Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Ice cream and big brothers.

I was in the living room watching TV. “Hey” Joe said turning off the TV and standing in front of it. “What?” I asked. “Let’s do something.” “Joe I can’t go out there.” I said turning the TV back on as Miley and Nick came walking in the front door laughing about something. “Ally if you don’t show your face soon, more rumors are going to start.” He said turning off the TV again. “I don’t know Joe.” “Ally come on it’s been three days…. you leave tomorrow. Let’s all go for ice cream!” Miley said. I sighed, “Alright let’s go.” I said standing up. “Al, let’s go change,” Nicole said. “Nicole I’ll change, calm down.” I said rolling my eyes. I was wearing sweats for the past three days. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before changing into a pair of denim shorts and a long sleeved gray shirt from Penn State. I put on some make up quickly then grabbed my glasses and slid on some flip-flops and met everyone at the door. “Aw you clean up nice!” Joe joked while throwing an arm around me. I laughed at him as we opened the door. Cameras were on our faces and things were being shouted at us. “ALLY IS IT TRUE YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF BECAUSE OF NILEY!?” I stopped for a second, is this guy stupid!? I’m with both of them! I linked arms with Miley and she smiled at me. “ALLY IS IT BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE PARENTS!?!?!” I wanted to stop so badly but Joe pushed me forward and Miley dragged me forward. “I THINK YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL ALLY!!” “THANK YOU!” I shouted over my shoulder to the only nice paparazzi guy out there as I got into the car. “God. People can be so rude!” I shouted once we drove off. “We know Al.” Miley said typing on her phone. “What are you doing?” Nick asked looking over her shoulder. “Changing my twitter to People can be so rude…said by a true warrior.” “Thanks Miley” I said as my own phone vibrated. I looked at the text from Mitchel, DO NOT PUT ON YOUR TV. Okay that’s weird. Why? I asked back. More bad rumors. He said and I sighed. “What’s wrong?” Nicole asked. “Mitchel said there’s more bad rumors about me.” “God he shouldn’t keep telling you” Nick said from behind me. I twisted around, “No I like being told when people are making things up about me.” I twisted back around and looked down at my hand very faded were the words, Pull Through, Be Strong. I sighed and typed back, Whatever, I don’t care anymore.

We pulled up to the ice cream place that actually seemed to be abandoned. We got out of the car and I looked down at my phone that was vibrating with another message, Good, I’m glad because this is getting ridiculous. I smiled, Thanks for understanding :] I took off my sunglasses to look at the menu, “Wow, oh my Jonas. It’s, it’s wow. OMJ.” We all smiled at the girl who was clearly a fan. “I mean uh, what can I get you?!” She asked snapping out of it. Everyone ordered their own thing and the girl walked away before I could tell her my order. Another girl came up, “Hi, can I get you anything?” She asked. “Um yea, can I have vanilla soft served with rainbow sprinkles please?” “Are you sure?” She asked. “Um yea, pretty positive.” Joe was standing next to me waiting for his ice cream to come out the other window, “Maybe I could get you the low fat soft served, it’s much harder to keep down…so that would just make it easier for you right?” I dropped my mouth and looked over to Joe who had heard. He stared at me wide eyed with a spoon of chocolate ice cream in his mouth. “Look just get her the ice cream she asked for please?” He asked leaning down. “Oh uh anything for you” She said smiling and going back to make up my ice cream. He just stared at me not knowing what to say. “I’m fine Joe.” I said to him. “Ally, she’s just jealous, I mean come on” “No I don’t want it anymore.” I said walking away and putting the glasses back on my face.

“Ally, here” He said giving me the ice cream I took it from and he smiled. I got into the car and sat with everyone else who had their ice cream basically eaten. Joe slid into drivers seat and turned around and looked at me. I licked the dripping ice cream that was running down the cone and he smiled. As soon as he turned around I chucked it out the open window wishing it could have splattered all over that girl's face instead of the road.

“Oh come on try it on for us!” Joe shouted to Nick. Somehow we had ended up in the nearby mall and were trying to get Nick to try on a hello kitty shirt. Ten minutes later, and for twenty dollars from Joe Nick put on the very tight pink Hello Kitty shirt. Miley got a picture of him in it and put it up on Twitter. We were all laughing and the ice cream place incident had been forgotten….until we passed a news stand. I stopped and looked at the tabloids, all of them had something about my eating disorder. I picked up the one by US weekly and looked at the pictures, one from last summer when I had first surfaced with the boys…from New York. Then one from just two weeks ago when we were leaving a hotel. I was a lot thinner. I read the different titles claiming I was “ The New Mary Kate Olsen”, “A Diva Looking For Attention”, and “Pulling a Brittany”. Nick grabbed my arm to pull me forward but I kept still. “Ally come on pull through, be strong.” He whispered lowly and I turned my head to face him… “So it was you” I said to him. “Come on Al.” He said and I walked forward towards him. “Thanks” I said and kept walking.

Three hours later we made it home. “What time is it?” “Eight.” Nicole answered with a sigh. “I cannot believe you guys are leaving tomorrow” Miley said collapsing on the ground. “I know. It sucks” Nick said playing with her hair. I looked away and walked past them to the kitchen. My phone started ringing, Your stuck in a world of make believe and I can see it I smiled and picked it up “Hey Mitchel” “What are you up to?” “Nothing, wanna come over? Mileys here” I said looking out at her and Nick fake punching each other. “Ha, I have no choice then do I?” He asked and I smiled, “Nope.” “Alright I’ll be over soon.” “Kay, see you soon” “Bye Al.” He said then I hung up. “Mitchel coming over?” Nicole asked taking a bite out of an apple from the fruit basket on the table. “Yep” I said opening the fridge and grabbing some apple juice out. “Have you two kissed yet?” She asked. “Yep” I said and she gasped. “AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!” She shouted and I laughed. “Sorry Nicole” I said smiling at her. “Why are you yelling!?” Joe shouted from the balcony of the steps. “HER AND MITCHEL KISSED!!!” Nicole shouted to him. “YOU DID!?” Joe shouted then ran down the steps. “Thanks Nicole.” I said sarcastically. “No problem-o” “When!?” Miley and Joe shouted as they ran in. “Um, I don’t know the night before the hospital.” I said awkwardly since I could feel a pair of eyes on me that I wish weren’t in the room. “AW!!” Miley shouted. “That’s so cute!!!” She shouted. I laughed awkwardly. “Thanks,” I said. “So do you like him!?” She asked pulling out a chair and sitting down. “Um I guess yea.” I said shrugining and sipping some apple juice. “Oh I have to talk to him with Kevin” Joe said sitting down eating a banana. “Joe stop it!” I shouted. “I have to! Big brother policy!” “I want to talk to him to” Nick said talking for the first time. “Why?” I asked. “Because” He said shrugging and then walking out. “This cannot be good” Miley said quietly. “Ya think?” Nicole shouted. We all glared at her. “Sorry it slipped.” She said to Miley, “It’s okay” Miley said laughing.

Ten minutes later there was a knock and then the door opened and Mitchel walked in. “Hey everyone!” Mitchel shouted. “Mitchel!” Everyone shouted including myself. “Dude we gotta talk!” Joe shouted jumping off the couch. “Joe please!” I whined. “Ally, it’s necessary.” He said. “BUT KEVIN ISN’T HERE!” I said quickly. “Dang, you’re right. He said walking away from Mitchel who looked highly confused. “Should I be worried?” He asked sitting next to me. “Big brother mode….sorry” I said and he laughed. “No but Mitchel come upstairs for a second, I wanna show you something” Nick said. Well that isn’t obvious. “Oh alright” Mitchel stood up and followed Nick up the steps. “God please.” I said out loud putting my hand to my head. “It’ll be okay” Miley said laughing slightly and patting my knee.