laughed.

“I want you in your bra and panties then,” he laughed.

“Fine,” I said undoing his belt and pants and slowly trying to pull them down.

“Clothes off,” he said tugging on the bottom of my shirt, “I am too high to do it for you,” he laughed.

“Fine,” I said taking off my shirt and shirts and falling back asleep in his arms.

I woke up to my alarm and quickly got dressed and ready for school before darting out the door to meet up with Chelsea and be on our way to school.