Meet the Armstrong's!

First day of Family Trip...So tired!

June 5, 2010 8:00am

I woke up to All Time Low's "Jasey Rae" playing from my IHome. Drake and I sat up.

“Are you gonna take a shower?” I asked him.

“No. We wont have enough time.” He said.

I nodded and we just got dressed. We walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see Jakob looking through the fridge.

“Jake, I’m sure were gonna eat somewhere before heading to LA.” I told him.

“Oh, Ok.” He said closing the fridge.

He walked into the living room to watch TV. Drake and I sat at the island. I then told him all about Colorado Mountain Resort. Mom and dad came down a little later with Joey following.

“You guys ready?” Dad asked.

I nodded. We grabbed our stuff and followed dad out to mom‘s van. We put our stuff in the back and got in. We ended up stopping at Jack in The Box for breakfast. Dad went through the drive thru and we ate on the way to Los Angeles.

After about an hour of driving, we parked in the LAX parking garage, got our stuff out, and went inside to check our bags. Once we did that, we found our gate and waited for a few minutes before we boarded the plane. We were the only people in first class which was pretty cool. We got seated and waited for the plane to take off. After waiting for about 10 minutes, we were finally up in the air. We had little TV’s built in to the seats in front of us. The flight attendants gave us headphones and I plugged mine in, going to the TV shows. I decided to watch Modern Family. Pretty funny show.

(Four hours later)

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are about 10 minutes from Denver, Colorado. The current temperature is 75 degrees. Sunny skies. Please turn off all electronics and put snack trays in the upright position for landing.” The captain said.

We did and we landed soon after. Before going to Baggage claim, we stopped at star bucks. After getting what we wanted, we went to get our bags and a rental car. We put all stuff in the van dad rented and we drove an hour south of here to the resort.

(An hour later)

“Alright kids, were here.” Dad said parking.

We all looked around in awe. This place was huge and amazing. We got out of the car and carried our bags inside. Mom and Dad went to get the room keys while we looked around the hotel. A bell hop took our stuff up to our room. Dad paid him and we explored our hotel room. It was huge! Two bedrooms. One with a king size bed and the other with a queen size bed and bunk beds. A living area with two couches and a big screen TV. A kitchen area. This place is gonna be awesome man.

“Me and Joey get bunk beds.” Jakob said.

“Alright then. Me and Drake get the other bed.” I said.

“I’ll be watching you guys then.” Joey said staring at us before going into the kitchen. I chuckled.

“Don’t let him scare you. He’s joking.” I told Drake.

“I figured but then again, he is your brother.” He said.

“Alright, what are we doing first? Going to the go cart track, golfing, fishing?” Dad asked coming out of the bedroom.

“I wanna go to the go cart track!” Jakob said smiling.

“I wanna stay here. Get some rest.” I said.

“What about you boys?” Dad asked Drake and Joey.

“I wanna go look at the shops and stuff they have here with mom.” Joey said.

“I’m a little tried too from the plane ride.” Drake said.

“Alright, looks like its just me and you buddy.” Dad said ruffling Jake’s hair.

“We’ll be back later.” Dad said. He kissed mom goodbye before leaving with a very excited jakob.

“You ready Joe?” mom asked.

“Yeah.” He said leaving with mom.

“Ahh, peace at last.” I said collapsing on the couch. Drake chuckled at sat next to me.

“Did you stay here with me on purpose?” I asked.

“No, I really am tired. I’d probably fall asleep at the wheel of one of those go carts and crash.” Drake said laying his head on my shoulder. I chuckled at the site.

“You wanna get some rest then?” I asked.

“Yeah. I’m beat. I think we’re getting old.” Drake said laughing.

I smiled as we made our way to the bedroom. Our hotel room way laid out weird. When you first walk in, you go into the living room. Then to your left, its mom and dad’s room. Then further into the living room is the kitchen and the balcony. Then on the other side of the living room is our bedroom. On the other side of the hotel room from mom and dad’s. Then bathrooms in both bedrooms. We got into our pajamas and laid down in bed.

“This bed is so comfy.” I said scooting around in it to find a comfortable spot. Drake then pulled me against him.

“Find your comfy spot?” He asked.

“Now I did.” I smiled. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

“Have a nice nap. I love you.” He said.

“I love you too Drake.” I said closing my eyes and falling asleep.

(Two hours later; 8:14pm)

“Guys, wake up! We’re eating now. Dad ordered room service.” I heard Jakob say. I opened my eyes to see Jakob.

“Come on.” He said walking out. I got up as did Drake. We stumbled into the living room area and sat on the couch.

“Have a nice nap guys?” Dad smiled.

“Pleasant.” I said still half asleep.

“I didn’t like the thought of letting you guys starve so if you want, you can go back to sleep after you eat.” Dad said.

We nodded. The food dad ordered soon came and we took what was ours and began eating. Dad and Jakob told us what they had done while we were eating. After eating, Drake and I went back into the bedroom.

He grabbed the remote before sitting next to me on the bed. I covered up and watched as he flipped through the guide. He came across the movie ‘Stand By Me.’ Really, really good movie. We watched about the first 45 minutes of it before going to sleep for the night.