Win a date with Mitchel Musso

Chapter 7 The little things

The man was making out with me, his lips against my cheeks and neck, and I screamed, pushing him away, but he was so strong, clutching me tight, strangling me. The sobs choked out of my throat. I didn’t want this happening to me at such a young age!

“Let go of her!”

I smiled through my tears as I heard Mitchel’s courageous voice. This man was about 5 inches taller and way more muscular than Mitchel, but Mitch kicked him... hard. The man roared and kicked Mitchel in a certain place extremely hard that made Mitchel fall down on the floor, groaning in pain.

I cried louder. My night in shining armor was on the ground in severe pain... what was I to do? The whole area got on my nerves... the crowded two-inch radius between people, the darkness of it all, the gross smell of beer... I felt like fainting and almost lost hope, but a shrill shriek burst my eardrum.

“KYLE!!!” A girl screamed at the guy who was making out with me and trying to get down my pants. He immedietly let go of me. “Gabby!” He rushed over to kiss her, but she slapped him on the cheek. Ouch.

I slid to the ground against the wall. “How could you do this to me?! I thought we were meeting here for a date but instead you go making out with a thirteen-year-old? Shame on you!” “Fourteen...” I croaked, correcting her, then remembered my poor Mitchel.

He was on the ground near me, so I crawled over to him. He looked so innocent, so in throbbing pain. I wasn’t sure if he was awake or unconscious, but people were stepping on him, so I pulled him away to the wall.

“Mitchel?” I ran my fingers through his hair, but he didn’t open his eyes. My eyes watered up again. ‘How many times in one day can I cry?’ I wondered to myself as I blinked and they spattered down my cheeks.

Suddenly I remembered that fairy tale... Sleeping Beauty. The girl was asleep until her prince charming kissed her and she awoke. What if Mitchel didn’t wake up again? What if we both died here? My heart ached as I looked at him again, then decided to do something drastic. After all, what if I never saw him again?

I leaned down and brought my lips against his, softly, but pulled away quickly. What did I think I was doing, kissing a beat-up celebrity on the floor of a party? His eyes blinked, then closed again. My heart skipped a beat.

“Daisie?” He grumbled sitting up. I scooted away. “Sorry,” I whispered as he sat up slowly and agonizingly. He shook his head, the corners of his mouth bending upward. “Sorry?!” He exclaimed playfully. “SORRY?!” I must have looked confused. “What?”

“I’d been waiting for that for a long time.” He whispered to me. I bit my lip, and he learned forward and our lips touched, just barely at first, but he kissed deeply. I put my arms around him and kissed like the world would end tomorrow. He was good, and although he had just been out cold, I felt safe and warm in his arms.

We lost our breath, but inhaled and started kissing again, right on the floor against the wall with drunk teenagers running all around us, but we didn’t care. All that mattered was right here, right now, Mitchel Musso and Daisie Soninshyne making out like someone hadn’t just been making out with me about three minutes ago. Except there was a difference... this time I didn’t pull away.

And maybe this was some type of dream and tomorrow I’d wake up in Kansas holding my squishy cow pillow in my arms, tangled in the sheets... but I realized I’d have to enjoy the moment. It’s the little things that count in life, like sleepovers with Hollie while we read magazines and eat cookie dough at 11 at night, or watching the sunrise on our hotel balcony in Puerta Vallarta, or kissing Mitchel Musso on the floor of a bowling alley... all that matters is how you feel right then, and to be quite honest, I was feeling pretty darn happy