The Stars in the Night, They lend me their light

Can’t help but to think of the times I’ve had with you.

So it’s been three weeks since I came out of my coma, I get to go home today, but apparently my home is no longer my home. Mum and Dad had moved two years ago, to be closer to me here in Bankstown hospital. I couldn’t believe it when they told me; my whole life had changed since I’d been here. At least i don’t have to go back to school. That’s the best thing that’s happened so far.

“Alexis, are you ready to go home?” My mother asked from my hospital room door. I just nodded.

We got ‘home’ and they showed me to the guest room, which would be my room now since I’m awake. All my things were there. I sat on my bed and saw my photo album lying there, I opened it; the first picture I saw was one of Braydie and I laughing in the pool; me hugging him.
“I miss you” i whispered to myself.
Braydie was dancing on the kitchen table.
“You are such a froot loop Bray” i giggled
“Hey better being a froot loop then being All Bran, all boring and not fun” he laughed back.
I smiled “I love you”
“Ditto”


I was sitting with my mum now, in our lounge room.
“What happened to my car?” i asked
“We got it fixed for you, it’s in the garage, we wouldn’t have gotten rid of it if you didn’t wake up, it was your favourite thing” she said; that made me smile a bit.
“So what do I do now?” i asked “I’m too old for school now, and I never finished”
“Well your dad is going to try and get you a job at work, for you to be a personal assistant” she replied “and you will probably have to go for your licence again”
I nodded.

“You’re not really wearing that to the movies, are you?” I asked Braydie laughing; we were going to see harry potter and he was dressed up like Albus Dumbledore
“Fuck yeah I am, I look awesome” He replied with a smile. We laughed together and walked out the door.
We were standing in line to go into the theatre, when a little boy walked over and pulled on the hem of Braydie’s ‘cloak’ and Braydie looked at him.
“Um, Excuse Me, Professor Dumbledore? Can I have a hug please?” the little boy asked Braydie with the most adorable look on his face.
“What’s your name?” Braydie asked the little boy.
“Mikey” the boy replied
“OK Mikey, come here and I’ll give you a hug” Braydie said as he hugged Mikey and smiled up at me


****
So it’s been 6 weeks now since I came out of my coma, I’m working with my dad as a personal assistant to his boss Mr. Jenkins. Just running errands, all the stuff that Mr. Jenkins is too busy to do. My health is fine now; although I do have to get cat scans and x-rays and all that every four months or so, just to keep an eye on me. Anyway at the moment I’m in Gloria Jeans, getting Mr. Jenkins his usual morning latte, when the guy in front of me turned around and accidently bumped me and I dropped all Mr. Jenkins files on the ground.
“Oh shit, I’m so sorry, let me help you with that” The guy said as we both bent down to pick up my files.
“It’s okay, I’m sure you didn’t mean it” I said as I looked up at him. My eyes widened, bent down in front of me was none other than Braydie Webb. “Braydie?”
“How did you know my name?” he asked as he looked at me.
“It’s me Bray, Alexis, I woke up” I told him.
“Lexi? Oh my god, I’m so sorry I left you, I never wanted to” he started rambling; I just smiled.
“Bray, I’m not upset, well I was, but you’re here, in front of me” I said happily
“We have to hang out sometime soon okay? I’m late for work, look here’s my phone number, call me ok?” he said as he handed me a card.
“Ok, I can’t wait” I said smiling the biggest smile i have in a long time
“Me neither, I missed you a lot Lexi” he said with a smile
“I missed you too” I said as he hugged me; we said goodbye and he left.

I spent the rest of my day with the biggest smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler. Hope you liked it.
LEAVE A COMMENT