Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

From Nightmares To Smiles

I opened my eyes and I was alone in a hospital room. I went to look out the window but I couldn’t find one. It was just a small, very small, hospital room that was painted white. There was a chair next to the bed and it to was white. Where is everyone? Why am I alone? What happened to James and oh my god what about Nick?? What’s going on?? The door creaked on the other end of the small, cramp, white room. I shot my head over and saw a male nurse walking into the room, he had his back to me “Well Miss Windle, that was quite the fall you took back there…” Why did that voice sound so familiar??

The nurse turned around and pulled down his surgical mask and I saw that gross smirk. The one that gave me nightmares. I could feel my eyes getting huge with fear. He laughed, “That’s right, I’m back. Oh I see you’ve met my son” Sure enough James walked in and I started to cry. “Oh stop crying, baby. This won’t be painful....for us…well more for you then for us anyway” James said laughing. With that George took out a needle and started coming towards me, I started kicking and screaming and I had tears streaming down my face. James was holding my feet and my hands were bound down, then just as the needle was about to make contact with my skin I heard shouting. “ALLY, ALLY STOP IT COME ON AL WAKE UP!!” “WAKE UP ALLY!!!”

I shot open my eyes and I felt like I couldn’t breath. My throat was scratchy and eyes were blurry from the tears, not to mention the bright light shinning in my eyes. “What’s going on?” I whispered out, “Al oh my god you're awake.” Nick said tightening his grip on my hand, I felt the grip on my legs release along with my arms, I looked around and the whole Jonas family was here, well minus Frankster. The doctor came rushing in through the door. “We heard screaming and commotion, what’s wrong?!” He shouted looking flustered. “She just had a nightmare” Nick said pushing hair out of my face. Only then did I notice the surging pain in my side, hand, and head. “Ow” I squealed while tears filled my eyes. “Ally, thank god your okay” Mrs. Jonas said rubbing my leg, “You gave us all a scare kiddo” Mr. Jonas said patting the other. “Sorry” I whispered out, “Don’t be” Joe said, his hair was a mess, I’m guessing from running his hand through it so many times. “Joe, your hair looks great” I said laughing a little but then stopping, it hurt in my side when I breathed to hard or deep. I winced and bit my lip, “Oh Al, when you fell in the store a piece of glass was dug deep into your side” Kevin said explaining the surging pain, “You had surgery to get it out” Mr. Jonas said smiling. “Oh” I said quietly letting a small yawn escape while closing my eyes, “Which explains why your so tired, your anesthesia probably hasn’t worn off yet, why don’t we go get some rest for the night and well come back to see you in the morning?” Mrs. Jonas said. Everyone solemnly agreed and started saying goodbye. “Nick, don’t leave…please” I said squeezing his hand, with my good hand, you know the one that wasn’t bandaged up. Nick looked back to Mrs. and Mr. Jonas and they nodded and then left.

He sat back down in the chair. “Nick what happened?” I said, “Well, after the alarm went off and James slipped up about his other girl, I was about to punch him when I heard a yelp from behind us, I turned around and there you were collapsed on the ground. I ran over to you and I yelled for help.” “What about James?” “I honestly don’t know where he went” Nick said drawing a circle on my hand. “Nick, why do bad things always happen to me?” I said quietly, “I don’t know, but they don’t only affect you, I mean seeing you in here hooked up to these machines is killing me. Not to mention the fact that you’ve been starving your self for the past two weeks” He said, I glanced away, “Al the doctor asked about it.” “What did you say?” I asked, I hope he didn’t say anything I don’t want to be embarrassed. “Well I told him you weren’t eating, but he said as long as he could talk to you about it he wouldn’t tell mom or dad or anyone.” “Okay” I said quietly, “Hey Al” He said and I looked up to him, “You look beautiful” I smiled at him and inched over in my bed very slowly. My torso was bandaged up just like my hand. He climbed up and into the bed, it was dark in the room and there was a window in this room, unlike in my nightmare. “Nick I have a question” I said. “Shoot” “Why does my head hurt so bad?” “You have a concussion, from the fall” “Oh, did I faint because of?” “Yea…Ally promise me that you’ll eat okay?” He said looking at me, “I promise” I said closing my eyes. “Okay good” Nick said. He was playing with my hair, which was probably gross, but I didn’t care…okay maybe I did a little. But this is Nick here, he doesn’t care. He started to lightly sing Inseparable in my ear and before I knew it, I was asleep.

A few days later and I’m back at home. Currently my iPod is blasting No One by Alicia Keys. My room? A mess. I have clothes all over the place and a few suitcases open in the middle of my room. Nick was lying on my bed with Max. “So.” “So?” I said. I was digging threw my drawers to find my Jersey Girl sweat shirt. It’s not here. Maybe the next drawer? No that’s underwear… Wait did I fold it and put it up top? AHA! There it is! It’s all the way at the top. I jumped up and knocked the whole pile down. Whatever, I’ll just take them all with me. I walked out and put them nicely into my bag. Next was sweat pants.

“How have you been feeling?” Nick asked. “Fine.” I said walking back out with a pile of sweat pants and placing them with the sweat shirts. “Well that’s good.” Nick said with a loud sigh. I walked back into my closet and took the dresses off the hangers and folded them neatly into the bag. “Al you are so weird” He said to me laughing as I folded some more clothes and placing them neatly into my bags. “Why am I weird?” I asked leaning back on my knees. “Look at your room right now, there’s stuff everywhere. And now you’re nicely folding everything and putting it neatly away.” He said, “That’s not weird. I’m going to clean it all up, but this is just how I’m packing” “I still say your weird.” “Did you pack yet?” I asked, we’re leaving tonight at four am. “Yea, mom made us pack like three days ago.” He said playing with Max’s ears. I just started singing along with Because Of You by Kelly Clarkson.

“Hey you hit that high note” Nick said when the song ended. “What?” “The high note, you know the part, the same damn thing?” “Oh did I?” I asked folding the t-shirts. “Yea, it was good.” He said, and then he just dropped it. I really expected him to drag on about how I can sing, like James did. It made me smile that he didn’t. “Aw I love this song!!” I said as Train’s Drops of Jupiter started to play. “Oh me to” He said, we both were singing it but not paying any attention. I was starting to put away the clothes I decided not to bring with me.

“Yo Ally” Joe’s voice called from the doorway, I stopped singing just as fast as Nick did and turned around, “Yea?” I said. “Can you still play the guitar? From when Kev taught you??” He asked walking into the room and sitting down on the computer chair, “Um yea, not like amazingly though like you guys” I said laughing; I walked over to my DVDs and picked out the one’s I wanted to take with me. “You should so be our opening act.” Joe stated. “What?” I asked putting away the DVDs and jewelry I decided on taking, “Well, you should.” Joe said turning off the computer, “No thanks” I said. “Al, please??” “Joe, no I don’t want to.” “But Al you’re like amazing.” “I’m not the super star Joe, you guys are.” “We can share the lime light Al, come on!! This could be amazing!!” He was getting really excited. “Joe I don’t want to.” I said calmly. “Ally but you're so good! Like you could be famous!! Oh my god could you imagine!?!” He shouted, “Joe, she said no…drop it.” Nick said from the bed I smiled at him for a thank you. “Fine” Joe said getting up from the chair he walked out of the room and then popped his head back in, “We're going out to dinner with Lindsey’s family tonight by the way” He said smiling, “Okay” I said. “Woah, you finished packing??”Joe said looking at the now clean room, what canI say?I like to work fast.“Well yea, I mean besides the stuff I still need before we leave. Oh and this” I said plopping the Jonas box in. It had all my lyrics in it and pictures that I was going to put up around my bunk.

“Hey Nick?” I asked turning around just as Joe walked out of the door. The Killer’s When You Were Young was playing and he stopped singing and looked over at me, “Yea?” I ran and jumped on the bed with him. “WERE GOING ON TOUR!!!” I shouted ignoring the painfrom my side because of the jump. He just laughed and started to tickle me, I was squealing and Max started barking. “GUYS!!” Kevin shouted and we stopped and looked up, “Al, mom said to not forget your medicine, and bandage stuff. Nick, she said just don’t forget your diabetes stuff.” “Okay” I said laughing; Frankie was behind him making faces at the back of Kevin. Kevin twisted around and caught him making a face at him and started to chase him away. “Man oh man” Nick said. “What??” I asked laughing. “We're going on tour” he said starring at the ceiling. “I know” I said back with a smile on my face.