Dark Secret

3.Ruined Memories pt.3

‘Heck no,’ I scowled. In truth, I did yearn to see him again ever since the first encounter. He was so…interesting, so brilliantly strange, but I would never tell him that.

Kenneth’s smirk did not waver at my denial. He shrugged casually. ‘Too bad. I’ve missed you so much though, princess.’

My ‘inner self’ growled in reply.

Kick him out of the room.Now.

I will…after I get my answer from him.I turned back to Kenneth without her permission (, not that I would listen anyway). What was his intention? If he thought he could use me as a hostage against Leanna or Richy, he’d be wrong. I’d rather die than to be someone’s weakness. I had been a burden to Leanna, Tyler, and Richy since I met them at seven. I had brought enough trouble for them.

‘Cut the chase. What do you want from me?’

‘Tsk tsk, patience is a virtue.’

I glared.

He walked towards me in slow pace, seemingly to be enjoying my fake font of courage. I backed away with each approaching step, till I had nowhere to go. Kenneth placed his arms beside my face, trapping me between him and the wall. I looked up into his blue eyes, slightly hypnotized by his dazzling pools. His warm breath caressed my face, luring the blood to my cheeks.

‘Well, Charlotte,’ he changed his voice into a richer tone. ‘What do you think you have to offer me, hmm?’

My heart beat so fast that it was unbearable. I needed my mouth to assist me in breathing evenly. My shoulders rose and slumped with every intake or air.

‘Nothing.’

‘Not quite,’ he chuckled, dark and seductively. ‘There is something…’ he trailed off. Gliding his right hand from my burning cheek to my jaw line, he moved nearer. ‘…Something only you can offer…’

Don’t tell me he means…

Your body? Duh, what else do you think you are good for?


Dismissing her later comment, I raised my hand and slapped him hard. My embarrassment became anger. That was so disgusting, an exact opposite of his looks.

‘Get out of my room, you—’

Kenneth seized both of my wrist above my head with inhuman speed. My eyes widened in shock. He smiled in amusement before lowering his head next to my ear.

‘You shouldn’t have done that, darling.’

Oh crap...

He had just demonstrated how easy it was for him to kill me, yet I stared straight at him, my pride wouldn’t let me be pitiful and beg on my knees. I had to hold my head high and proud.

‘Shame. I regret nothing.’

‘Is that so?’ He slipped his free arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I clenched my jaw. The way he held me was disturbing.

‘Hell. Yes.’

I gasped immediately the next second.

He…he…

He’s nibbing our ear!She screeched like an enraged banshee, wanting to wring Kenneth’s neck right there and then.

I tried to free my hands. As expected, he didn’t release me or loosen his hold. Just as I was about to kick him, he let go of my earlobe and my hands.

‘Do you really think they are your friends, sweets?’

‘What? ...Stop doing that!’

‘Doing what?’ he purred.

‘Stop licking my ear, you damned sicko! It hurts!’ Darn. That twisted psycho must have
chomped on my ear. My poor, poor earlobe…

The door slammed open, both Leanna and Tyler was standing in the doorway. Their eyes flickered into black for a millisecond, then replaced by a predatory glint in their eyes. They looked ready to leap and attack the trespasser, hissing in warning.

‘Let her go, trash,’ Tyler snarled, showing his animalistic side. Baring his fangs, Tyler crouched down, as if he would pounce on us any minute. Perhaps that was why Tyler forbid me to see him hunt. He knew it would scare me. And it did.

‘It appears that my time is up,’ Kenneth murmured. ‘I’ll be taking my leave, ladies.’ He bowed towards the vampires.

Compared to Tyler, Leanna stood more gracefully, albeit a bit rigid. Her stance indicated she was preparing for an attack too. She feigned a sweet smile, ‘Leaving so soon? But dear Kenneth, we haven’t repaid you for the gift you gave Charlotte.’

‘You don’t have to. I’d give everything for my love.’ He brushed his cheek against mine.

Tyler cracked at Kenneth’s fondle. He lunged, faster than anything I had seen, intending to rip my captor in pieces mercilessly. His mouth was wide opened, aiming for Kenneth’s neck. Leanna had told me male vampires’ bites were poisonous, which had a numbing effect to cut off the senses of their preys, whilst females used their glamorous appearance to seduce the victims. Males sometimes lured the human with their godly looks too, but it was more common for them to simply ambush the unsuspecting beings as this was less time-consuming, and for the adrenaline rush.

Just then, a gust of strong wind blew in my room. I closed my eyes when the cold air pricked my eyes. I shielded my face with my hands. As soon as it came, the wind died equally quick, approximately a heart beat’s time. I felt stupid for lifting hands when the wind ceased.
My room was still the same once the tornado-like wind completely died. It did not create a mess like how I had expected. A miracle, or that was an illusion of sort. Like all magicians after the big performance, Kenneth vanished. There was no evidence of him ever coming here, apart from the wound on my right ear.

And the black feather lying silently in the place where he had been previously standing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, chapter 3 is finally completed. I hope you like it. It'll be a while before the next update, chapter 4, though...
Please leave a comment. ^^
...Pretty please? With cherry on top? Critics are highly welcomed too.