Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

You're starting to fool yourself

I pulled off his white t-shirt and he flipped me over so I was on top of him. I started kissing down his chest to his belly button and back up. “Ally stop.” He said and I looked up at him. “We can’t do this.” He said running his hands threw his hair. “Sure we can.” I said confused. “Ally. No. What about Mitchel?” He asked. Shit. I forgot about him. I sat back. I was sitting on top of his waist now. “I forgot to” He said. “Oh my god.” I said smacking my forehead. “Nick we can’t say anything to them.” I said starring down at him. “Fine.” He said sighing. I starred at him. “So how about we don’t say anything but…..” He pulled me back down and kissed me and I smiled. “My lips are sealed.” He said smiling. We made out for a long time in the bed until finally falling asleep.

“They didn’t!” Was said in a low whisper. “I don’t know, I mean we know they wouldn’t but….she was pretty drunk last night….” Someone else said. “No way. They wouldn’t. Especially Nick.” I ignored them hopping they’d go away. “Well wake um up before we your mom walks in here!” That was Nicole. “I don’t wanna wake um up!” Yep definitely Joe. “Shut up” Nick grumbled. “Oh good you’re up. Care to explain why all of yours and Ally’s clothes are thrown around the room Nick!?” Was shouted in a harsh whisper. “Shit.” Was all he said. I rolled over and opened my eyes and saw the three of them standing there starring. I sat up wrapping the comforter around me. I pursed my lips and looked around. “What the hell happened?” Kevin asked starring at us. “Nothing” Nick said. “Nothing happened!” He said. “Then why aren’t you two wearing clothes!?” Joe practically shouted. “I have underwear on!” I said in defense. He just starred at me. I do have on underwear right? I looked under the blanket and then back up. “Do you?” Joe asked his brother. “YES!” Nick shouted throwing the comforter aside to show his boxers. “I’m leaving. I don’t know what the hell you two did last night or why. But god help you Nicholas if she’s pregnant.” Kevin said walking out. I dropped my jaw. “NOTHING HAPPENED!” Nick shouted as all three left the room. Joe laughed as he shut the door.

“Nick.” I said. “God there so annoying!” He said frustrated. “NICK” I said more urgent. “What?” He asked. “I’m not wearing underwear.” I said quietly looking at him. “We didn’t do anything Al. I would never do that.” He said starring at me. “I know. I just didn’t know if I didn’t remember or something.” I said rubbing my hand threw my messy hair. “We did something bad last night.” I said. He didn’t answer. “Nick we can’t say anything to Mitchel or Miley” I said. “I know. We agreed last night.” he reminded me. “Right. We did.” “But now they know.” He said meaning the three stooges across the hall. “They won’t say anything.” I said sure of it. “I know but Kevin is so mad at me.” He said. “It’s fine.” “No he thinks I took advantage of you last night, I know he does.” Nick said digging his face in his hands. “Hey, no. You didn’t. I knew what I was doing the whole time.” I said rubbing my hand on his arm. “Right.” He said nodding. “I’ll be back, I’m gonna shower real quick” I said getting up with the blanket still around me. I grabbed clothes and made my way to the bathroom. I showered and then brushed my teeth and changed into a pair of denim shorts and a beater from Penn State. I put on my make up and walked out. Nick wasn’t in here anymore but Kevin was. I walked over to the blow dryer and started it up and blow-dried my hair as Kevin watched from his bed. He’s going to freak on me. I know he is.

I was curling my hair with the curling iron when Kevin finally spoke up. “I don’t know what you two did last night. But it was wrong. Very wrong. You BOTH have a boyfriend and girlfriend.” Kevin said with an angry face. I looked down at the dresser and then back to his refection, “Well technically Mitchel isn’t my boyfriend…” I said and he glared at me. “Ally. You know what I mean.” He said. “Look, we know Kevin. I was drunk. People do things when they’re drunk all the time. It was just a mistake. Time to move on.” I said curling another piece. “Ally remember when you found out about Nick and Selena?! How do you think Miley and Mitchel are going to feel?” I turned around. “That’s low Kevin. Real low. And they won’t ever find out and have to go threw what I did because were keeping this little incedent to ourselves. No one else can know.” I said. “Don’t you think you owe them both that much to tell them.” Kevin said. I looked down. I can’t do that. “Ally.” Kevin said. “I can’t Kev.” I said looking up. “I’m not going to do that to him.” I said twisting back around. “Big of you then, to cheat oh him and then not have the guts to say anything. Pretend nothing happened last night when you got here. Smart move.” Kevin said nodding his head. “Kevin, stop it!” I said to him threw the mirror. “What?! That’s what you’re doing.” He said. “I get it Kevin. I fucked up. People fuck up all the time and people just move on with their lives with the big fake smiles and pretend nothing’s wrong. I’ve been doing just that for the past four years of my life and I’m pretty damn good at it so I am not going to stop here.” I said to him. He didn’t respond so I curled the last piece of hair on my head. “Well if you can look at yourself in the mirror knowing you could put Mitchel threw what Nick did to you, then by all means, go for it Ally.” He said standing up and leaving the room. “I am not doing what Nick did to me.” I said to myself threw the mirror. “You’re getting so good at lying, you’re starting to fool yourself” Nicole said from the doorway. I sighed and gripped the dresser like it was my only lifeline before I drowned in the dark stormy ocean of hatred, lies, betrayal, regret, and love.