Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Twenty-Six

Frank:come get high with meeee!

I laughed seeing this seeing as I had just take Leila to the baby sitters.

Me:Dammit frank. Give me a minute.

Frank: YAY!

Me: You are such a little kid.

I finished my text and darted over to his house. I pulled into the driveway as Frank came running outside, “Come one, Come one!” he said opening my door and dragging me out of the car.

“That arm is attached to my body!” I yelled at him.

“Yes, arm bone connected to the shoulder, knees and toes,” he said stopping at the door, “Now, come on!”

He let go of my arm and I followed him to the basement, “Yay! Weed!” I was flopping on the couch as he handed me the joint. I brought it to my mouth and lit it taking in one big inhale.

“Good?” he asked as I pulled the joint away from my mouth, “Ali?” I shook my head while holding in the smoke.

I held a second longer, “Real good,” I said sitting back and handing him the joint.

“Feeling it already?” he laughed.

“No, just waiting for it to hit me,” I said laughing and coughing at the same time.

He laughed at me before taking his hit and passing me the joint again this went on for what seemed like hours before it hit me. I was giggling at everything Franks said.

“Ali,” Frank began, “Wanna get something to eat?”

“Dude, no, dude, I want to stay right here on this couch,” I said grabbing my phone and attempting to text.

“Dude! I am hungry!” Frank said standing up and sitting on my lap.

“What do you want?!” I said whining at him.

“Brownies? Cookies?” he pondered, “No! Chinese food!” he said looking at me all wide eyed.

“Too the car!” I said trying to get up, “Wait nope, nope, I can’t drive like this.”

“Mikey, will take us?”

“I will call him!” I said trying to dial his number. Frank tried taking my phone and doing it for me, “Mine!” I said before hissing at him. I dialed the name and it rang twice.

“Hi Ali,” Mikey said sounding cheerful.

“Hi Mikey, I can’t drive right now,” I laughed.

“And?”

“Will you pretty please take Frank and I out to eat?” I begged, “Pretty please?”

“You are high, huh?” he began, “So what to I get out of it?”

“A hug and a kiss?”

He laughed before saying, “Deal but, if I were to say want more?”

“Mikey we will discuss this later!,” Frank said taking the phone, “now come and get us please!”

“On my way,” he said before hanging up.

“Yay!” we screamed in unison.

“Frank!” I said hitting his leg, “Want to go wait upstairs for him?”

“Hell yes,” he said standing up, “Wanna race?”

“Yeah!” I said standing up by him and running up the stair, “Go!” I yelled after getting halfway up the stairs.

“Cheater!” he said as he caught up to me at the door.

“Where is Chelsea?” I asked looking around the house.

“Something about getting the two G’s and someone else and meeting Gerard somewhere?”

“Speaking of Gerard,” I said seeing as he was calling me, “What up?!” I said answering and extending the ending of each word.

“Where are you?” He said after a few seconds.

“Frank’s house,” I said standing straight with my free had on my hip.

“Doing what?”

“Nothing,” I said laughing.

“You are sober right?”

“Yes, Gerard,” I said kind of seriously.

“Maybe I should talk to Frank?”

“Why?”

“Because you high and talking to me isn’t a good combination.”

“Why?”

“Because you know all my weak spots and you know I don’t hold you accountable for anything.”

“Why?” I said sounding a tad seductive.

“Ali!”

“Gerard!” I yelled back.

“Give Frank the phone.”

“Why?”

“We went over this!”

“Why?”

“Ali!”

“I love you, Gee,” I said a tad seductively, what can I say I get a tad horny when I am high.

“I love you too, Ali.”

“Gerard,” I half moaned.

“Al--Stop! I am coming to get you guys,” he finished before hanging up the phone.

“Frank don’t look at me like that,” He said staring at me like he want to jump my bones.

“I am okay, it’s the weed I swear, you look prettier then normal,” he said before laughing.

“Thanks,” I said giggling.

“Dude, dude, you know you are like my sister that’s gross.” He said laughing at himself.

“Ali! Frank! Come on! Now!” Gerard said pointing out the door after rudely barging in.

“Gerard!” I said hugging him an jumping onto him wrapping my legs around his waist.

“Not a good time, Ali,” he said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Why not?!” I said bouncing up and down.

“Ali, Stop!,” he said as Mikey pulled up.

“May I ask why Ali is all over you?” Mikey asked getting out of the car.

“Because?” I said cocking my head to the side.

“Nice red eyes,” he said holding my face in place with one hand, “Now where is my hug and kiss?”

“Hold on,” I said standing on my own two feet again, “I’ve missed you!” I said hugging him and pulling back.

“I’ve missed you too,” he said leaning in to kiss me when I couldn’t stop laughing, “She okay?” He said looking at Gerard.

“Yeah, same as any other time she is high,” Gerard said looking at me.

“What’s so funny?” Mikey said looking at me hanging off of his scrawny little body, bent over laughing.

“Nothing,” I said standing up again.

“What?”

“Nothing,” I said before laughing again.

“Tell me,” he said becoming aggravated but it was too funny.

“Nothing,” I said calming down then starting up again.

“Tell me!” he said pushing me against the wall.

“Ow!” I said standing up straight again.

“Then tell me!”

“No!”

“God you piss me off. Now tell me why?” he said while holding me against the wall.

“I forgot,” I said laughing and letting my face fall against his arm.

“Gerard, I will meet you where ever just let me take her.” Mikey said while grabbing my hand and leading me to his car.

“Okay,” Gerard said following.

Mikey started treating me like I was fucking two, he started by opening my door, buckling me in and making sure everything was okay fifty times. I just went with it.

“I love you,” Mikey said as he started the car.

“I love you too,” I said, “I guess,” see I also don’t think before I speak when I am high, “But you hand no right to hurt me and I kinda don’t even want to be around you, ever!”

“Shut up, you don’t mean that,” he said with that stupid smile, “I know you better then that.”

“Oh really?” I said folding my arms and looking away from him.

“Ali,” He said while taking a hand and placing about mid thigh.

“Mikey, don’t touch me,” I said moving his hand.

“Fine,” he said before it became a very silent and long car ride to wherever. I think it was on 5 minutes in real time but and hour in silent time til I caved.

“Mikey, I love you and I don’t hate you,” I said looking over at him

“I love you too, Ali,” he said smiling.

“So, so, so, Are we gonna be friends again?” I said laughing at myself.

“We will talk when you sober up a lot more, okay?” he said brushing the hair out of my face.

“Okay, Mikey,” I said kissing his cheek,

“You are so cute,” he said turning his head to look at me as we reached the stop light, “I mean it,” he finished before leaning into kiss me.

“Mikey, I, Craig, Leila, I, I, I,” I said before sitting back in my seat and being quiet.

“No, my fault,” he laughed, “I guess, I still have some “getting over you” still to do.”

“I guess I have the same,” I saying laying down in the front seat laying my head in his lap.

“Go to sleep,” he said laughing at me.

“Can you get me some McDonalds?” I said looking up at him.

“Yes,” he laughed, “McDouble, McChicken, Large fry and a Sweet tea?”

“Oh you know my appetite when I am high,” I laughed as he began to drive again and turned on the radio.