Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

nine.

“Audrey?” Fred’s voice came softly, as he opened my door. I was lying on my bed after storming out of the kitchen. My head still couldn’t process it all. I just didn’t understand it. “Can I come in?”

“Yeah.” I sat up in the bed, pulling my knees to my chest. “Come in.”

Fred slowly walked over to the bed, sliding on next to me. “I suppose asking you if you’re okay is a stupid question?” I simply nodded. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“What is there to talk about, Fred?” I shrugged at him. “The most powerful wizard to walk this earth wants to rip me to shreds for power that I didn’t even know I had. End of story.”

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” He pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

“You can’t protect me from everything, Fred.” I sighed. “Dick head ex boyfriends are one thing, Voldemort is a whole other ball park.”

Fred cringed at the use of his name. “We don’t know anything for certain yet.”

“What’s not to know?” I looked at him. “Snape pretty much confirmed that it’s all true. You saw how stressed Lupin and Sirius were and they don’t do that over anything. He’s going to kill me one way or another.”

“God damn it, Audrey.” Fred snapped. “Don’t you dare say that, okay? No one is going to let anything happen to you. George and I will watch your every move at school if we have to. I’m sure Dumbledore knows by now and will be keeping watch at school The Order will keep a close eye on you here. You’re safe.”

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath in. “I’m so god damn scared.”

“I know, but you can’t let this get on top of you, okay?” He kissed my forehead. “I know it seems like a distant thought now but we’re going in to hogsmede tomorrow and you’re going to forget about all of this okay? You’re going to have a good day.”

Sighing, I nodded not wanting to upset him anymore. It took a whole lot for either of the twins to get scared, so seeing Fred act like this worried me. The last time I had seem him like this was the world cup when the death eaters attacked.

“What did you want to do today?” Fred asked, trying to get my mind of it as we lay there. In all honesty, I just wanted to lay there and feel sorry for myself but I new he wasn’t going to let me do that.

“Can we just lay here for a little bit longer?” I asked, hoping to get away with avoiding people for a little bit longer.

Fred nodded. “You want me to stay?”

I pulled the blanket over the top of us both and nodded. Fred pulled me closer to him as we lay there in a comfortable silence. “I love you, you know that?” Fred looked down at me. “You make me ridiculously happy and I’m not about to loose you at anything or anyone.”

Pulling him down to me, I kissed him with everything I had in me. My hands cupped his face, his on my waist pulling me into him. “I love you too.” I smiled.

Fred and I didn’t emerge from my room until just after lunch time that day. When we entered the kitchen hand in hand we were subjected to wolf whistles coming from George and El while everyone else laughed. Fred shot them a glare while I stood back, trying my hardest to keep positive.

“George!” Mrs. Weasley scolded. She then turned to both of us, shooting me a sympathetic look. “There’s some left over lunch if you’re up to eating.”

“Thanks mum.” Fred smiled at her, pulling me over to the table where we sat down joining the others for lunch.

“You feeling okay?” El asked, looking over at me. I nodded, smiling over at her.

“I’ve just got a headache is all.”

“Liven up, Audrey!” George smiled. “We’re on holidays!”

That’s exactly what I did, or at least tried to do. The eight of us headed up to the twins bedroom for the afternoon as they were pretty excited to show us some new things they had been working on. It did take my mind off everything, which I was grateful for. Fred seemed to be the only person who noticed I wasn’t one hundred percent my normal self, but he didn’t push it because I really was trying to get into the spirit of things.

Later in the afternoon Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny headed off to do there own thing leaving the twins, El and I alone. “So, are you doing to tell us what’s really going on?” El turned to me once she knew the others were gone.

Confused, I turned to face her. “What do you mean?”

“You and Fred hiding up in the room all day.” She started. “The fake headache, the being completely out of it. I can see right through you, Audrey. You’re my best friend.”

Fred and I exchanged looks, unsure of whether to tell George and El just yet. Neither Fred or I had come to grips with the situation yet, and as he said we didn’t really know anything for sure. Was it worth blabbing to everyone? Or was waiting until we knew a better idea. I didn’t want everyone knowing just yet, but El could read me like a book and she would be able to tell if I was lying to her. It would also help not having to burden Fred with all of it. I know he was trying his best to keep me positive, but half the time I think he was trying to convince himself that everything was going to be okay, just as much as he was me.

Sighing, I nodded over at Fred to let him know I was going to explain what was going on. “There’s something I need to tell you guys about, but you can’t say anything to anyone else yet, okay?” Both George and Eloise nodded. “We don’t know all of the details yet, or whether it’s one hundred percent accurate but there’s a chance that You-know-who is going to come after me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Smiles All Round - Deaf Havana

Filler chapter before getting into the important stuff. You know the drill, let me know what you think!