Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Four

“Mikey!” I yelled jumping on his back.

“Ali!” he said carrying me down the hallway.

“How have you been?” I said kissing him on the cheek.

“Pretty good!” he said smiling, “Why didn’t you come see me over the summer?” he asked.

“Just I was spending time with Max, Monte, Craig, Ro-” I began before he dropped me.

“I would rather not hear about Craig,” he said walking off leaving me on the ground.

“What the hell?” I said getting up and walking off to my Geometry class.

I sat in my front row seat with my friend Harlee behind me.

“What’s up?” she said closing her book and looking up at me as I turned to her.

“Fucking asshole ex-boyfriend,” I said laughing.

“Oh what did he do this time?” she said leaning forward.

“I jumped on his back and he was giving me a piggyback ride,” I said all in one breath.

“Really, that’s actually normal for you,” she said closing her eyes and shrugging.

“Yeah except for him dropping me!” I said sort of yelling as the bell rang.

“Well today will be a free say,” Mrs. Roeder said as she walked in the room, “I have a lot to catch up on and tests to grade. So, just be quite and you guys can do what you will.”(yes this really does happen at my school like everyday :D)

“Sweet! Nap time!” Harlee said laying on the floor.

I slowly joined her on the floor.

“So, why did he drop you he has never done that before, has he?” she asked.

“No he hasn’t and the only thing I said that could have made him mad was Craig’s name but that really has never bothered him before.”

“Maybe, it’s because he is realizing he will never have you again,” she said making me realize she was most likely right.

“Yeah probably,” I said shrugging.

“I mean he was your first,” she said shrugging, “And you were his first.”

“Shut up!” I almost yelled, “I don’t want to think about that.”

“But, it’s true,” she said looking at me.

Then I heard this girl talking, “And I heard Craig Mabbitt lives in this town somewhere,” I looked up to see this girl with tan skin and long brown hair, huge brown eyes and an amazing body. Okay call me a lesbian if you will but hey I’m human I am going to look and compare myself to her, and so far she is way better than me.

“Really?” Harlee said looking up at the girl, “What is so great about him?” Harlee said.

She knew basically everything about Craig I told her. So, I knew she was just joking around with the girl.

“He is just amazing. I want to meet him and kiss him and everything I can,” she said smiling.

The girl beside her laughed as I sat up.

“What is so funny?” she asked looking at the girl who was laughing.

“Nothing, just continue. What does he do?” she said going back to reading her book.

“He is the singer of a band Escape The Fate. He is sexy!” she said grinning.

I busted out laughing before asking the girl, “What is your name?”

“Angelica Rosas,” she said with a Spanish accent.

“Alejandra,” I said shaking her hand with my left hand so she saw the ring.

“Oh, when’s the big day?” she asked smiling at the huge rock Craig placed on my finger.

“Oh that’s up to the groom,” I said pulling my hand back.

“Who would that be?” she asked standing up as I did.

I swear Craig has perfect timing because right when she asked that he came walking through the door, “Hey baby your brother wants you home right after school today,” Craig said walking up to me but stopping at Harlee, “Hey long time no see!” he said helping her up off the ground.

“Oh my god it’s Craig Mabbitt!” Angelica screamed.

“Hey,” he waved to her before looking back at Harlee, “New girl?” he asked as Harlee shock her head yes.

“So how have you been?” Harlee asked.

“Good actually,” He said smiling, “Waiting to figure out when the date will be.”

“We were just talking about that,” Harlee laughed.

“Really?” Craig said look suspiciously at me.

“Not anything soon it looks,” Harlee said laughing.

“I want it to be soon.”

I just stood there in silence.

“So when is the next time you are coming over?” he asked Harlee.

“When this dumbass invites me,” she said pointing to me.

“You want to come over today?” I asked Harlee.

“Well Duh she does!” Craig said kissing me lightly on the lips before giving me a hug.

“Can I have a kiss?” Angelica asked.

“How do I say this?” he paused putting his hands in his pockets, “You are truly pretty but I already have the girl I want and I don’t want to loose her anytime.”

“She will never know,” she said trying to tempt him.

“Uh yeah she will,” he said laughing then looking at Harlee, “She doesn’t know yet does she?”

“Nope,” Harlee laughed.

“Know what?” Ang(my nick name for her) asked laying a hand on Craig’s chest.

“I wouldn’t do that,” Craig said seeing as I was getting a little pissy.

“Why not?”

“Unless you want to end up in a hospital, I would step back,” Craig said looking at Ang then at me.

“Why would that happen?”

“Because, uhm, Hi,” I said waving a hand in her face.

“Excuse me but im talking to my hero,” she said like a snooty bitch.

“Excuse me my ass. You are talking to my boyfriend.”

“Language!” Mrs. Roeder said, “Oh Hi Craig.”

“Hi Mrs. Roeder. I will be leaving now,” Craig said waving to her.

“Excuse me but why would a famous person like this waste his time with you?” Ang said to me.

“Craigie!” I said like a little girl, “She is being mean to me.”

“Ali why the fuck are you telling Craig this?” Harlee said pointing to him, “He wouldn’t hurt a fly. You are supposed to tell me these things.”

“I’m sorry baby. I have to go so your brother doesn’t get a pissy with me. I love you with a fiber that runs through me,” Craig said giving me a hug.

“Okay now that was a little much,” I said pushing him away.

“I know it was weird for me to say it,” he laughed.

“Barf,” Harlee said while making a throwing up face thing.

“Yeah never say that again,” I said hugging him, “And I hate you too,” I said smiling.

“I hate you more!” he said walking out the door.

“He is so not your’s,” Ang said.

“You are so dumb,” I said as the bell rang.

I walked out of the room to Mrs. Baker’s or the foods room.

“What are you doing Ali?” she asked.

“Getting one of my popsicles,” I said grabbing two out of the freezer and walking out to the hall.

“Hey Ali!” Haley yelled pointing to one of my popsicles.

“Come get it,” I said holding it out and laughing.