Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Passing or Under...same thing.

“Ally, honey come on time to get up…Ally come on honey” Mrs. Jonas was shaking me lightly. I mumbled into my pillow and heard her laugh a little, “Come on hun, faster you get on the bus, faster your asleep and we’ll be officially on tour!” She said excitedly getting off the bed. I sat up and yawned and looked at my phone. 4 AM. This is rough. “I hate this part” I whined standing up, my feet touching the cold floor. “I know but it’s worth it, now come on were leaving in about ten minutes” She said walking out of the room. I pulled on a sweat shirt and sweat pants. I grabbed my bag and threw some of my last minute essentials into it and looked around one last time, to make sure I wasn’t forgetting anything. There was a light knocking on the door behind me and I turned and saw Nick standing there. “Ready to go?” He yawned. “Yea just double checking.” I turned and grabbed the bag and pillow I had. “Let’s go goof.” He said rubbing my head. “Don’t touch me” I said punching him in the stomach as I past him. He laughed and grabbed my bag from my hand, “I got it” He said just as I was about to protest.

“Joe ready?” I asked stopping in his room, “Uh yea, almost” “Joe are you seriously still packing!?” “No, just uh double checking….Where’s my other shoe?” He was running around like a chicken with out a head.....with one sneaker on. “Joseph, Allison come on!” Mr. Jonas shouted from downstairs. “Joe I can’t believe you didn’t pack like last week when you were supposed to!” I scolded while looking for his shoe with him. A few minutes later and some more yelling was heard. “We're coming!” I shouted. “FOUND IT!” Joe shouted, I turned around. “Why is it on your shelf?” “I have no idea.” He said shrugging and grabbing it. “Alright let’s go monkey.” “Monkey?” I questioned as he turned off the light and we made our way down the stairs. “Yea I don’t know.” He said laughing and holding the door open for me. “You are a freak” I said laughing and making my way to the bus. “Alright everyone let’s rock and roll!” Mr. Jonas shouted as we all flung ourselves into our bunks. There were monas heard from each bunk in detest for the hyper man. “They’ll be more excited tomorrow when they're actually awake. Come on let’s go to bed” Mrs. Jonas said laughing a little. They made there way past our bunks until I heard there door close.

I got up and opened the curtain. Oh god. Me and dark do not mix well. But we all know that don’t we? I jumped down with my blanket and pillow. I made my way carefully to the back of the bus. I sat on the tiny part of the window that was padded to be a window seat. I propped my pillow up so it was more comfortable for me and cocked my head so that I was looking up at the stars as we drove out of the neighborhood and onto the high way, away from home.

I was busy thinking about the upcoming tour and everything else crazy that’s been going on that I was leaving behind. Finally. I felt someone lay next to me and I looked over, “What are you doing?” I whispered. “Looking at the stars, like you are” Nick said back like it was the most obvious thing. “Oh,” I said yawning a little, “You know this is one of the best parts, I love looking at the stars as we drive past them,” I said looking back up. “Were driving under them, not pass them.” He said. “Same thing” I rolled my eyes. “Not really.” “Oh shut up. Don’t ruin this.” I said. “Sorry” He said laughing a little. “I’m so excited.” I said smiling, “Same here.” “To bad max couldn’t come” I said a little sad, “He’ll be fine with Mr. Williams, I promise.” Mr. Williams was the neighbor we asked to watch Max while we were gone for the summer, he was happy to do it for a small fee. “I hope your right, other wise you owe me a new puppy” I said. “Ha, how bout you get me a puppy first before I get you a second one” I laughed and so did he. “This tour is going to be great. Right?” I asked. “Yea it will. Best one yet.” “Best one yet” I repeated all smiles. Then I yawned again. “Want to go to bed?” He asked. “No” I said back closing my eyes. “Come on, if we sleep here we’ll be so sore tomorrow.” “Fine” I said getting up. We made our way back to the bunks and I threw my stuff up into mine. “Ready, I can make it up in one try now. Watch” I whispered, “Yea right” He said smiling at me. “Oh just watch.” I said. I jumped up and made it in. “HA!” I shouted loudly. Then clamped my hand over my mouth. He laughed quietly and jumped up. “Smooth move.” “Whatever, I did it” I said shoving him over. “Yea, we won’t get to laugh at you anymore.” “Oh I am sure there will be other moments where you can laugh at me.” I said snorting a little. “True” He said yawning. “You bring pictures with you to put up?” He asked. My eyes were closed, “Yea, I’m gonna put them up tomorrow when I can actually see what I’m doing.” “Same with me.” “Ha we're just so smart” I said patting his stomach, I felt it move up and down like he was laughing. I smiled and then scooted over closer. “Sweet dreams Al,” “Night rockstar” I said with one last yawn. He laughed and then whispered “Night beautiful”. I'm sure he thought I was asleep, he was obvioulsy wrong.