Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Helping the drunk to bed.

“Ally PLEASE stop crying.” Kevin asked for the hundredth time. “I’m not crying” I said between deep breaths and wiping away the tears.He just looked at me and I looked away. I was sitting on the ground right in front of the door and he was trying to get me to get into my bed but I didn’t want to move. “Ally aren’t you tired?” He asked. “No.” I said taking a shaky breath. “Are you gonna be sick?” He asked me. “No. I’m fine” I said again. “Then Ally what do you want me to do!? You have to get into bed. You can’t sleep in your dress and shoes on the ground by the door.” Kevin said getting frustrated with me. “Kevin are you angry at me?” I asked looking up at him. “No but I will be if you don’t get into your pajamas and in that bed in thirty seconds!” He shouted. I covered my ears like a two year old. “Ally what do you want?” He asked trying not to shout again. “I need help.” I said meekly. “With what?” He asked. “Changing.” I said to him. He laughed. “Well I can’t get Nicole. She’s already in bed asleep because she has Joe who could change her.” Kevin said talking to himself more then to me. “What about me?” I asked. “Jesus. I can’t do this.” He said bending over and picking me up a bit. He moved me out of the way and opened the door and walked out. The door stayed open but I laid down on the ground and stared at the door stopper. It all of the sudden was the most intriguing thing I’ve ever seen.

“I’m serious! Just get over there and fucking help her!” I heard Kevin shout. I flicked the doorstopper and watched as it sprung back and forth. “Jesus.” I heard someone say angrily. Then I heard footsteps coming and soon the door closed and I saw a familiar pair of bare feet in front of my face. I rolled over to my back and looked up, “Hi” I said. “Sit up Ally” Nick said to me rubbing his hands over his face. I sat up and starred at his knees. “Can you stand?” He asked me. I tried to stand up but fell right back over and laughed a bit while he groaned. “Where’s your pajamas?” He asked me. “I don’t know” I said laying back down on the ground. “Ally where are they?” He asked looking at me in the eyes. I blinked. “Where’s what?” I asked widening my eyes, he looked really, REALLY cute right now. He always does when he’s aggravated. “Your pajamas.” He said again. “Uh drawer maybe? Or, or, or,” I stuttered. He ignored me and walked by me to the dresser. He pulled out a few different drawers and then came back into view. “Here” He said throwing a huge t-shirt at me. “Is this mine?” I asked staring at the dark gray shirt. “No it’s my old shirt. Come on change into it” He said getting annoyed. I just picked up the shirt and looked at it. “Raiders” I read off it and laughed. “What a funny name.” I said. “Jesus.” Nick said bending over and picking me up bridal style. He dropped me on my bed and I bounced. I laughed. “So now what” I said starring at him. “Put on the shirt.” He said to me. “But I like this dress.” I said rubbing my hand over the disheveled dress that now smelt heavily of alcohol. He ran his hand threw his hair and I smiled. “Did you like it?” I asked “What?” He asked me. “My dress! Did you like my dress?!” I asked a little loud. “Yea, sure. Your dress was nice now please put on the shirt so I can go to bed.” He said “Are you mad at me?” I asked quietly playing with the dress. “Yes.” He said and I looked at him. “Really?” I asked sadly. “Yes. Very angry. Now change.” He said to me. I felt my tears coming but I didn’t want to cry. “I’m sorry.” I said letting a few tears fall. He sighed and put his hands to his head and walked away from me. I sat there on the edge of the bed starting to cry.

He came back with a wet washcloth. “Sit up.” He told me and I did with tears streaming down my face. He knelt in front of me and took the warm washcloth and wiped off my make up for me and my tears. “Close your eyes.” He told me. “Wait.” I said and he stopped and leaned back. “Do you like this color?” I asked him. “The gold?” He asked. I nodded my head yes. “Sure.” He said. “It matched the gold ribbon on the other dress….did you like that dress?” I asked him. “Sure.” He said and I nodded, “You hated them both. You think I looked awful tonight” I said looking down at my hands. He sighed and I heard him move. He lifted my head up and looked at me. “Ally. You did not look awful tonight. You looked very nice. Beautiful. The gold eye shadow looked fabulous. And I loved the color of the aqua dress. Your black dress made you look so old and pretty. I saw guys checking you out everywhere.” He said and I smiled and let a small laugh out. “Now close your eyes.” He said and I did. He took off my gold eye shadow and told me I could open my eyes. I did and he walked away and left me there sitting on the bed.

“Nicholas?” I called out to him. “What?” He said coming back from the bathroom and into the room and picking up the gray shirt. “Do you hate me?” I asked. “No.” He said back. “Why not?” I asked him. “Because I could never hate you now can you please put this on?” He said sighing. “Nick I’m a bitch. I shouldn’t have sung that song tonight.” I rambled on ignoring his request for me to change. “It’s okay. Now put on the shirt” He said to me. “Can we be friends again?” I asked him bluntly standing up.Well tried to anyway,I stumbled a little and landed on the carpet. He let out another aggravated sigh. “Ally we are friends” He said starring down at me. I tried to sit back up but fell back over. “Nick. I’m drunk.” I said. “I know.” He said to me. “Are you mad?” I asked. “No. Ally please change!” “To what?” I asked. “Into this shirt!” He said throwing it down next to me. “What if I could change into a bird…..and fly away” I said spreading my arms out on the ground pretending I was flying. “Ally” He said sternly. “Would you be a bird to?” I asked smiling at him. He knew what I wanted him to say to me. He sighed. “No.” He said shaking his head. “Say it Nick!” I said smiling at him and laughing. He shook his head no. “Oh come on please!?” I said smiling at him. “Fine. If you’re a bird, then I’m a bird” He said to me and I smiled. “Now come on get out of that dress.” He said to me helping me up.

I got on the bed and knelt on it and pulled up the bottom of the dress over my head, or at least tried. I struggled a bit and Nick had to pull it all the way off for me. I shivered as the cold air hit my bare stomach. I giggled. “I have goose bumps.” I said. “Yep.” Nick said grabbing the shirt from the ground. I was kneeling there on the bed in a pair of lacey black boy shorts and matching lace bra, how awkward would this be if Kevin came walking back in. I laughed at the thought. “Now what?” He asked standing up and fixing the shirt to be going the right way. “Nothing” I said quickly. “Put your hands up.” He said to me and I did. He put the shirt over my hands and then pulled it down over my head and let it fall down the rest of the way. I sat down cross-legged. “Do I look better?” I asked holding up the shirt to show my stomach. “Ally I don’t wanna see your boobs.” Nick said lowering the shirt. “No I meant my stomach pervert. I haven’t been sick in a long time.” I said stressing the word long. He smiled as I raised my shirt again. “Yea, you do.” He said and I smiled happy with myself. “See I tried.” I said to him. “Yes. You did. Now come on get under the covers.” He said to me. “But I’m not tired.” I said. “Ally it’s four AM. You’re tired.” He said pushing me back to the pillow. “Are you?” I asked. “Exhausted.” He stated pulling the cover out from under me. “Sorry.” I said. “For what are you sorry for now?” He asked. “You have to put me to bed.” I said as he pulled the blanket over me. “It’s fine.” He said turning off the light. “Nick?” I asked as he stood up straight. “Ally?” He asked in the same tone. “Do you really love her?” I asked quietly. “Ally I’m only seventeen. I’m not sure I know what love is.” He answered then started to walk away. “Did you use to love me?” I asked him. He sighed and turned around. He didn’t look at me and then he did, “No.” He said. Wow. I didn’t want to hear that. “Ally I didn’t used to love you.” He started once he saw I was upset. “Because I still do.” He said. I smiled. He walked back over and knelt down. “I love you to” I whispered. He smiled and then kissed my forehead. “I always will.” He said. I smiled and reached my face up to meet his and kissed him. He didn’t respond at first but then he kissed back. Those sparks were set off again and he sat down on the side of the bed as I sat up never once breaking the kiss.