‹ Prequel: Second Chances

Everlasting Love

Chapter 36

I was extremely happy when I returned home with my whole family; most of our guests had started their journey home as soon as the Volturi were a safe distance away from us. At least most of your guests had left on good terms with us; I was slightly sad and disappointed that Vladimir and Stefan had left so quickly, I was hoping to hear more about themselves and what they’ve seen throughout the decades. The only ones who returned back to the Cullen’s house were our two new guests; it made sense though, we wanted to know more about them and they wanted to know more about Renesmee.

“Alice gave Aro the excuse he needed to end the fight. If he hadn’t been so terrified of Bella and Alex, then he would have carried on with the first plan” Edward said as he told us the side of the fight he saw from Aro; Carlisle was talking to Huilen while Nahuel listened to Edward.

“Aro was terrified of us?” Bella said not really believing what Edward was saying; but I knew exactly what Edward was saying. I felt Jasper kiss my neck as he agreed with his brother; I was sitting on the couch with Jasper behind me, his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist.

“The Volturi haven’t fought a fair fight in around about twenty-five hundred years; they’ve never fought a fight where they were disadvantaged, especially since they have Jane and Alec” Edward told us; I could see the Volturi always getting their way when it came to punishing other vampires.

“You should have seen how we looked to them. Normally Alec would cut off all senses so no one can run when the verdict is given; but there we were, standing and waiting for them. Aro knew with Bella, Alex and Zafrina on our side that if we were to fight then both sides would lose some; there was a good chance that the Volturi would even lose the fight. They’ve never dealt with a possibility like that before; and they didn’t dealt with it well today” Edward explained to everyone; we were all sitting around in the living room listening to Edward speak.

“It’s a bit hard to feel confident when you’re surrounded by horse sized wolves” Emmett said smiling but you could tell he was a bit upset about not getting to fight; Jacob returned the smile.

“Absolutely; another sight that the Volturi haven’t seen. The true Children of the Moon hardly ever move in packs; they are never really in control of themselves. Sixteen gigantic wolves was a surprise they didn’t see coming. Caius is terrified of werewolves; he almost lost a fight with one a few thousand years ago” Edward told us.

As the night went on Alice told Bella and I why she had to leave, how hard it was on her and Spencer, why she couldn’t at least have told Bella; we seemed to be the only annoyed ones in the room. I hated that Alice left; even if it did save all our lives. Then the conversation turned onto Bella and I; it seemed like Edward wanted everyone to know how it had been because of Bella and I that the Volturi walked away.

With Bella’s shield and the control I had over everyone; it scared the Volturi so much that they ran away with they ‘tails between their legs’. I was starting to get uncomfortable with all the impressed looks I was getting from everyone; I mean I didn’t really do all that much today. I would have been more helpful if there was a fight but then again I was so glad there wasn’t a fight; all I really did was let Aro know what gift I had and how powerful I was.

“Once Aro saw Alex’s gift and how strong it was and how well she could use it; he became frightened which hardly ever happens. Aro knew that if a fight did take place that Alex would be a big target to for them; it would also be a great deal harder to get anywhere near her, to get near to anyone with Alex around” Edward smiled proudly over at me; as I smiled back at him I felt Jasper kiss my cheek gently.

“So what you’re saying is that with Alex and Bella there today, we couldn’t get touched?” Jacob asked as he turned his dark playful eyes onto me; he too looked at me with proud eyes and a proud smile.

“Basically yes, that’s what I’m saying” Edward chuckled along with everyone else; I’ve never really realized just how powerful I am, but right now I’m starting to realize that.

As the discussions slowly split into different groups I was suddenly feeling wore out; I just wanted some normality around me. I wanted to be in my cottage with Jasper, with the familiar walls surrounding me. Bella and Edward said that they were going to head back to their cottage and get Nessie into her own bed. Jacob said that he was going to go sleep in his own bed at Dad’s place; I knew Dad was going to be ecstatic when Jake went home.

“I think we’re going to go as well” Jasper said while Jacob pulled a giggling me up off the couch; I hugged my brother tightly and for as long as we could stand the different body temperatures. I felt extra cold to Jacob while he felt extremely hot to me; so hot that it felt like he was going to burn my body.

“Thank you Jake, thanks for everything. You’ve always been there for me; even when you disagreed on my relationship with Jasper, you never left me” I whispered into his ear as we were still hugging; I felt Jacob tighten his arms around my waist.

“You don’t have to thank me Als; I’m your brother. I’m always going to be here for you; I’m always going to love you no matter who you love or what you are” Jake whispered into my ear before we slowly pulled apart; Jacob kissed my forehead twice while I kissed his cheek.

I got hugs and kisses from the rest of my family while Jasper waited patiently for me; his eyes never left me as I said my goodbyes. I noticed that Nahuel sometimes stared at me; well I think he was staring at me. He only stared at me when I was around Jacob; I guess after seeing him as a wolf and then a human, it must have seemed strange for a wolf and vampire to be family.

“I so can’t wait to get back to our cottage. Today has just worn me out completely; I just want to relax for as long as I can now” I told my husband as we ran through the forest hand in hand; I hadn’t realized just how much I missed this. Just being with Jasper and not being under pressure or thinking that it might be for the last night.

“Our night isn’t even close to finishing love” Jasper smiled down at me as we got closer and closer to our cottage; I instantly knew what Jasper was saying and honestly I couldn’t wait, it had been way to long since we had a nice night together.

As soon as I walked into our cottage I took off the necklace that Aro sent me for a wedding present; I would probably give it to Nessie, she loved to play and bend shiny things. I knew I didn’t want to see or wear a gift from Aro ever again; I didn’t even want to think about Aro or any of the Volturi for a long time. I threw the necklace onto the coffee table in the living room; I was then spun around to face my husband. His lips were soon on mine for a passionate and loving kiss; a kiss that we haven’t shared for a while and a kiss that we both missed. Jasper was quick to lead me up the hallway and into our bedroom; it didn’t take us long until we were lying on our bed, tangled in each other’s arms.

“You’re parents would be so proud of you Alex; I know Billy is so proud of his little princess, so would Sara. You were so amazing today at the clearing; he didn’t push anyone to breaking point but you let them know that you couldn’t be beaten” Jasper told me in a tender and affectionate voice; his Southern accent slipping into his words.

“That’s all I’ve ever wanted; was to make them all proud of me and happy that I’m their daughter” I smiled up at my husband who was hovering over me; I just wished that my parents and Sara were still here. Just so I could hear their voices one more time; to feel the love they have for me.

“You have no idea just how much I love you Alex Hale; you are perfect for me in every way possible” Jasper mumbled against my neck as he placed tender kisses up and down my neck and jaw line.

“I love you so much Jasper; I’m so glad we met and got to know each other” I whispered running my fingers through my husband’s blond curly hair; the hair that I loved to play with.

“Now we can be together forever” Jasper said against the skin of my neck; and that’s when it dawned on me. I could finally be with Jasper forever; I could be with all of my family forever, well maybe not all the pack seeing as some have imprints so they might stop phasing, but that’s totally fine with me.

It wasn’t long until all talking stopped and our clothes were being thrown around our bedroom; our kisses were full of passion and love, our caresses were gentle and tender, our stares were full of longing and desire. Soon Jasper and I were indulging in a night of making love that was full of love, passion, and desire. Something we haven’t been able to do in a few weeks.

I was also looking forward to tomorrow; everything will be back to normal and we all we finally be able to get back to living our lives. I’ll be able to go see Dad, Charlie and Sue again; I’ve noticed Sue and Charlie getting awfully close over the past few weeks, personally I think they’ll be a good couple. The mother of the wolves and the father of the vampires; a perfect match.

I’ll be able to hang out with my pack once again without having a looming fight over our heads; I’ll be able to see Rachel again without the fear of putting her in any danger, Jacob and I can go back to being siblings and not protectors of each other. Everything will be normal once again.

I know my life has been action packed and strange but I wouldn’t have it any other way;
My parent’s died in a fire; leaving me to get adopted by the Black family.
My second mother, Sara, dies in a car accident.
I start attending Forks high school.
Bella moves back to Forks.
I meet the Cullen’s and develop a crush of Jasper Hale.
I learn that the La Push legends are true; meaning the Cullen’s are vampires.
Jasper and I start dating behind my families back.
I get kidnapped by a tracker vampire, James.
Jacob and Dad found out about our relationship; making us break up.
The Cullen’s leave Forks; causing Bella to be heartbroken.
I learn that Jacob is a wolf and see him phase for the first time.
I meet Spencer Platt; the pack protects me from him until he saves my life.
Paul phases to close to me and injures me.
The Cullen’s come back to Forks; they visit me in hospital.
Jasper and I are allowed to date again, and we jump right into our relationship.
I graduated from Forks high; with Bella, Edward and Alice.
Victoria and her army of newborn vampires planned an attack of Forks; she came after Bella and I.
Jacob runs away which is hard on everyone.
Jasper asks me to marry him and I say yes.
I move into the Cullen’s house.
Jasper and I get married; Jacob comes home.
I get badly hurt making Jasper turn me into a vampire; Jacob never left my side.
Jasper takes me on our honeymoon where I find out about my special gift.
Bella got pregnant and returned home from her and Edward’s honeymoon.
The pack broke off into two groups as Bella’s baby grew at a fast rate.
Bella’s baby was finally born; Edward turned her into a vampire.
Jacob imprinted on Renesmee; Bella didn’t take the news well ending in her trying to attack Jacob and I, but ended up hurting Seth.
The Volturi found out about Renesmee and plan on coming to Forks to investigate; but we prove to them that Nessie is innocent which they accept and leave Forks, but they also see how powerful Bella and I are.
Everything finally goes back to normal, well as normal as things can be for vampires and wolves. I finally have my whole family together and I can be with the love of my life forever.

The End!
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to give a big thank you to all my faithful readers and everyone who wrote a comment! I love each and every one of you! This is sadly the last chapter to this story, this is the end! So again a big thank you to you!!