Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Am I performing?

“Thanks, keep the change” Joe said to the taxi cab driver laughing as we all got out. “Why do you three smell like alcohol?” I asked walking into the hotel. “Maybe we had some” Nicole said. “You didn’t” Nick said to his brothers. “Uh, I’m legal. Don’t freak at me.” Kevin said all smiles walking threw the lobby to the elevators. “Chill, not like we haven’t had anything before fro-bro.” Joe said throwing his arm around Nick. Nick made a disgusted face and took Joe’s arm off of him. “You smell horrible.” Nick said to him and Joe laughed. Nick isn’t exactly for drinking ever since the little incident with me at the hotel last summer. “Are you sure you only had the one drink?” Nicole asked her staggering boyfriend. I rolled my eyes. “No, Maybe, ha. yeaaa” He said laughing. “Nicole if you believe he only had one. You’re retarded.” I said as we reached the elevator. “Kev weren’t you watching him!?” Nick said harshly. “Nope. Joe’s a big boy. He can handle himself.” Kevin said getting in the elevator. “I wanna run!” Joe said to us. “No Joe come on in the elevator.” I said shoving him in from behind. Joe started to sing along with the classy elevator lyrics and I tried not to laugh. We made it to our floor and there was a ping and the doors opened. Joe stumbled out and ran into the wall, “Oh hey there, ha didn’t see ya there partner!” Joe said talking to the wall. I let out a small laugh and he turned to me, “Ahhhh Ally! You always laugh at my jokes!” He said trying to walk along side me. “Joe, you are drunk” I said patting him on the shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me. “Psh, I knew that already!” He said flicking his hand like a gay man. We reached our doors and Kevin walked into our room. “Here ya go, have fun with him!” I said walking into the room behind Kevin and shut our door. I walked in and kicked off my shoes, “How much did he have Kev?” I asked as he was taking off his shirt. “Let’s just say he had a few more then one.” He said then laughed. “You are such a good brother.” I said laughing. “Why is there glitter all over me?” I asked. “There was some on me to, I guess it was just from the casino.” Kevin said walking to the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and started to take off my dress.

Then there was a knock on our door. I sighed and grabbed Kevin’s sweatshirt real quick and threw it on, it was long enough to cover me fully so I didn’t bother with pants. I was to short to use the peephole so I opened the door slightly and looked out. “PEEKABOO!” Joe shouted and I opened the door fully while shaking my head. “Nick lost our hotel key.” Nicole said angrily barging in with Joe wrapped around her. “I did not loose it!” Nick said walking in he starred at me then looked down and smirked. “Where are your pants?” He asked. I closed the door and glared at him. “I was in the middle of changing!” He glared back, “Sure you were” I rolled my eyes and kept walking further into the room. I stopped at the suitcase and searched threw until I found a pair of shorts. I pulled them on. “Happy?” I asked him. “No.” He said not even looking up. I heard snoring and looked over, “That was my bed!” I pouted. “Sorry Al. Just let him sleep please?” Nicole asked yawning. “Fine. You can borrow some clothes to sleep in.” I said to her. “Thanks” She said. We heard the water stop and Kevin came walking out freshly cleaned and ready for bed, “Why the hell is everyone in here?” “Nick lost the hotel key” I said to him. Nick gave me a dirty look for ratting him out, “Oh spare me the freakin dirty looks Nick.” I said flopping down in the other bed. “Kevin do you mind if I share?” I asked him with my face in the pillow. I hard him laugh, “It’s fine.” He said getting into the bed. “Where am I sleeping?” Nick asked. “Floor” Me Kevin and Nicole said at the same time. “You all freaking suck” He mumbled and I laughed.

“My head hurts….and why are these lights so bright” Joe mumbled from the bed. “That’d be because you had how many drinks last night Joseph?” Nicole asked while doing her make up. “I don’t know, I don’t remember” He whined holding his head. I handed him the two Aspirin and a glass of water. “Thanks” He mumbled as he swallowed the pills. “You may want to shower, you smell like alcohol.” Nick mumbled to him. “That’s what you get for wakin up in Vegas” I said as he got up from the bed and walked to the shower. “How much time do we have?” I asked no one in particular. “a half hour.” Was mumbled in response from Nick who was on his phone with Miley. “Last night was fun.” Nicole said to me. “Yea it was” I said sending a text to Mitchel. “I think it may be song worthy” Kevin said laughing. “You know what Kev” I said smiling at him from the chair I was sitting in. “What Ally?” He asked. “You are so right!” I said grinning, I already had a line forming in my head. The one I was told last night that kept me betting the money I knew I’d loose. Shut up and put your money where your mouth is. Oh I have a song all right. I grabbed some paper and started to write about our night in Vegas. “That’s kind of funny” Nicole said reading over my shoulder. “Thanks, three guesses who said that to me” I said smiling up at her. “Oh please, the paparazzi wouldn’t even need three.” She said rolling her eyes and walking away. “What are you talking about?” Nick asked from the bed he was laying in. “She wrote a song about last night” Nicole said sitting next to him on the bed. “Read it,” He said to me. “Uh please maybe?” I said. “Please.” Nick said rolling his eyes.

“You gotta help me out
It`s all a blur last night
We need a taxi `cause you’re hung-over and I’m broke
I lost my fakeID but you lost the hotel key
Spare me your freakin` dirty looks
Now don’t blame me
You want to cash out then get the hell out of town

CHORUS:
Don`t be a baby
Remember what you told me
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas
Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes, now
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas

Why are these lights so bright
did we get hitched last night, dressed up like Elvis, And why, why am I wearing your class ring?
Don`t call your mother
`Cause now we’re partners in crime

CHORUS.

You got me into this
Information overload, situation lost control
Send out an S.O.S.
And get some cash out
We’re gonna tear up the town.”

“I like it” Kevin said nodding, “Of course if anyone asked you just wrote it because we were in Vegas…not because we actually did half of it.” He said to me while putting a belt on. “Duh.” I said folding up the paper and putting it in my jean pocket. “I think it’s funny” Nicole said again. “Thanks glad you like it” I said just as Joe opened up the door. “I feel a lot better now.” He said rubbing the towel through his wet head. “Throw up?” Nick asked him. “Yep.” “EW!” me and Nicole said at the same time. “What he asked!” Joe said shrugging. “So, it’s still gross!” We said. I caught Nick starring at me like he wanted to say something, “Nicholas you make one comment to me about throwing up I swear to god I will never ever speak to you again.” I said starring at him. “I was going to keep it to myself” He mumbled. Kevin threw a pillow at him as the phone rang. “Hello?” Nicole asked picking up the phone, “Oh sure thing Mrs. Jonas! See you in five!” She said then hung up, “We're leaving now.” She said grabing her own purse. “Let’s go” Kevin said to Joe who was lagging around.

We finally were back on the bus, which meant I had another therapy session. Kill me. “Hi Allison, how was Vegas?” She asked. “Hi, it was really fun.” I said handing my phone over to her. She always took it during the session so I wouldn’t have any distractions…yet she would let anyone come into the room if they asked nicely. “Alright, today let’s talk about family.” My favorite subject! “So let’s start with your father.” “Okay, what about him?” I asked looking out the window. We were on the highway going at least seventy. “Well were you two close?” “You mean before he died? Yea. Extreamly close.” I said “Okay, how did he pass?” “Hit by a drunk driver when I was ten on December twenty third.” I said bluntly. She wrote something down, “Okay, and how do you feel about that?” I sighed. “My father was killed. Taken away from me with out a notice. I never even got to say good bye…how would you feel?” I asked, I wasn’t rude about it just being forward. “So you were upset?” She asked. “Mhm.” I said looking at my nail. “Now your mother?” “She died of cancer when I was fifteen and on tour with the boys.” “Right, Mrs. Joans had told me about that…” She said pushing her glasses up. “Any other family?” She asked me. “My aunt, lives in Michigan…that’s who I stayed with for all of last year.” I said. “Okay. So what about friends?” She asked. This is going to be a long session….

I walked back to join everyone. They were all watching Bring It On: All Or Nothing. “How’d it go?” Nicole asked as I sat down. “Fine, why are you watching this?” I asked. “It’s on MTV.” Joe said shruging. “And nothing else is on.” Kevin finished.

A few days later and I was loosing my mind. I mean after having to watch the boys perform four times with out me doing the opening, I have to admit that it sucked. I don’t know why I had never really wanted to do it before. Also this whole therapy thing…I thought it was supposed to make you more sane, not insane. “Alright let’s go girls!” Mrs. Jonas said to us. Today while the guys were out doing an interview and then a meet and greet we were going to get our nails done for the award show tomorrow. We arived at the place and were sitting there with our feet soaking while some women worked on our nails, getting tips done takes forever. “So um Mrs. Jonas?” I asked. She turned her head towards me, “Yes dear?” “Um I was just wondering…I mean I saw the paper from MTV and I read that they wanted both the boys and me to perform” I said awkwardly. “Mhm” She said starring at me trying to figure out what I was getting to. “Am I?” I asked. She smiled at me. My heart jumped and I sat up straight, “So I am?!” I asked excitedly. “It was a surprise, but yes you are. Nicholas talked us into it.” She said and I looked at my nails. “He said he would” I said. “He’s a good friend” Mrs. Jonas said. “Raised him well” I said and she laughed. “I tried to.” She said smiling. “Oh a little bit longer…” I said to the woman doing my nails. “That’s good” I said smiling at the length then her. An hour later and my phone began to go off, You’re stuck in a world of make believe and I can se- “Hey Mitchel.” I said a smile coming across my face. “Hey Al, so I am getting on the jet now with Miley. She wants to know if….wait what?? Okay she wants to know if she’s still staying with you and Nicole tonight?” I laughed at his confusion. “Are you laughing at me?!” I said fake shocked to me and I giggled again, “No. But tell her yes, what time will you guys get here?” “Not sure, it won’t be long though.” He said, “Okay so dinner? All of us?” I asked as the manicurist began painting my left hand. “Sounds great, one of us will call when we land but I have to hang up, were about to take off.” I could hear the noise of the door being sealed in the background. “Okay, can’t wait to see you!” I said. “Me either, bye ally” He said sweetly. “Bye Mitchel” I said and cicked end and dropped the phone back onto my lap. “Take it that was Mitchel?” Mrs. Jonas asked. “Mhm, they’re leaving now so were all going out to dinner tonight when they get here…if that’s okay?” I asked looking over at her. “Of course.” She said smiling at me.