Status: finished, but you're still welcomed to read it!

I Fought Them All Off Just To Hold You Close And Tight

Confrontation

*2 weeks later*

The vigil took place in the front room of the bus. Ray stood on the other side of the front door with his J.I. Joe army helmet squeezing his 'fro inside. Mikey had a big ass strainer over his head and a plastic baseball bat in his hand, squatting under the window by the kirtchen cabinets. As for me, I was wedged between the couch and the wall with my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle nun-chucks within my grip. The group wanted answeres, no matter what it took.

The three of us saw lights moving across the window. A car door slamming, a muttered, "Thanks Brian," and footsteps heading toward the bus. The same sounds as all the other times Frank's returned from his outings.

"Get ready," Mikey mouthed.

The door opened, and ...

"KYYAAAAAA!!!!"

"What the?!"

"I got his leg!"

"Fucking-"

"Bite him Mikey!!"

"OOOOOFF!"

"What the FUCK are you guys-"

Ray flipped on the light with his toes. He was on his back on the floor with his arms around Frank's neck. I had Frank's right leg, and Mikey was leaning over him with the baseball bat.

"You stupid ASS WIPES!!! What the HELL are you doing to me?!" With his free leg, Frankie kicked Mikey in the jaw. Ray tightened his grip on Frank's neck and pulled him up onto the couch. I let go of his leg and ran off to get out "evidence."

When I returned, Ray and Mikey had handcuffed Frankie to the couch. He wasn't bothering to struggle anymore. "What the hell's going on?" he puffed.

"Oh," said Ray in a fake British accent, "I belive you know. Exhibit A Mr. Bryar, if you please."

Copying the accent, I said, "Why of course Mr. Toro," and handed over the plastic bag.

"Thankyou Mr. Bryar. Now," Ray continued, "what, Mr. Iero, do you see in this baggy I have here?"

Frank looked at his feet and mumbled, " ... Joints ..."

Ray cleared his throat. "Quite right. A very large amount of joints. How many would you say is in here Mr. Way?"

Mikey, who was slapping the bat threateningly on his hand over and over again, said in his accent, "Oh, Mr. Toro, I'd say around 30 or so. Don't you agree Mr. Bryar?"

"Why yes i do Mr. Way!"

Frank looked up from his angry sulking to ask, "Where's Gerard?"

Mikey briefly dropped the accent to answer, "He took some Lunesta. He won't be joining us."

"Since when does he have a prescription for Lunesta?"

"SSSHHHHHH!"

"Gentlemen!" Ray said. "The matter is not of The elder Way. It is of Mr. Iero, and we have many things to discuss with him."

"So I've been smoking some pot. It's not like you guys haven't done it before."

"Yeah, but you've been smoking like two or more of these a day," I said, also dropping the accent. "There's gotta be some reason."

Ray added normally, "You've been drinking too man."

"So?!" Frankie was looking at us now.

"So," I said angrily, "what the fuck is going on!"

Frankie was sitting there with his eyes moving rapidly between the the three of us. Then he did something we didn't expect: he started crying. And not just a couple tears either. He was balling. Mikey dropped the bat. Ray took off his helmet. I put down my nun-chucks.

"I'm s-sorry!" Frankie choked, tears flowing like Niagara Falls down his cheeks. "I'm-m s-so s-s-sorry. I d-don't kn-know to d-deal with this! H-he's n-not g-getting better. And n-nobody else is ever there v-visiting. What the hell am I sup-posed to do? I underst-tand why ... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry ..."

"... Frankie?" Mikey sat down next to Frank on the couch. I got on the other side of him, and Ray kneeled down in front of him while he sobbed.

Ray asked as calmly as he could, "Frank, who are you talking about?"

Frankie managed to sputter, "M-my g-grandpa."

I asked, "Why didn't you tell us?"

Frank just shook his head. I took off the handcuffs we'd put on him and helped him up. Together the three of us led Frank to his bunk and helped him into bed. We all sat with him until he calmed down. I was actually really surprised Gee hadn't woken up. How much Lunesta had Mikey given the poor guy? Maybe it was good though, because Gerard hadn't slept in weeks.

Eventually Frank stopped crying and began to fall asleep. Before he did he muttered, "Don't tell Gee."

We all promised we wouldn't, and pretty soon he was out. Ray turned to me an asked, "Did you know his grandfather was sick?"

"Nope," I responded. "How 'bout you Mikey?"

Mikey shook his head. "Nuh uh."

The three of us got up and went into our own bunks. I spent the night thinking about what I would do if I was in Frank's positiion. Probably the same thing ... unfortunately.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah ... i know this kinda seems rushed, but i really wanted to get to this chapter. sorry. hope you guys like it please comment and subscribe if you do :) LOVE YA!!
P.S. - for those of you who don't know, "vigil" means "watch," liek a stakeout of some sort