Sequel: Creep.

Teachers Pet.

Detention

“I expect no nonsense or laughter; you will remain silent until you finish your task.” I kept my head low as I washed out the beakers.
“And be thankful this is all your head master would allow me to do.” Snape grumbled walking past me to his desk. Uncomfortably I shifted in my desk to avoid his burning gaze. The clock ticked slowly, adding to the un-easiness in the room. After finishing my cleaning I jumped from my seat and headed for the door.
“Freeze.” I stopped dead keeping my eyes on the door. I heard Professor Snape shift from his desk, his footsteps echoing the room as he approached my own desk. Snape stopped in front of the desk sink and looked through the potion materials I had just cleaned.
“Miss. Fletcher, do you expect me to allow this to be marked as clean?” When I didn’t move Snape walked around me so I could face him. He held up a test tube that had a small smudge of something on it.
“No, sir.” I sighed reaching out to grab the tube, but he pulled it away from me.
“Miss. Fletcher, if you cannot succeed a simple task- such as cleaning a test tube- then maybe I should resort to higher punishments for your impudence.” I remained avoiding eye contact until he reached out and grabbed my chin and forcing it upward to his merciless glare.
“Do I make myself clear?” Snape growled raising an eyebrow.
“Yes, sir.” I flinched as the test tube was harshly slapped in my hand. He briskly walked to the cabinet in the corner and pulled out a box full of measuring spoons and cups.
“Maybe you should practice your cleaning skills while we wait for dinner.” I suppressed a sigh as I took the box from him and walking slowly back to my desk. Snape hovered over me, watching me scrub down the supplies in the sink. Snape’s head snapped toward the door quickly as I was filling the basin with soap.
“Mr. Malfoy, may I help you?” I turned my head to see Draco move into the doorway from behind the wall.
“Or would you care to join Miss. Fletcher prepare for tomorrows lesson?”
“Actually Professor. Snape I am here to ask you if you could clarify today’s lesson.” Snape raised his eyebrow showing Draco he wasn’t buying his line.
“May I ask what was so difficult about it?” He asked placing a hand on my desk. Draco looked at me before looking back at Snape.
“Everything.”
“Really, well, Mr. Malfory perhaps if you paid attention you would know the assignment was to read chapters three and four. Now I cannot teach you how to read so if
you would excuse me, I have discipline to attend to.
“Well in chapter three, what does Wolfbain have to do with hazel?” Snape let out a long sigh before picking up my book and flipping to the Glossary page and shoving it into Draco’s face.
“Nothing.” He snapped as he pointed the lesson out to the student. I turned back to cleaning as Draco blabbed on in a failed attempt to distract Snape from me. Because his cold eyes wandered to me every few seconds.
“Oh, sorry Professor, it’s dinner time, thank you for the help though.” Snape hummed once before turning to me again.
“Miss. Fletcher, are you finished?” I nodded placing the last measuring spoon on the table. Snape walked over briskly and examined my work.
“You may be excused, however if I catch you falling asleep in class once more, I will have to use...other methods.” I nodded before quickly walking toward the door, then breaking into a run to get away from the classroom.
“Della!” I turned around to see my cousin running down the corridor with his two goons.
“What in the world did you do to Snape? It looked as if you had stabbed him with a stake.”
“I fell asleep in class.” I blushed rubbing my temples.
“What, that’s it?” Draco asked raising his eyebrows.
“That’s it.” I confirmed looking up at him.
“When I fall asleep he smacks my head with a book, or pushes me, but never held me hostage for two hours, I thought it was much worse.” Draco blabbed as we walked down the halls.
“Should I tell my father?” He asked turning to me.
“No, he would just make it worse.” I muttered turning into the dining hall. Snape was already there, sitting in his seat among other teachers. I wrinkled my nose in disgust sitting down with Draco and burying my head in my arms.
“He’s watching you.” Draco laughed in spite filling his plate with food.
“I wouldn’t doubt that.” I mumbled once again.
“I have to say cousin, this is far too entertaining. Maybe he’s realized that you will dance for him, clean for him. Oh what a wife you’ll be.”
“Oh for the love of Pete, shut up Draco, you are as intelligent as a shoe. Snape is just getting back at me for falling asleep during his lesson.”
“Yeah, okay Della.”
“Yeah, okay Della.” I mocked grabbing a piece of bread and shoving into my mouth.
“Miss. Fletcher.” I choked on my bread and began to wheeze. The voice waited for me to regain composure.
“You forgot this on your desk.” I turned slowly and looked up.
“Thank you Professor. Snape.” I muttered reaching out and taking my books from him. Draco stifled a laugh and nudged his goons. I turned around and threw my book at my immature cousin, the back of my robe was pulled and I was yanked to my feet.
“We do not throw our books at other student-
Snape was cut off by Draco throwing the book back at me, it hit me in the face falling onto Snape’s feet.
“Normally I like to read my literature, not be hit in the face with it!” I yelled as Snape pulled me away from the table, grabbing Draco as well.
“Both of you go to bed.” As Snape released me I fell forward and started to walk towards the Slytherin common room. It has only been three months of school, and I am already Snape’s target, that makes me feel great. I have spent every week cleaning his room or watching him grade papers, it’s getting rather old. Draco says I just “catch him in a bad mood” But really? Does his mood swings last three months? I have no idea what to do. Once I got to the dorm I sat on my bed and looked at the mirror.
I need to get Snape to back off, what should I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment telling me if you like the story, AND WHAT SHOULD DELLA DO!?