Status: Active

Broken in Time

& 003;

Two

Breakfast was uneventful. Alison received her schedule for the year. Looking it over, it seemed like Monday’s and Fridays were the most uneventful, with only Herbology and Care For Magical Creatures after the break. Tuesday’s were a bit more intense, with Arithmacy first thing, then Divination. Wednesday’s held Double Charms, and Double Potions. Thursday’s – Defense Against The Dark Arts, then Astronomy.

Being Tuesday, Alison prepared herself for Arithmacy with the other Gryffindor’s and Ravenclaw’s. When she arrived, professor assigned seats. Alison was placed next to Michael Corner, in front of Terry Boot and Hermione Granger, but behind Luna Lovegood and Marietta Edgecombe.

Michael was already taking notes.

“Alison, you should be taking notes right about now,” he reprimanded. Alison blushed a bit, and nodded, pulling out a piece of parchment paper.

She copied all notes and all the required homework due for the next Tuesday. The class still had thirty more minutes ; hopefully you finished a good portion of your homework then, or you would be quite behind.

This was OWL year. This meant a meeting with Professor McGonagall about careers. This also meant getting good grades. This was the year that decided your future, in a way. There was no way Alison wasn’t going to try her best.

Finally, when the students were allowed to go for lunch, Alison’s stomach rumbled. She had no idea how hungry she actually was.

Did I even eat anything this morning? She asked herself. Thinking back, she hadn’t. Nothing on her plate was touched other than that one sip of coffee. She looked around the Great Hall for her friends.

Her honest-to-Goodness best friend Luna Lovegood was waving her over to the Gryffindor table, where she was waiting with Elinor and Alison’s second room-mate, Aisley.

“Morning girls” Alison said, sitting next to Luna. Elinor and Aisley mumbled a ‘hi’ through mouthfuls of food. Luna just smiled.

“Wasn’t Arithmacy dreadful? It’s only the first day, and we already have three scrolls of problems due! Thank goodness for those thirty minutes, or I would have more. I got about one and half scrolls done. How about you Luna?” Alison ranted/asked.

“Oh, I was too busy to actually work. Did you know Marietta attracts Nargles in the worst way! I was trying to keep them away from me,” Luna stated, in her beautiful, airy voice. Alison was already used to the things Luna said, and just nodded.

“Nasty things, those Nargles.”

By now, Alison had a sandwich on her plate, with apple juice on the side. Half of the sandwich was already finished, and the other half was slowly disappearing.

The strangest thing happened then. Hermione Granger walked by, giving Luna a “hello” and a smile. Alison was puzzled. By the looks on the faces of Aisley and Elinor’s faces, they had no idea either.

You see, the ‘Golden Trio’ didn’t talk to many people outside of their trio. Plus, talking to Luna, the resident ‘crazy’ so-to-speak, was somewhat absurd. Alison didn’t voice this thought though.

She looked down at her plate ; all the food was finished, and she was full. Alison stood up, making the other girls look at her.

“I don’t know about you, but I have Divination right now. I can’t afford to be late on the first day!”

Aisley and Elinor got up also, as they were in the class. They said their goodbyes to Luna, before going to Professor Trelawney’s class.

Alison was at a table with Lavender Brown, rolling her eyes and barely paying attention to the crazy lady up front. She hadn’t seen where the other two were sitting, but it didn’t really matter. She yawned, and cringed a bit when she saw the nasty glare Lavender gave her.

Oh great, Alison thought with a roll of her eyes, I’m suck with someone who actually believes all this codswallop. Why did she actually continue with Divination ? Because it was supposed to be an easy ‘O’

Finally, after three cups of tea, and almost chopping Lavender Brown’s head off, it was time to leave.

“Insufferable, that woman,” she muttered to herself. She heard laughing from behind. Ron Weasley gave Alison a sympathetic look.

“Don’t worry about Lavender, she takes some time to get used to” he said, thinking he was helping. Alison shook her head.

“I can’t do it. I’m switching tables next class.” Harry laughed from Ron’s side.

“I’ll catch you two later, I have Arithmacy to finish before dinner.” With one last smile, Alison took off. Then, it hit her. She had just talked to two thirds of the Golden Trio.

Way to make a lasting first impression Alison. They’re going to think you’re some crazy psycho bitch with no patience whatsoever.

That quickly slipped her mind as she sat in the Great Room with many others trying to finish the first day’s homework.

Later that night after dinner was over, and it was quite past curfew, Alison sat in the window of the Gryffindor Common Room. It was a hot night, especially for Scotland. Alison just sat and thank. She thought of classes, family, and everything.

This year she promised, this year is going to be different. I can feel it.

And with that last thought, she retired to the room, where after only fifteen minutes, she had fallen asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
888 words.
Its probably been a bit more than a week, and I'm quite sorry. I have summer school, and we have our final coming up on the 29th.
Also, I've been looking at pictures of Fernando Torres, Gerard Pique, Jesus Navas and the rest of the Spain NT. ;)

Feedback is always appreciated :)
-Saddie.