Status: Completed! :)

Something like Harmony?

Chapter Sixteen – Dooms Day, Red Faces and Chickens Crossing the Road

Waking up today was like waking up on the last day of summer camp; after meeting all your new friends, learning new activities and having fun. It was the day that the Jonas family was leaving and I for one was not a happy camper at all.

I looked over at my clock and noticed that it was almost 10o’clock in the morning and everyone must have been up already. So I grabbed random clothes to put on and walk down stairs; my new charm bracelet jingling with every step.

The very first thing I noticed when arriving in the foyer was all of the bags. The suitcases, shopping bags, instrument cases were all littered all over the front foyer just waiting for the Jonas’ to pick them up and leave. It was slightly heartbreaking; well more heartbreaking then normal. People come and stay at the inn all the time and then they leave. No big right? But this time it’s different. It’s not just the Jonas family; its Nick. Nick is leaving and I don’t even want to think about that at the moment but I have to. I might never see him in person again. Sure, there are magazines and online, tweeting and texting. But not the Nick like how I know him. I can’t just go down the hall and he is there. I can’t just say ‘Oh lets hangout’ or ‘Let’s go watch a movie’. It won’t be the same. Now, I’m probably sounding like this is the end of the world, and it isn’t. But its going to be hard.

I walked into the kitchen and everyone seemed to be in there. All just huddled together sharing all the last minutes we could spending together.

“Good morning everyone.” I said. There were a few murmurs of ‘hello’ and ‘morning’ but everyone seemed tired and lazy. I looked over to see my mom has made a mountain of bacon and was in the process of making scrambled eggs. Joe was already eating bacon when I walked by and took the piece he was about to munch on.

“Hey!” He said in a joking way as I smiled jokingly to him.

As I was eating my bacon, I looked around and noticed that Nick wasn’t there. Not thinking much of it, I continued eating breakfast. Frankie was trying out some jokes on us, trying to lighten the mood. Even he knew that today was going to suck.

“I’m going to go check on Nick.” I said as I got off of chair and walked upstairs. The first logical place to go was his room.

I was walking up the stairs and noticed that his door was slightly open. I was about to knock when I heard him say to come in. I lowered my knocking fist and lightly pushed the door open.

There he was sitting on the edge of his made bed with only his guitar case beside him. He must have brought his entire luggage down and I didn’t notice.

“Hey.” He said with a frown. I sighed

“Hey Nick.” I walked over to the bed and sat beside him, grabbing his hand as I went. He looked at our hands being intertwined.

I just sat there doing the same thing and memories just started to flood back to me and it really started to get to me; Nick not being there anymore. Over the last month, I have really grown to love having him around. His cute little smirks when he caught me looking at him. The way his hugs felt, his lips on mine. The way his hand felt when it was holding mine. It was like protective; like nothing could ever happen when we were together. And after hearing everything he said the night he gave me the bracelet, it just made my feelings grow stronger. Tears started forming in my eyes.

“Aw sweetie don’t cry.” He cooed in my ear as he wiped them away with his thumb. He stroked my cheek and pulled me in for a sweet kiss. I never wanted to pull away. It just felt right. But unfortunately, we both need to breathe.

“I really meant everything I said to you the other night Harmony.” He said with is head down.

“Ya I know you did Nick. And it has really gotten me thinking.” I said letting go of his hand and getting up off the bed. Nick looked up with a questioning look on his face.

“What have you been thinking about?” He questioned. I was staring at the wallpaper in his room trying to find the words to say.

“Us. What you said. I don’t know Nick. Everything you said was just going though me a mile and minute and it hasn’t left my brain. I don’t know what to think. I loved every word you said. I loved every point you made; the memories and moments that we have shared. Everything. I just…” I spaced off. I looked out the window trying to figure out what to say even though it was on the tip of my tongue. Nick looked up with a hopeful look on his face. He got up.

“I just. I don’t know what I want to say. My mind is swimming.” I said with a little laugh. He pulled me into him and his lips found its home on mine. It was like electricity. He gently pushed me against the now closed door and kissed me more. The kiss was deepened when he licked my bottom lip and I let him in. My hands found my way into his hair and his hands found their way to my back pockets of my jeans I was wearing.

We were like that for a good twenty minutes when Nick stopped and moved back from me. He was giving me space to breathe after all of that; it was sort of funny in a way.

“Do you know what you want to say to me now?” He asked with a goofy smile on his face.

“I realized what I wanted to say the moment you kissed me.” I said with a smile. He slightly leaned forward, waiting for my answer. I was waiting because it was funny to see Nick being impatient.

“I love you.” I said simply with a smile on my face. Nick’s smile grew and he pulled me back into him for another wonderful make out session.

4o’clock. That was the time that Denise said that they were packing up the van that came to pick them up and that was the time that the entire Jonas family was leaving. So basically my heart was crushed when the clock hit four o’clock.
Nick and I spent the entire time I his room making out. Ok well not the entire time. We stopped to reminisce on some memories and were going over time that we were going to be able to text and skype each other. Joe came up at one point and didn’t knock, thus interrupting our make out session. All three of us were red when that happened, but laughed it off.

We were all in the drive way as my mom and Kevin Sr. were loading the van. Kevin was insisting that my mother doesn’t help lift all of the suitcases and what not but she put up a hard fight saying that it was her job and started saying it was a law. Ya, my mom can get like that when she wants to. Bizarre.

“Ok everything is packed and ready to go. Well, are we ready to go?” Kevin Sr. asked. We all just looked at each other and starting giving our good bye hugs. I hugged Denise first because she was on my left.

“I’m going to miss you so much!” She said as she hugged me and then went off to my mom. Kevin was next.

“Don’t forget me ok?” He said. I laughed as I gave him one last hug before moving on to Frankie. My eyes were getting watery.

“Don’t cry! Remember, when the chicken crosses the road, he doesn’t get hit!” He exclaimed, trying to be funny but failing. I still laughed because he was trying to help me.

“I’m going to miss you Frankie. Don’t forget to stay in touch ok?” I asked. He nodded and moved over to where Denise was. Joe was next.

“I’m never going to let you forget what I witnessed upstairs missy.” He said as he gave me a hug. I laughed as the tears started to fall.

“Well thanks Joe. I’m going to miss you too.” I shook my head as he stepped back and Nick walked up.

We just hugged. The flood gates have opened and it was like a waterfall coming out of my eyes. I noticed through my tears that Nick had some tears in his eyes as well. We didn’t know what to say to each other. Everything was already said. Everything that needed to be said was said.

“I love you. I love you so much and I want to kiss you but your mom and dad…” He interrupted my sentence by pulling me into him for a kiss.

I was so engulfed with the kiss that I didn’t notice that everyone else stopped and were now looking at us. I didn’t notice Kevin and my mom smile happily at us. I didn’t notice Frankie say ‘gross’. I didn’t notice Joe roll his eyes and say ‘get a room’. I didn’t notice Denise and Kevin Sr. look at each other and smile in contentment that their son was so happy. I didn’t notice any of this, and I highly doubt Nick did either because we continued like that until Joe finally broke us apart saying,

“Do you guys have gills or something? How do you breathe??” Everyone laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The entire Jonas family was in the van ready to leave. Well almost everyone. I couldn’t let Nick go. I was a blubbering mess and it was getting bad. We were saying our final good bye’s when my mom finally said that they had to leave. I kissed Nick one last time and told him I loved him.

“I hope you never forget me.” I said with a slight frown. He looked me directly into my eyes.

“Never. I love you. Never, ever forget that.” Was the last thing he said to me, for he turned and walked towards the van to join the rest of the family.

As the engine started and the van started to roll down the drive towards the road, I waved at everyone and noticed Nick in the back window. I waved extra intensely. He then blew me a kiss and formed a heart with his hands. I melted. I sent one back and kept on waving until the van was out of sight.

I turned towards my mom, she gave me a half hug and we walked back into the house.

“I’m never going to forget this summer. Never.” I said to her with a smile. I glanced down to my jingling bracelet in reassurance to that.

I think it’s safe to say that the Jonas family had found the something that they were looking for. The calm and relaxation they desperately needed was accomplished and memories that will live in them forever were created. The Jonas family found Harmony while staying in the little inn for the month and Harmony is defiantly going to be in their hearts forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah its done! Two years. Wow. Shouldn't have taken that long but it's done!
Comments are amazing!