Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

No more tears cause now I believin me.

Nick walked in and sat down at the nice white desk below the window. I walked over and sat down on the bed. “So what direction were you going with these?” he asked rubbing his neck while looking over the paper.“Um Tears In Heaven definitely slow. Then Believe In Me probably a little slow but not nearly as slow as the other.” “Okay” He said dragging out his word. “Any idea at all about the rhythm or chords?” “Actually, can I?” I asked holding out my hand. “Oh yeah here” He said handing over his guitar. “I was thinking something like this..” I said starting to strum the chords that I had been playing over and over again in my head. I played for a while. When I finished I looked up. “So?” I asked. “So I think you don’t need my help” He said laughing a bit. “Well I just have that one. I need help with Believe In Me” “Alright then let’s get started so Joe can hear these songs.” I smiled as I watched Nick start to strum the guitar. A little while later we were finished. “Okay. Wanna try it out?” He asked looking at me. “All together?” I asked holding the paper with the hand written lyrics. “Yea.” He said plucking a chord. “Okay” I said and he started to play.

I’m losing myself
Trying to compete
With everyone else
Instead of just being me
I don’t know where to turn
I’ve been stuck in this routine
I need to change my ways
Instead of always being weak

I don’t wanna be afraid
I wanna wake up feeling beautiful
Today
And know that I’m okay
Cause everyone’s perfect in an unusual
Way, you see
I just wanna believe in me

The mirror can lie
Doesn’t show you what’s inside
And it, it can tell you you’re full of life (full of life)
It’s amazing what you can hide
Just by putting on a smile

I don’t wanna be afraid
I wanna wake up feeling beautiful
Today
And know that I’m okay
Cause everyone’s perfect in an unusual
Way, you see
I just wanna believe in me

I’m quickly findong out
I’m not about to break down…
Not today
I guess I always knew
That I had all the strength
To make it through
Not gonna be afraid

I gonna wake up feeling beautiful
Today
And know that I’m okay
Cause everyone’s perfect in anunusual
Way, you see
Now, now I believe in me

Now I believe in me.


“Ally?” Nick asked and I looked up from the paper. “What?” I asked. He was looking at me weird. “Is that true?” “The song?” “Yea.” I nodded my head. “Joe kind of forced some sense into me out there today.” Nick laughed and I looked at him confused. “I try so hard to talk sense into you all the time and you do the complete opposite of what I say, Joe? Joe says something to you once and your like “Oh wow he’s right.” But whatever I’m just glad you’re finally getting it.” He said standing up. “Well Joe’s just Joe. When he has something intense to say to you, you kind of can’t help but wanna listen and believe him since he isn’t really ever serious” I said standing up and straightening out my sweatshirt. “True, come on let’s go show them.” “Kay.” I said yawning.

We got down stairs and everyone was waiting. “Ready!?” Joe asked us as we walked over to them. “Yeah Joe we're ready” I said sitting down on the arm of the chair Nick sat in with his guitar. I coughed once to clear my throat and started to sing Believe In Me. “Aw Ally that was so good!!” Nicole squealed from her seat next to Joe. “Thanks, Joe inspired me to write it” I said laughing as he smiled huge with pride. “Joe an insparation for a master piece?! Now that’s something you don’t come across everyday!” Kevin said causing us all to laugh as Joe punched his arm in defense. “Okay Al, here” Nick said handing over his guitar to me. “There’s another one?” Kevin asked surprised. “Yea, Tears In Heaven, for my dad” I said as I gave Nick the paper with the lyrics, “Can you hold them up for me?” “Sure.” He said holding them up for me to see. “Okay here we go, this is Tears In Heaven.” I said closing my eyes and taking a breath before opening them and strumming.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I
'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please


I played the guitar for a minute trying to keep myself from crying. I avoided eye contact with everyone, this is me opening up. This would have been hard for me to do in front of just Nick and now here I am singing this in front of everyone else.

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven


I sang the last line with a tear falling down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly and looked up. Nicole was crying with Lindsey. Kevin Joe and Nick all looked like they didn’t want to talk because they might get to upset. “Well?” I asked shakily. “Ally that was amazing” Kevin said. “Like I think I’m going to cry” Joe said in seriousness. I laughed a little. “I am crying!” Nicole said laughing at herself with Lindsey. I looked at Nick, “Nick?” I asked. “Um yea Al, it was really good.” He said quietly standing up. “I uh have to go to the bathroom” He said awkwardly and left. “Did I do something?” I asked quickly confused. “No. I think he was just upset.” Kevin said watching Nick close the bathroom door. “Maybe I should go talk to him” I said standing up. “Al, let him go. He’ll be fine.” Joe said grabbing my wrist from his seat. “Yea, and plus he wouldn’t want you to see him crying.” I looked back at the door he was behind. “Yea you’re right” I said sitting back down. Everyone sat there in silence. “Um guys please talk. Get rid of the sadness, please?” I asked. “Okay, well are you guys hungry?” Kevin asked. “Yes!” Was shouted and I laughed. “Alright I’ll go order some pizza.” He said standing up with Lindsey. They both disappeared behind the kitchen door.

Joe and Nicole were bickering about something like usual. I sat there thinking, why did Nick just get so upset? I mean he’s the strong one out of us two. My head twisted when I saw him coming into the room. He looked at me and then sat down beside me. “You okay?” I asked quietly. “Yea sorry.” “It’s fine. We all were upset” I said. “Ally I had to pee.” He said looking at me. “Oh, ha never mind then” I said standing up and walking towards my bedroom. “Al wait” He said quickly getting up and walking over after me. I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. It was getting dark out, so the room was half lit by the darkening sky. “Ally?” He asked walking in and closing the door behind him. “Yea?” I asked twisting around. “Um I’m just saying, never mind.” He said shaking his head and turning around. “No Nick what?” I asked sitting up fully. “Nothing, it was nothing.” The front door opened and we could hear Frankie running in the small condo. He turned around and walked out of the room with out another word. Now that’s going to bother me the whole night. Thank you Nick Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
every time i hear Tears In Heaven i get so upset. Eric Clapton wrote that for his four year old son who fell out of their apartment window to his death. How horrible is that??? It truely amazes me how strong some people can be when things like that happen to them. It really does.