‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

Stiff, Sore, & Loss Of Memory, Not A Good Combination

I woke up the next day in a hotel room with every muscle in my body sore, beside me was Duff wide awake watching me.

“You look tired, are you?” Duff asked, as his arms snaked around me.

“No I’m wide awake.” I answered tiredly as Duff let out a laugh. “What time is it?” I wondered out loud after a moment.

“Oh it’s uhh almost one, holy shit we must’ve been pretty smashed if we slept that long.” Duff said in surprise as he sat up.

“Well what time do we need to be back at the bus at?” I asked as I tried to move, it hurt to breath, let alone move, I took a look around the room and now that I looked I saw clothes everywhere. Of course I recognized all the items of clothing, some were Duff’s and some were mine, actually that’s a lie, most were mine.

“Uhh, I don’t know two thirtyish I guess at the latest.” Duff said slowly, he was hung over big time and so was I.

“I guess that means we should start getting ready.” I said as I rolled over and began fishing for my clothes.

“I guess.” Duff answered as he picked what looked like his boxers off the floor and put them on before he stood up. After a few minutes of searching for our articles of clothing we both walked out of that room, fully dressed.

“That must have been one crazy night if I don’t remember it.” Duff said with a chuckle as he looked at me, “later you have to tell you about it.” I shook my head slowly.

“I’d tell you about it if I could remember it.” I replied as I ran my fingers through my hair, which earned me a look from Duff.

“You don’t remember it either?” He asked his voice filled with curiosity as he stopped then looked at me.

“No, I don’t but every bone in my body is sore if that tells you anything.” I answered with a laugh, Duff stopped and stared at me before he let out a loud laugh and looped his arm around my shoulder. We checked out I guess you could call it of our room as I flagged down a cab. Duff smiled at me as I got into the cab before he swung himself in. He gave the driver directions to the bus and before long we were getting out of the cab and walking up towards the bus.

“So, you’re coming on stage with us tonight for the end?” Duff asked as we walked towards the bus.

“I don’t know if I’m going to come on tonight, I’m not sure I’m up to it.” I said to Duff who sighed then stopped.

“C’mon, you promised that you’d come on tonight with us.” He whined, crossing his arms and stomping his feet like a four year old would.

“Duff, I’m really not feeling well, please let me sleep it off, I’m exhausted.” I begged and pulled on his arm.

“Fine, if you’re not feeling well and you want to sleep it off for tonight that’s fine with me, but Axl’s gonna have a fit when he finds out.” Duff said to me as I yawned and shook my head.

“I don’t give a damn what Axl thinks right now.” I told him as he let out a laugh. I pulled open the door to the trailer and walked inside with Duff following me close behind.

“Look guys the lovebirds are back!” Axl shouted from the living room as the rest of them laughed.

“Yeah, we’re back.” Duff said from behind me.

“How was the date?” Izzy asked with a snicker. “Or more importantly how was the sex?” Of course they all found it hilarious, especially Axl who I thought was going to suffocate he was laughing so hard. Duff and I shared a look, I rolled my eyes and he just shrugged as if to say “what do you want me to do about it?”

“Honestly I wish I could tell you how the sex was but I don’t remember any of it. We both got hammered.” Duff explained.

“Damn, I was hoping that you would’ve remembered it. I was also hoping that if you guys weren’t that into it, maybe I could have a shot.” Steven said wryly, that earned loads more laughs from everyone around including Duff.

“Listen guys I’m exhausted and ready to drop so I’m going go and sleep for the rest of the night.” I told them as Duff slowly wrapped his arms around my stomach. Axl stared at me for a second as if to check if I was lying, I don’t think he saw anything because he nodded his head slowly. “Duff let go I can make it to the room by myself.” I told him; hesitantly he moved his arms, and then with everyone watching me I walked into our room. Not even bothering to take off my clothes I crawled under the covers and let the darkness engulf me.
Later that night or early the next morning I heard Duff come in even though he tried to be quiet. I waited until he was under the covers before I spoke.

“How was the concert?” I asked my voice barely above a whisper, I didn’t bother to open my eyes because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to get them open very much if at all.

“It was good, real loud crowd with lots of screaming people. Slash lost his guitar like usual and Axl was walking around swearing like a trucker on stage and that’s about it.” He replied as he pulled me closer. “Go to sleep, you’re still exhausted.” He told me, he said something else too but I didn’t hear it because I was already fast asleep.