Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Thirty-Two

"Craig," i laughed as he rode up on a purple/pink bike.

"Ali," he said throwing a bouncy ball at my face.

“Ass,” I said stopping him.

“Ali, let go!” he whined before flipping the bike over his shoulder and walking out of the bike area.

“Wait!” I whined back running after him, “Craigie!” I said before catching up. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed the side of his neck while trying not to get hit in the face with the bike.

“Ali, stop,” he laughed trying to run away from me. He ran to the check out line and set the bike down before turning to me and picking me up, “Stop,” he laughed before kissing me.

I laughed as he set me down and I began to go through all of the little things hanging out but the cash regiester before grabbing a handful of candy and silly bands.

“Does she really need those?” Craig asked pointing to everything I threw down.

I got really close before saying, “Do you really need sex?”

“Fair enough,” he said before paying the cashier and leading the way outside to the car. I raced him and jumped in my seat as he put the one bag and bike in the trunk, “You are so lazy,” he said as he got in the car.

“You love me!” I said leaning over the console and kissing him.

“Yeah, yeah I do,” he said pulling back and beginning to drive home. When we got there I walked in through the back gate.

“Mommy! Uncle Robert made chili and Monte is grilling,” Leila said running up to me.

“Leila! Bath time!” I said picking her up.

“Mommy, no!” she whined.

“Yes,” I said walking inside, up the stairs and to the bathroom. I started the water and she sat on the toilet pouting, “You have to look good in your new outfit,” I said laughing at her.

“Yes mommy,” she said before stripping and getting in the bath water, “mommy it’s cold,” she said pointing to the faucet.

“Here,” I laughed adjusting it.

“Better!” she said smiling and flopping down in the water.

“Ali?” I heard Craig yelling for me.

“Bathroom!” I replied as I threw Leila’s bath toys into the water and sat in front of the tub to keep her company.

“Daddy! Girls only!” she said as Craig walked in and as she was playing with the soap.

“What are you talking about? I am a girl,” he replied flipping his hair.

“Daddy, you are so silly.”

“What do you need Craig?” I said interrupting.

“I am going to leave for a bit but I will be back okay?” he said leaning down and kissing me before pushing me through he legs so he could kiss Leila bye too.

“Hair time Leila!” I said ignoring Craig and grabbing the Shampoo.

“NO!” she screamed as Craig walked away. I got shampoo in my hair and she continues to scream and whine but hey, she was over dramatizing it.

“Leila calm down,” I said pulling away as she was all sudsy, “Tilt your head back,” I said as she did and I rinsed the shampoo out, “Now you can play around. I will be back in a few.” I stood up and walked down to the kitchen.

“Food’s ready!” Montes yelled as I got to him, “Oh, hi Ali,” he laughed, “Gerard, Mikey and everybody are on the way,” he smiled while carrying a plate of hot dogs and hamburgers.

Gerard, Mikey and Frankie walked in the door and I started demanding help.

“Gee, can you do me a favor?” I said walking up to him and kissing him on the cheek hello.

“Anything,” he laughed.

“Go keep an eye on Leila and when she is done take her to my room to get dressed.”

“Yes ma’am,” he said before walking away.

“Frankie!” I said hugging him, “Will you help Monte?”

“Yes I will,” he said kissing my forehead.

“Mikey, I need the ice cream cake out of the deep freeze please,” I said looking up at him.

“Of course,” he said simply walking away.

“Oh Ali, presents are in the living room,” Frankie yelled to me.

“Thank you,” I said back before running up to my room and changing in to a dress and leggings. Curled my hair and walked back down stairs.

“Mommy looks pretty!” Leila said when I arrived at her side.

“You do too,” I said picking her up and seeing her I heart Spiderman shirt.

“When will Daddy be here?” she said shrugging as Chelsea came busting through the door.

“LEILA!” she yelled running towards me and her.

“Take her!” I said extending Leila out to her.

“Happy Birthday!” Chelsea screamed spinning Leila around.

“Chesssy stop!” Leila said laughing. I stood there laughing before Tom, and bill walked in.

“I come barring gifts!” Tom said smiling.

I laughed for a second before being pulled aside my Monte, “Ali, go see if Mikey got the damn cake,” Monte said before releasing my arm. I ran down the stairs to the basement to see Mikey talking on the phone.

“Hey, I gotta go, yeah. I will talk to you tonight,” he said before hanging up, “Well don’t you look beautiful today?” Mikey said walking up to me.

“Thank you Mikey,” I said tugging at the ends of my dress.

“Nice necklace too,” he smiled picking it up off my skin, “didn’t I get you this one?” he laughed.

“Yup! And I still love it!” I said while on my tip toes, “But, who were you on the phone with?” I asked before walking to the deep freeze.

“Oh,” he smiled, “Just a girl,” he finished before turning around and grabbing the ice cream cake. He walked past me elbowing me and walked up the stairs I quickly followed. Right when I hit the first floor Leila came running up to me.

“Mommy! Presents!” she said jumping up and down.

“Wait, your Dad will be here soon,” I said before calling him. One ring, two ring, three ring, four ring, five ring, “Hey this is Craig, leave a message.”

I dialed again, one ring, two ring, three ring, four ring, five ring, “Hey this is Craig, leave a message.” I texted him:

Me: Craig your daughter wants to open her presents, please fucking get here.

I threw my phone on the couch before walking to the back yard to see everyone having fun. Robert was chasing Leila, Monte was grilling, Chelsea was all over Tom, and Mikey, Gerard, and Frank were hanging around the swimming pool.

“Gee!” I yelled motioning him over to me. He gave me the one minute finger before getting up and running over to me.

“Yes, my darling,” he laughed.

“I just wanted to thank you for dressing Leila for me.”

“No problem,” he said giving me a funny look, “now really why did you call me over here?”

“No reason, just to thank you, but I am going to go try to get a hold of Craig,” I said before turning around and walking to the living room to find my phone. I flopped down on the couch before feeling it vibrate. I looked around for it taking off the cushions and throwing whatever was on the couch off. I finally found my phone sitting under the couch between the couch bed and the floor.

“2 New messages,” my phone lit up:

Craigie: stop calling, I am driving.

Craigie: Calm the fuck down, just got here.

I started putting the Living room back in order before having a pair of hands over my eyes, “Craig, you’re back,” I said before trying to turn around to face him.

“Guess again, I am in front of you,” I heard Craig’s voice say.

“Max?” I said before turning around to be face to face with the long-haired, snake bitten little shithead, “I missed you!” I screamed wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him tight.

“I missed you too,” is said kissing the top of my head, “You look so pretty with your hair curled, damn girl,” Max said running his hands through my hair and laughing.

“Why didn’t you tell me Craig?”

“Because it was a surprise, silly,” he said before being cut off by me kissing him.

“Thank you,” I said pulling back.

“You can thank me another way,” Craig said shrugging, “Because I am not gonna lie,” he said getting really close to my ear and whispering, “I love that outfit on you but I really just want it off of you.”

“Craig, shut up,” I laughed, “let’s just get through this party thing first before anything else happens,” I laughed before escorting them both outside to Leila’s birthday party.