Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Did I really just loose Nick Jonas forever?

“Al, ally wake up” I shot my eyes open and coughed a few times, choking on my own tears. Yuck gross. “Thanks Kev” I said with out even looking over at him, “It’s not Kevin?” I rolled over. “Oh ha sorry Mr. Jonas. Wow you sounded just like Kevin.” I said laughing and scratching the back of my neck as I sat up. “It’s okay, honey are you feeling okay?” “I feel fine” I said putting my own hand to my farhead. “No I meant depressed or anything, you just seem to be down a lot lately” I was a little shocked Mr. Jonas just asked me that. Have I really been acting so depressed lately? I thought it was just Nick. “Oh no I’m fine Mr. Jonas.” “Ally” He said to me with the look only a father can put on. “Really, I’ve just been really tired. Gotta give those boy more credit…singing all the time is exhausting” I said with a laugh. “Yea, they are crazy huh?” Mr. Jonas asked laughing and looking off to the left, I guess everyone is sitting up at the table. I smiled at him. “Are you okay though? You were screaming back here.” Mr. Jonas asked with concern. “Oh I’m fine, just a bad nightmare.” I said shrugging. “You sure kid-o?” He asked ruffling my hair once I jumped down. I smiled up at him. “Positive.” “Alright, well were gonna stop for some dinner soon.” “Alright sounds like a plan” I said giving him thumbs up and walking back wards towards the bathroom. He laughed and walked back up towards the front. I let out a sigh and grabbed some towels and clothes before taking my shower.

There was a knock on the door and I cut off the water and wrapped a towel around my body. “Yeah?” I called out. “Ally, it’s me nicole can I talk to you?” “Nicole I’m in a towel.” I said looking at the door really confused. “Like I haven’t seen you in a towel before, Ally I’m your best friend.” “True” I said shrugging as I opened the door. She came and shut the door. “So what is it?” I asked. “Hold on.” She banged on the door and I heard a yelp of pain from the other side. I laughed, “Joe you know better then that!” I shouted and he hit the door back. “Go away Joseph” Nicole said. “Fine” He whined. I switched places with Nicole and turned on the shower and the faucet. “Now he can’t hear us.” I smiled. “Smart” She said nodding her head. I laughed. “So what’s up?” I asked clearing off the steamed up mirror. “Um well,” She started before sitting on the closed toilet seat. “I was sitting with the boys in the back after breakfast, when you were sleeping?” She asked. I nodded my head to tell her to keep going, I had started to do my make up for the day….or night now I guess. “Well Nick was being all emo quiet, you know how he’s been for the past like two weeks?” “Yeah?” I said putting eyeliner, very carefully. It’s hard to do on a moving bus but I’ve grown accustomed to it now. “Well I finally freaked on him.” She said. “Nicole!” I said looking at her. “Okay I know you asked me to let it go and all but I couldn’t! Ally he’s been a fun killer for two weeks now! And that was plenty long for me not to say anything!” She said in defense, it’s true. I knew she’d snap at him soon. Fourteen days for Nicole is a miracle. “Well what’d you say?” I said with a sigh turning back towards the mirror. “Well I just asked why he was being emo.” She said. “and?” I asked. “He freaked back.” She said quietly. I looked over at her confused. She was picking at her nails, something she does when she’s nervous or upset.

I put down the mascara and knelt down in front of her. “Nicole what ever he said about you, it’s not true. He’s just in a grumpy mood okay?” God for Nick to pick on her just because of our fight is ridiculous. “Ally he didn’t say anything about me.” She said just as quietly. “Then why are you so upset?” I asked standing up and going back to the make up. “It was about you” she said turning so I could see her out of the side of my eye. “Okay, Nick talks about me all the time. Do you think I care?” I asked with a laugh. “Ally” Nicole said with a very serious tone. I sighed and dropped the moose I was about to scrunch through my hair. “Okay Nicole, what did he say?” I asked giving her all of my attention and leaning against the door. She took a breath before starting, “He told me, well all of us, that he wasn’t being emo. I obviously laughed and told him he was in denial. He then freaked and started yelling and saying we shouldn’t be concerned about him, that we should be more concerned about the bulimic in the bathroom.” She said starring at me. My heart stopped. “Ally?” Nicole asked. “WHAT?” I snapped. “Ally what did he mean by that?” Nicole asked standing up to be leveled with me. “Nothing Nicole. He didn’t mean a thing.” I said defensively. “Ally I’m your best friend. Tell me he was lieing. Tell me straight to my face that Nick Jonas lied about you making your self sick after every meal. Tell me he made it all up. Everything!!” She started shouting. So Nick told them. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I stood up off the door and quietly opened it, “What are you doing?” Nicole asked or more shouted, she was still angry. “waiting for you to get out” I said quietly. “You’re joking right?!” She said I closed my eyes again at her yelling. “Stop yelling Nicole” I said calmly. “NO!! My best friend is hurting herself!! I will not stop yelling until she confesses it!!” I sighed again. “Kevin!” I shouted out the door, I needed her out of here. She was still rambling on about something when Kevin appeared. “Can you please get her out of here” I asked more like begged. He looked confused. “No. Kevin go away. I’m not leaving.” Nicole said sitting down on the toilet seat again crossing her arms. I let out an aggravated yell. “I don’t think she’s moving.” He said bitterly and walked away. Was he mad at me to!? “FINE THEN I WILL!” I shouted and picked up my clothes and stomped out of the bathroom and into the little closet. I slammed the door shut and changed quickly into a pair of white Hollister shorts and a black tank top. I put on the black converses Nick gave me last Christmas and then remembered my hair. I punched the clothes around me when I remembered I left the moose in the bathroom with my extremely angry best friend. “Damn it” I said. I searched around everywhere in there for another can, I finally found one in the way back and used it.

I opened the closet door and contemplated on where to go. I was stuck on a bus with four people who were extremely pissed at me at the moment. I decided on my bunk…until I noticed Nick sitting in his underneath it. Joe was coming from the other direction. Shit. What do I do? He walked over to me and stopped right in front of me. I looked away from his eyes and he walked past me and I sighed. I ripped Nick’s curtain back and he looked up then back to the TV he was watching. “Thanks Nick. Thank you so much for turning everyone that matters against me.” “Maybe you can start cutting now” He said with his eyes still on the screen. “You know what?! Maybe I will.” I said bitterly and stalked off towards the bathroom, I wasn’t going to really cut myself. “Nicholas!” Was shouted and I knew it was Kevin. “Ally stop! Do not do it!” He said running and beating me to the door. I sighed. “Kevin she wouldn’t actually do it” Nick shouted from his bunk. “Really Nick!? And why do you think that!?” I shouted twisting around. “Because you would never be that stupid.” He said stepping out of his bunk. “Then again I didn’t think you were stupid enough to believe something some guy told you” He said shrugging. I was getting mad, really mad. “Nick” Kevin said from behind me, a warning for him to stop. “What Kevin? It’s the truth. So go ahead let her cut herself to. You know what Ally do what you want now. I’m not going to try and save you anymore. I’m sick and tired of it. I’m done with everything to do with you.” He shouted and the bus came to a halt. I was starring at him. He was being completely honest. “I never asked you to save me” I said back. “Fine then I’m not going to anymore.” He said turning around and walking off the bus. What just happened?

“Ally….” Kevin said from behind me. “Al, I think he’s really done this time.” Kevin said quietly. “Good. I never asked him to stick around!” I shouted. Joe walked past me again with Nicole. She looked at me like she wanted to say something. Something to make me feel better, but she didn’t. She just kept walking. Kevin walked off the bus with Lindsey and I was still standing there. Did I really just loose Nick Jonas forever?