Bitten

Chapter Seven

"Hello? Frankie?"

Bubbles trickled from Gerard's mouth as he swam limply through his personal purgatory, trying to find some sort of sign he was still alive. His body slugged its way through the strange substance, it was warm and silky, but at the same time stung when touched. He continued kicking his legs, bubbles now emerging from his mouth. It was strange, he wasn't drowning, instead when he breathed in, a cool, rejuvenating breeze filled his mouth. More bubbles, and he began to climb his way upward. A deafening silence over took him, it's gentle pulse following in time with his own heartbeat. Cool breeze, burst of energy, "I"m coming Frankie..." he muttered.

But the top never came, the distance was just as dark and hopeless looking as ever. He stopped, his body suspended in the gray treacle.

"Frankie..." he cried, his voice muffled by the bubbles rising to the unseen surface.

The silence's pulse became stronger, more high pitched, and the thick goo began thinning away, becoming hot and watery. Gerard grunted and kicked his legs furiously, remembering all those swimming lessons from his childhood. The substance continued melting, until Gerard found himself swimming in pure, clear water. The sun was shining high above the surface, causing it to sparkle like blue glass. The pulse started up again, now a low beeping noise, Gerard kicking in time with it. He was so close to the surface, he could feel the sun warming his cold, naked body.

"I'm coming baby..."

He burst through the water, his head bobbing momentarily, before he found himself lying flat on his back and gasping for air. The beeping was now loud and fast, screaming into his ear as the world around span and blurred. People rushed into the room, placing their hands all over his body. A gentle voice whispered by, "Gee... calm down... it's okay now..."

"Frankie," he croaked out, his throat tight and burning.

He struggled to re-open his eyes, his body throbbing with terrible pain. Something soft was drawn over his body, making the pain subside. Gerard blinked, then fluttered his eyes, staring into the ceiling. This world was just as cold and gray as the last, making him feel defeated. But then he heard it, like the peal of a bell.

"Gee... you're awake?!"

Frank's voice rung out, laced with excitement and love, and soon Gerard felt a pair of arms wrapped around his torso. He blinked, staring his lover in the face, smiling tiredly. Frank placed feverish kisses all across Gerard's face, laughing and crying with utter joy. Gerard produced a tiny moan from his vocal cords, making Frank look into his eyes.

"Yes baby?" he asked, his face filled with every emotion Gerard could think of.

"W-water..." he sputtered, barely making out the word before coughing.

Frank nodded dutifully, rushing to the other side of the room and fumbling with a plastic cup and pitcher. Gerard giggled to himself, trying to force his weakened form into a sitting position. Frank tutted and walked over, setting the cup on a side table, "You need rest Gerard. Besides, you might hurt yourself."

He nodded, taking the cup and drinking happily, "How long have I been out?" he whispered, licking his lips.

Frank hung his head, his soft hair falling over his eyes, "About a week. They had to put you into a coma."

Gerard gasped, choking on his water. Frank whimpered and patted Gerard's back, trying to ease his spasmodic breathing, "Shh... Gee, calm down, take a breath."

Gerard gulped and inhaled desperately, his chest heaving at an alarming rate, "I-I'm sorry..."

Frank shook his head, stroking Gerard's cheek, "No... baby you couldn't help it..."

Gerard lifted his left hand, staring at the bandages, "What was it?" he asked, his voice gaining strength.

"Rabies... they said the cut was made by a bat bite..."

Gerard chewed on his lower lip, "Yeah... a baby one..."

Frank sighed, now sitting on the bed, "Why Gee... why would you lie like that?"

"I don't know Frank... I guess I was afraid of hurting you..."

Frank smiled softly, cupping Gerard's face, "Never..."

Gerard fumbled with his blanket, staring around the room. It looked so cold and menacing. Stacks of monitors and machines and sinister instruments lay next to bed, a few odd chairs next to them. the other side of the room had a sink and a window, that looked out onto a drab, dirty city. He lifted his gaze back to Frank, who was now busying himself by pleating Gerard's hair. He giggled, a bit of drool rolling down his chin and onto his gown. Frank rolled his eyes, laying onto Gerard's shoulder.

"Mikey's here... Alicia too, they flew in last night." he mumbled, still threading his fingers through Gerard's hair.

Gerard perked up slightly, "He is? I wanna see him..."

"In time baby..."

Gerard looked down at his hand, then Frank's laying nearby. He looked up, his eyes sparkling with new life. "Frank, can I ask you a question?"

Frank smiled, kissing Gerard's ear, "Of course..." he whispered.

"Will you marry me?"

______________________

That's it kiddies!! there is a sequel, but its not quite ready.

so, yeah comment and give me love, and I promise part two will come