Sweet Little Sister

Table manners

Snake and Scotti seemed to be patrolling the streets; they passed by every shop and scanned the place, which meant that Rachel had set up a search party. Why do people constantly run into me, I wonder. They must have seen and recognized Joe, because no longer than 5 seconds, the bell on top of the door made a little ding as it sounded off. From under the table I could see their boots walking towards here. I crossed my fingers, just wishing they hadn't seen me.

Without a word they sat at our booth, right across Joe.I was hiding right beside his legs, brushing against his right knee, as far as possible from them. I wish I could have seen over the table because not a word had been spoken yet. What a delightful company indeed.

"We're with Rachel," said Snake, sounding like a mafia hit man without a thick Italian accent. He spread his legs out but I couldn't back any further away, so I was almost right in between him. Great view... not.

"Okay," Joe casually answered to the non-question, as cool as ice, as if he knew nothing.

"Have you seen his sister around?" Scotti questioned.

"No, but I'd like to."

I held back a cry of laughter, these dumb-asses were easy to trick. Even Joe, without even knowing them could fool them into anything. I swear, sometimes they didn't act like intelligent human beings, I still remembered Snake rambling on about some silly goat songs, as he said, whatever the hell that was.

"We'll know if you're up to something," Snake added. Yeah sure, he wouldn't know if a conspiracy was going on even if it slapped him across the face.

"What, you think I'm hiding her under the table or something?" Joe exclaimed, sounding so sincere that they didn't dare check under the table, while I was holding my breath, clinging onto Joe's leg with all my power.

Someone huffed.

"Whatever man, we're outta here," Scotti mumbled and they scrambled out like a pack of dogs. They must have been off to find me in other places, like public restrooms and dark alleys, a fugitive's number one choices.

"Now, I had to lie my ass for what?" Joe asked, looking down at me. My head was right beside his knee, quite an interesting place to be, I had to admit.

"He's made them look for me, so you won't corrupt me."

He smirked. "Corrupt you? There's nothing left for me to corrupt, and plus, I'm not that bad of a boy."

He pulled me up from under the table, earning a glare from the waitress who must have thought I had just finished blowing him. His thumb touched my cheek, he slowly rubbed his nose against mine in the most tender and innocent way. And when I went to kiss him, he pulled away, surprising me.

"Its best to go to your brother, tell him what's up and if things fuck up I'll talk to him... he doesn't deserve being worried right now."

I rolled my eyes but I knew he was right. I sighed, kissed him and left without a word, knowing I'd see him soon anyway, I was cursed into running into people all the time, so why not run into Joe yet another time? It had already happened twice so far.

Anyway, I resumed my walk on the streets, knowing for sure one place where a certain lowlife friend of my brother hung out a lot. The sex shop. The exterior glass of the front of the shop was covered of course, so I actually had to go inside. I pushed the door and sure enough, there was Snake, with his back at me, inspecting lingerie as well as a set of handcuffs. That was just nasty.
I saw Scotti at the far back of the store, trying to look casual while he was thoroughly studying a Kama Sudra poster with different sexual positions. Poor Scotti, he would have been normal if it wasn't for the rest of them.

"Hey Scotti," I whispered in his ear and he jumped up, not expecting a creepy voice behind him.

"Holy shit, you scared the fuck out of me!" he exclaimed. Then, remembering where we were, he looked around terrified and covered my eyes with his hands. "If he finds out you were here, he will shove his bass up our asses," he screeched. "Snake, just buy the goddamn cuffs, we've got her."

I was escorted a moment later like a criminal, held by this bonehead brigade. Snake suggested we use the handcuffs, I looked at him like I would stick his own tongue down his throat and watch him go purple, while Scotti said that Rachel wouldn't appreciate it. We walked and walked for ages when we finally arrived at an apartment building, which had to be Rob's place.
Up the stairs we went, until I could hear a clear voice singing. Sebastian's. I had heard the song before, because Rachel had written the lyrics, but adding vocals took it to a whole different level. Sebastian's singing voice was so much different than his speaking voice. In ballads, he sang like he meant every word he said, making any girl crumble to pieces. The heavy songs, well, he could blast through them. His voice had a weird power in it, it could work on any terrain.

The door opened with difficulty, but when it did, I found Rachel sitting on an armchair with his knees to his chest, playing with a cat's cradle. When he saw me, he put great effort into not showing that he was relieved to see me in one piece. I, on the other hand was happy to see he had a purple cheekbone.

Sebastian was staring at me again, so I coughed loudly. "I'd like to speak to my brother... alone."
Huffs and puffs came back and forth but they went to the other room, dragging their feet on the carpet. Sebastian was already laughing at some comment the others said.

"So,,," Rachel began.

"I'm going to be dating Joe," I blurted out. He looked at me, I looked at him. We looked at the floor.

"That's out of the question."

I leaped up, infuriated. "Why do you have to boss me around? You're not my fucking father!"

I immediately regretted the last sentence that came out of my mouth. I had struck a sensitive chord, the father issue, the one thing I knew Rachel would have loved to know, a dad. I knew it even though he had never confessed to something like that.

He held back his words and gulped down air. "I want what's best for you."

"What's best for me? I've never had a real boyfriend thanks to you! I fucking hate you for doing this! Its always about you!" I screamed. "I've never been in a relationship because you think you can keep me a little girl forever. Well, guess what? I don't want to be a kid! I want to smoke, drink and fuck and you have no right to take those things away from me!"

It took me a while to notice that neither of us were speaking anymore. He wasn't even looking at me in the eyes now, avoiding my gaze and picking his jeans. He would not talk for the moment.
I opened the first door that came in sight, where I found Rob, Snake, Scotti and Sebastian bouncing back and away from the door, they must have had their ears glued on there. Scotti delicately tried to hide the glass he was holding, yet another eavesdropping device.

I found a closet and rummaged through it for clothes. Who cared if it was rude, I wasn't thinking correctly now. I locked myself in the bathroom and showered, at last getting that blood off me. I slipped on a baggy pair of shorts and a Van Halen t-shirt.

"Looking much better," Scotti commented politely when I sat on the couch. Rachel and Rob were nowhere to be found.

"Thanks Scotti," I mumbled, before Sebastian waltzed in, moving every limb he had, always randomly singing some weird song.

"Are we gonna get beers or what?" Snake asked putting his boots on.

"Yeah, let's go, Sebastian, you coming with?" questioned Scotti, turning to where Sebastian was standing.

"Nah, I'll just stay here man, keep an eye on her so she doesn't run away again."

Snake nodded. "You're right, she might go find that guy." They left, mumbling stuff about Joe. I looked at Sebastian for a mere second and he stared back at me.

"And then there were two," he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
at last, sorry =D
happy new year guys!