Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

I forgot.

“Hey everyone It’s Thursday July eleventh and here I am, Chris Williams, interviewing The Jonas Brothers and Ally Windle.” July eleventh? I shot my head up. July eleventh! How could I be so stupid!? I could punch myself right now for being so dumb! Before I knew it the camera’s red light went off and I dropped the small smile and let out my breath, I hadn’t even realized I was holding it. I sat there for a few moments while the interviewer, Chris, packed up his things and left. “Ally? Are you okay?” Joe asked slowly waving his hand in front of my face. “What?” “Al, you didn’t say anything that whole interview….What’s wrong?” Kevin asked. “I’m, I’m fine.” I said quickly shaking my head. “Is today July eleventh??” I asked putting my hand to my head. “Um yea that’s what that guy said” Joe said, “No, are you sure??” I asked franticly. “Yea, look it says it on my phone. What’s wrong Ally?” He asked getting concerned. I put my hands to my head and closed my eyes. Ugh I can’t believe I freaking forgot. I’m horrible.

“ALLY TELL US WHAT’S WRONG!” Joe yelled, he was freaking out. “I forgot.” I whispered barely audible. “Forgot what?” I didn’t say anything. Just sat there. “Ally, please we want to help” Kevin said. “I forgot” I said again. That seemed to be the only thing I could make come out of my mouth. “What did she forget?!” Joe asked looking around for a response from anyone. I lifted my head up and met Nick’s eyes. I watched as realization hit him then I broke away. “She forgot Mr. Windel’s birthday” He said quietly. “Oh Ally, it’s okay” Kevin said walking over to me. “Yeah, you didn’t forget, I mean it’s not like the whole day is over” Joe said. “No Joe-“ Nick started but I freaked. “IT WAS YESTERDAY JOE. THE TENTH. JULY TENTH! MY OWN FATHER!” I threw my head back down and my hands were over my face. “Ally it’s okay.” “Stop saying that!” I said in frustration standing up. “Sorry” Both Joe and Kevin said. I let out a grown. “Ally we have to go” Kevin said after awhile. “Alright let’s go” I said standing up. We made it outside just in time to have the first few rain drops land on us. I feel horrible. The worse daughter ever. I couldn’t even remember my own dead father’s birthday. I let out an aggravated yell and clenched my fist before opening the car door. Mr. Jonas gave me a strange look but I ignored it and stared out the window. I watched as the rain fell hard against the high way we drove over. The water hitting the window and running quickly across it. God I can’t believe I forgot. That’s so not like me. I’m slipping further and further away from who I used to be. And you know what’s bad? My only life line has been cut short. Nick doesn’t want to hear it anymore. What am I going to do? What have I done? I started to tear up and let a tear run down my face. I wiped it away quickly thinking no one saw, I was wrong though.

We pulled up to the mini condos we were staying in. Mr. Jonas cut the engine. “Okay well, how about we meet up back here at around say, seven-ish for dinner?”. He asked looking at everyone. I did not feel like going out at all. I wanted to curl up and watch the rain fall. “Dad is it okay if us kids stay in? Like order pizza?” Nick asked, “Yea!” Nicole shouted excitedly. “Well that works.” Mrs. Jonas said quickly. Mr. Jonas looked over at her, “Well they could stay here with Frankie and we could go out for a nice dinner. We haven’t in a while.” She said with a shrug. “You guys deserve it” I said speaking for the first time the whole ride home. Mr. Jonas smiled at me. “Well if you all insist” He said. “Then it’s settled. All of you are on babysitting duty” Mrs. Jonas said. “Alright have a fun time!” Joe said before opening the door and running towards the condo. “Alright let’s go” Mr. Jonas said opening his own door and making a dash towards their own condo with Mrs. Jonas and Frankie chasing after him. “UGH. I hate the rain!” Nicole shouted before taking off her self. Then Kevin got out and started running, pushing Nicole ahead of him to make her run faster. “Ready?” Nick asked looking back at me. “Uh. I’m just gonna walk. You can run ahead.” I said shifting my way over the seats towards the door. “You sure? I mean you don’t wanna get sick because of the show and all…” “I’ll be fine Nick.” I said getting out and looking up at the gray sky. I heard him sigh behind me.

I started to slowly walk to the condo lost in my thoughts about how bad I felt about forgetting my dad. “Ally walk faster come on” Nick said behind me. “No” I said. “God your stubborn!” He said walking beside me. “Nick run if you want.” “No” “Why?” “Because if your gonna get sick then so am I.” I just laughed took two more steps before Nick picked me up bridal style and started to run towards the condo. “You’re so annoying!” I shouted over the rain. “I’m not gonna let you catch a cold when you have to sing soon!” “You don’t have to save me from the rain Nick. I can handle it.” I said while walking in the house. “ Fine then whatever go sit out on the beach in the rain if you want.” “Good idea!” I said walking towards the back glass doors. “Ally don’t you dare!” He yelled. Of course that just made me run faster towards the door and make it outside down to the beach before he could grab me. I took a deep breath once I realized no one was following me. I looked to my right, nothing. I looked to my left, nothing again. I turned around again and saw two people looking out the window at me. I turned back around and sat down on the wet sand and starred out at the rain falling over the ocean. “Happy belated birthday dad” I said quietly bringing my legs to my chest and resting my head on my knees.