Status: Hiatus; not sure when it'll be updated.

The Lightning Strike

Chapter Two - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

“Alright, we’ll be there.”

I hung up my phone and shoved it into my pocket. Misha arched her eyebrow and gave me a pointed look as we followed the Impala in front of us. Dean was driving obnoxiously on purpose. Misha was getting irritated with the way he wasn’t signaling correctly and he was slamming on his breaks just to keep her on her toes. Rolling her eyes as Dean does an odd swerve just to annoy Misha, she spoke.

“What’d lover boy have to say?”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. She’d been calling him that behind his back ever since the last case ended. Ever since she’d seen me blush when I saw his number on my caller ID and even more when I accidentally called him Sammy about five miles back. I have a feeling she was never going to let it go. I knew it was good natured teasing though, I knew she wasn’t super upset that I was becoming interested in Sam. So far I thought he was really cute and sweet. I didn’t know what exactly I thought about him though. Taking a sip of water, I slipped on my sunglasses.

“We’re making a pit stop at a cemetery so Sam and Dean can pay respects at their mother’s tombstone. Well, mostly Sam. Dean thinks it’s a stupid idea apparently. He just wants to go to the next case.”

Misha rolled her eyes at that. She still had a lot of issues with the guy. The few times we’d made pit stops for gas and food, they’d clashed even more. Just little comments that made Misha rant for the next ten or so miles. It was amusing the first few times until I got the speech memorized. Then it became mildly tedious. I loved her though so I refrained from mouthing the words along with her. I really did love the girl and I knew she needed to vent. After all, she’d let me do the same if the situation was reversed. It didn’t take long to reach the cemetery and we both pulled on our sunglasses before parking and getting out of the car.

We walked over and I chewed on my bottom lip as I spotted Dean awkwardly standing farther back and Sam kneeling sadly in front of the grave. Misha nudged me and nodded toward Dean. He was heading over to some odd tree. Misha and I walked over to Sam as he walked over toward Dean. Dean came over with a card. Misha and I looked at each other oddly as Dean blatantly ignored us and instead spoke solely to Sam.

“Angela Mason. She’s a student at the local college. Funeral was three days ago.”

“…And?”

Misha snorted and Dean glared at her from the corner of his eyes. I eyed Dean oddly though. Why was he so interested in a dead local college student? I walked with my hands in my pockets as Sam and Dean bickered about why Dean had ‘chosen to see a case where there wasn’t one’. They bickered about doing it and I rolled my eyes and interrupted them.

“Boys, seriously. Can we please stop this arguing? Shit, you two sound like Misha and Dean instead of Sam and Dean. Dean thinks there’s a case. We can spare a couple of days to double check. What harm can it do?”

Misha gave me an odd look while shaking her head. I’d have to explain something to her eventually about why I just stood up for Dean. I knew she probably didn’t understand. Sam didn’t seem to understand either. His jaw clenched and he nodded before grudgingly agreeing. I headed back to the Torino as Dean said the dad was available. Misha followed me and gave me a pointed look. I sighed and pulled out my phone to check the time. Misha grabbed it and stopped the car before finding a number and dialing it. I arched my eyebrow at her as she held the phone up to her ear.

“Sam? Yeah, no it’s Misha. Listen, we’ll catch up with you later. You two go talk to the dad. We’ll start digging around in the girl’s background. Any odd things. You’d be amazed what Nisha and I could do with an internet connection. Nisha’ll hack her e-mail and we’ll look things over. We’ll call when we’re done.”

I chewed on my bottom lip as she hung up and turned to me. I sucked on my bottom lip while she set the phone in my hand before shaking her head. She looked confused, but then again, I’d never hidden anything from her before in my life. She knew I was now though. It probably irritated her to no end. She didn’t actually have to tell me to spill. It was all in her look. It spoke volumes above what any screaming or yelling or even speaking at all could have.

“I don’t think we’re seeing the entire picture with Dean. Something tells me that he’s just as wounded as we are. I know he’s being a jerk to you Misha and I’m not excusing it. I’m just saying that maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt on this. And before you say anything, this is not because I have some odd crush on his brother. Dean’s trying way too hard to be a douche. Real douches don’t have to try. They just are. Speaking of him, did you just put us on research duty because you really desperately want me to spill my guts or because you don’t want to be around Dean because you’re still pissed at him?”

“A little of both actually but mostly because you seem to be getting very attached to those brothers. Kitty, you know we can’t stay with them. They’re impulsive and loud and rude and obnoxious and it’s dangerous and-“

“And I’m sick of us having to do this alone. Misha, when’s the last time we had anyone but each other to talk to? An entire year? I’m 19 years old Misha. I love you, but for fuck sake, I really need more contact with other human beings. I'm going a little stir crazy here. We’ve finally found people who are like us. Please, for me, can we stick around a little bit longer? I’ll try and get Sam to keep Dean under control. Please?”

I pouted and clasped my hands together while batting my eyelashes. Misha took one look at me and groaned. I’m fairly certain I heard her mutter something about how I was going to be the death of her. Shaking her head, she finally sighed and spoke.

“Alright! Alright! Don’t! Don’t you dare squeal. I will hit you. I swear on my car I will hit you. Fine. We can stick around a little bit longer. However, if that bitch Dean insults my baby again or even hints that I need to get laid? I get to punch the bastard.”

Rolling my eyes, I laughed and nodded. She seemed satisfied with the knowledge that I wouldn’t complain if she punched Dean. Then again, I was fairly certain she would have punched Dean anyway. However, we didn’t like upsetting each other so I knew she preferred it if I wouldn’t be pouty afterward. I may be ridiculously protective over Misha, but that doesn’t mean that Misha isn’t protective over me also. She’s just usually more violent about how she protects me. What can I say? Girl’s a pistol. Misha turned on her music in her car while doing an odd dance in her seat. Giggling, I pulled out my laptop from the backseat and started it up before getting online and starting to search of anything related to an ‘Angela Mason’. I first hacked through the police database. It was a fairly small town that she was from so looking up her info was easy. Misha looked over my shoulder while bobbing to Kings of Leon and sighed.

“Nisha, I know you want to have faith that Dean isn’t a total bastard, but the girl doesn’t have any record of criminal record. There’s nothing in the system about her except for the head on collision that killed her. I hate to break it to you but maybe Sam is right. Maybe Dean really is just searching for a case where there isn’t one.”

I sighed and searched her college pages and figured out her e-mail address before hacking into that and looking up her social accounts also. So far nothing stood out. She seemed depressed in some of the e-mails but nothing to suggest she even knew what the word ‘occult’ means, let alone used any of it. The only way I could be positive that she didn’t look anything up though was if I was able to get onto her personal computer. Sighing, I double and triple checked the records and her e-mails while Misha danced along to ‘Sex on Fire’. She turned it down though as my phone rang. Pulling out my cell again, I flipped it open and put it to my ear.

“Hey Sam, anything turn up?”

“..How’d you know it was me?”

I rolled my eyes and spoke as Misha eyed me oddly

“Well let’s see, Dean doesn’t have my phone number and Misha is sitting right next to me. Those are the only other people who’d be calling me right now. We didn’t get anything on our end. The girl seemed to be complaining about some relationship issues but that’s about it. She also seemed to be fairly depressed from her e-mails but so far nothing related to anything of the occult or even radical Christianity.”

“You hacked her e-mail? Listen, meet Dean and me at our motel, alright? We’ll compare notes and hopefully we can move on soon.”

I wrote down the name of the motel and the room number he gave me before hanging up the phone and telling Misha to drive. She turned her music up again and I rolled my eyes as we got to the motel quickly. I packed up my laptop before getting out of the car and looking for the room while Misha got us our own motel room for the night just in case we stayed longer than we thought. Plus it was easier to concentrate in a secure room rather than in a car in the open or even an alley. I knocked on the door and nodded as Dean grudgingly moved to the side to let me in. As I entered, I heard Sam talking about how Dean was only doing this because he didn’t want think about their mom and dad. Biting my bottom lip, I shifted uncomfortably and spoke up.

“Sam, just because there isn’t proof yet doesn’t mean there won’t be. It’s still suspicious and-“

“And I don’t need your help Nisha. You don’t know me, you don’t know Sam, so you and your friend can mind your own damn businesses as far as I’m concerned. Now move out of my way.”

Sam shook his head in shock at how Dean was acting. My jaw clenched and I stared at Dean angrily.

“I didn’t do a damn thing to you except stick up for you because I think you’re not crazy. Oh and for the record? You’re not the only family with a shitty past. You’re also not the only people qualified for this job.”

I shook my head again and held up my hand to stop Sam from apologizing as Dean pushed his way past me and slammed the door after grumbling how he was going to get a drink alone. Sam sighed and rubbed his face before walking over and shoving his hands into his jeans. He walked over and leaned against the wall next to me. Sighing, he looked at me sympathetically and spoke.

“I know it doesn’t seem like Dean is a great guy and I am sorry he said those things to you, but you have to understand he’s re-“

“Really going through a lot right now? Yeah, I know. Don’t look so surprised Sam. I’m more observant than people think. I also know what it’s like to be fairly closed off about bad situations. I’m not exactly sure what you two went through, but I know it was big. Misha and I have gone through some pretty heavy stuff recently too. Been less than a year actually. Maybe I’ll tell you about it sometime.”

Sam opened his mouth to speak but a knock came at that moment as he did and he sighed before opening the door. Misha came and looked between Sam and me oddly before shaking her head. Crossing her arms across her chest, Misha grinned and spoke.

“Dean stormed past me a few moments ago. I got us a room Nisha. We have the room next door. It took me longer than I thought since I had to walk around a bit to cool down so I didn’t punch the ignorant prick at the counter in the face. Seriously, why do men always call us sugar or baby or hon? It’s annoying. Especially when they’re leering. Anyway, we can hang out there or you can hang out here if you want to while we wait for Mr. Congeniality to get back?”

Sam gave me a nod to show he’d be okay and I smiled before following Misha over to our room. Waiting was never our strong point, but I knew Misha. We weren’t going to just sit and twiddle our thumbs or do more research. I knew the look that Misha was giving me. We were going to spy on Sam. Mostly through listening in through the walls. That’s the only reason she’d ever get a room right next to Sam and Dean. Otherwise she would have gotten a motel room as far away from them as possible to reduce the risk of running into Dean and having to speak to him.

Like I said, she really didn’t like Dean.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“..I think your lover boy is watching porn. I’m officially creeped out. Dean seems to have come back though, which is great because I didn’t really want some like…wincest shit or whatever name it’d be given by odd people. Then again, we could probably write it online and get hundreds of deranged followers for it…I really don’t understand those people. I think for the most part they’re…”

“From the shallow end of the gene pool?”

“I was actually going to be less polite about it and just skip straight to delusional or retarded. Yours is more poetic though.”

I giggled. It was ironic that I’d been the one poetic about it since I’m usually the blunt one. Well, we’re both pretty blunt about everything, but I did so more than most. It was an odd relationship we had, but it worked. Shrugging, we listened closer as Sam and Dean bickered slightly. Misha’s gaze was intense as she listened closely to the conversation. She seemed really surprised that Dean wasn’t crazy when it came to this case. It was odd that the girl’s boyfriend had supposedly slit his own throat. I’ve never heard of anyone doing that.

Guys usually hung themselves or shot themselves. Girls usually slit their wrists or took pills. A few oddballs drowned themselves or locked themselves in their garage with the car running or suffocated themselves one way or another. Besides, slitting the throat took a lot more effort than people thought. If they were going to cut his jugular, he’d just stab himself in the artery. I could understand why Dean was upset. His own brother hadn’t trusted him to be able to spot a real case over his own delusions. We both scrambled to our feet though as we heard Sam and Dean leave their motel room. We both walked out as they did and Dean shook his head and cursed under his breath. Sam opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

“Seriously Sam, I did not come with you on this trip so I can sit on my ass and do nothing. We did plan on working on cases with you. This is a case, hence wanting to work on it. We’ve already committed a few felonies for you two, so a little trust would be nice. We’re hunters and this is our life.”

“Why is that again?”

Misha and I had turned around to go to our car but I froze as Dean asked that. Misha looked irritated that Dean would question us at all. I grabbed her arm and gave her a look. Turning back to them, I stared blankly at them before speaking.

“Death and destruction. The usual reasons why people become hunters. Maybe we’ll tell you the story sometime but for now we have a case to do, so can we focus on that?”

Dean and Sam gave each other a look that I knew meant they were doing some silent brother conversation. They nodded though at me and Misha and I headed out to our car. I knew Sam and Dean would probably discuss what I told them after they got into their car. They’d even possibly try to look us up. I wasn’t too worried though but once I got into the car with Misha, she huffed and spoke.

“How come you always stop me from insulting Dean?”

Laughing, I told her the truth.

“Because I hate to see someone get beaten as badly as Dean would if he ever went against you. What can I say? I’m all for the underdog.”

Misha laughed and rolled her eyes but didn’t seem to have a problem with my explanation. Possibly because she knew that she really would crush Dean in an argument. I’m not sure who’d win in a fist fight. Misha was tiny, but she packed some power in those punches. It was almost crazy how much force she had. Possibly why I considered her a better fighter than me. She could become absolutely unstoppable if she went with a little bit more strategy though. I had to use strategy and weapons. Get me without my weapon and I’m much weaker than I’d like to admit.

I dismissed the thoughts though as we reached the college and we all got out. Dean looked irritated that we were there but I was ignoring his glares and I gripped Misha’s arm to stop her from commenting. Last thing we needed as a spat between Dean and Misha in front of a potential suspect’s house. Sam knocked and a young man opened the door, a confused look on his face. Sam introduced us as grief counselors. The guy looked confused by that and spoke.

“I didn’t know the college employed grief counselors…and I especially didn’t think they’d send this many.”

Smiling sympathetically, I came up with an explanation on the fly.

“Well Sam and Dean are the full time counselors, Misha and I are transferring from another college. The school figured it’d be best for us to observe at first, have the students get used to us.”

Dean seemed almost impressed with how quickly I came up with that, especially since he hadn’t told us what their cover was going to be. He could have used any number of things. Sam looked mildly impressed also. He also looked a little afraid though, like he was questioning something about me. That I didn’t like. Dean picked up from where I left off though.

“Right, our associates Nisha and Misha will observe but we’re here to help. You talk, we listen, and we may even throw in a few collages. Whatever helps the healing process.”

“We just want to make sure you’re handling this okay. Grief can make people do crazy things.”

Dean’s had been amusing, Sam had just been sweet. I really need a hobby or something. I am getting way too attached, way too quickly. It wasn’t healthy, especially if we weren’t going to be staying with them forever. The boy insisted that he didn’t need help, I was mildly lost in my own head as he mentioned that the guy didn’t kill himself over grief, but guilt. Something about cheating on her that night. Hey, I wasn’t completely in my own head. I can multi-task! Misha was paying attention anyway because she nudged me and gave me a knowing look before we all headed back to the cars and Dean spoke as we were heading to them.

“That vengeful spirit business seems more and more likely. Hell hath no fury?”

“But Matt’s dead, right? Shouldn’t it be over?”

“Well there’s one way to find out.”

“And that is?”

I’d been looking back and forth between Sam and Dean in their little discussion. I was mildly curious as to what Dean’s answer to Sam’s question would be. Misha seemed a little confused too. I mean, I had one idea but he couldn’t possibly be suggesting that, could he?

“Burn the bones.”

Holy shit he was. I opened my mouth to point out how absolutely insane that idea was, but Sam beat me to it. Ironically with about the same words I would have used.

“Are you high?”

Misha snorted at the look that came on Dean’s face as he was asked that, I chuckled too, but it was still more than a little crazy. Sam continued talking though.

“Angela’s only been dead for a week.”

“…And?”

That was about when Misha decided to break in and speak.

“There are no bones to burn Dean. She’s a rotting corpse. Flesh, fluids and all.”

Dean smirked and turned to Misha and I before speaking.

“Oh, come one. You two are always trying to insist on how ready you are for this job. Part of the job is getting dirty.”

Misha clenched her jaw but I knew that she knew that Dean was right. There was no way we could complain about this without seeming like a couple of whiny girls.

Dean would never let that go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dean had made the compelling argument that taking one car would be less suspicious than both of our cars going. It was a good point, however Misha wasn’t happy with leaving her baby behind in the parking lot of the seedy motel we were staying at. We’d gotten to the cemetery fairly quickly though and gotten out our shovels before starting to dig. It didn’t take as much time since all four of us were digging. Sam had tried to go all manly and say we didn’t need to. Misha and I had given him pointed looks though and he backed down while Dean snorted. Somehow Dean figured out before Sam did that Misha and I were stubborn about what we wanted. We finally got to the coffin though. Panting a bit, Dean turned to us and spoke with an almost sardonic tone to it.

“Ladies first?”

Rolling my eyes, I stepped forward and pulled the coffin lid open as Sam and Misha held flashlights for me. I backed up and we all exchanged odd looks as we looked into the coffin. The top of the lining was ripped, but the coffin itself was empty. Blinking, I spoke what everyone else was thinking out loud.

“Well that’s a new one.”

“They buried the body four days ago.”

“I don’t get it.”

Dean and Sam both sounded just as confused as we did, although Sam was the one to just flat out admit he didn’t get it. Crouching down, we all looked at the inside of the coffin lid, where the symbols were. Dean eyed it before asking.

“What is that?”

“I don’t know.”

“That doesn’t look like any language Misha or I have seen before.”

Dean frowned and sighed before speaking words that were possibly very, very bad.

“I’ve seen these symbols before.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Misha and I waited in the car while Sam and Dean talked to the father. Misha was irritated about it, but I understood. It’d be odd if two people showed up the first time and then four people showed up the second time. We were trying to stay under the radar. Showing up in odd places was, well, odd. We’d helped look some stuff up in the library before we’d gone there though. Possibly part of the reason why Misha was irritated about the situation, after all she had helped out with research. Misha hummed and tapped her fingers and was all around fidgety while I stared at the ceiling and daydreamed. I wasn’t sure how long we’d been sitting out there but we both jumped and got out of the car as Dean stormed out of the house, Sam following close behind. Both looked upset. Dean more pissed though.

“Stop it! Stop it!”

“Sam I know what I’m doing!”

“No you’re not! I don’t scare easily but you’re scaring the crap out of me!”

“You’re being overdramatic Sam.”

“You’re lucky this turned out to be a real case! ‘Cause if this wasn’t, you would have just found something else to kill. You’re on edge, you’re erratic! Except when you’re hunting, because then you’re downright scary! You’re tail spinning man and you refuse to talk about it and you won’t let me help you!”

“…I can take care of myself, thanks.”

“No you can’t! And you’re the only one who thinks you should have to! You don’t have to handle this on your own Dean! It’s-“

“Sam, I swear if you bring up Dad’s death one more time, I’ll-“

“It’s killing you! Please. We already lost Dad. We’ve lost Mom. I’ve lost Jessica. And now I’m going to lose you too?”

“We got to get out of here before the cops come…I hear you! I’m being an ass, but right now we’ve got a friggin’ zombie running around and we’ve got to kill it…Right?”

Misha and I looked at each other awkwardly. We hadn’t meant to stand and watch that brotherly moment, it’d just happened and we’d both been too scared to actually move away. Sam laughed weakly though and spoke.

“Our lives are weird, man.”

“You’re telling me. C’mon….yeah even you two girls. Research is going to need all of us. Still not happy you just watched our entire conversation though.”

Misha and I winced awkwardly before climbing into the car before Sam and Dean joined and we drove back to the motel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“We can’t just waste her with a headshot?”

“Dude, you’ve been watching way too many Romero flicks.”

“You three are telling me there’s no lore on how to smoke ‘em?”

“No Dean, we’re telling you there’s too much lore. We’ve found at least a hundred different legends on the walking dead. Some say, setting them on fire-“

“My personal favorite is the one where you feed their heart to wild dogs. Got a sense of poetic irony to it.”

“That’s your favorite too?”

Dean rolled his eyes and spoke.

“Nisha, Sam, concentrate. I swear you two have the nerdiest ways of flirting in the history of mankind. Also, the creepiest. Seriously? Fuck, get a room.”

“Cute Dean, Sam and I aren’t flirting and besides, the point is that we can’t be certain what’s real and what’s people on drugs writing bullshit stories. Sometimes the truth just stays buried.”

“Speaking of which, Nisha and Misha? What’s your story. Come on, if we’re going on a hunt together, I’d rather know whose hands I’m putting the safety of my brother in.”

“Dean, don’t-“

“Sam, it’s okay. It’s best for it to be out in the open. I’m Nisha Marenda. She’s Misha Jones. We started hunting very recently. We were forced into it though. We came home in July last year to find our homes in shambles. Do you know what it’s like to walk into your home and see the limbs of your parents and siblings thrown all over the room? Their blood dripping from the ceiling? Threats etched in their blood on the wall? Cops told us we were crazy.

Laughed us out of the station when I’d let it slip that I thought it wasn’t human. So we left. I’d already been big into crazy odd knowledge and we both knew how to fight, so we just hit the road. We’ve been doing really well so far. A few cases, mostly training though. So yeah, we’re a little new at this. We’re not stupid or half-cocked about what this job entails. I think we stopped being naïve about the supernatural the moment we slipped in our the intestines of our parents. You can look up the case.

One of the worst mass murders in Missouri history and it was unsolved because there wasn’t a single god damn fiber or print. They gave up almost as soon as they got it. Is that what you wanted to hear Dean? That your family isn’t the only one that’s been ripped apart by this unseen war? Ask me another blatantly rude question and I’ll let Misha punch you. Now can we focus back on the case? Oh and before we go into some back and forth thing? We already know.

Sam and Dean Winchester. Mother died when Sam was an infant. Father died recently. Didn’t know about the father part until recently but that’s possibly because it wasn’t under his own name. Trust me, we looked there. Oh and don’t look so offended. You both tried to look us up. The only thing you were missing was our last names and our locations. So let’s just move on and focus on the zombie that’s randomly walking around. We can possibly laugh about how fucked up our lives are later over beers. Get it? Got it? Good.”

Sam looked at me sadly, that same doe eyed expression on his face as he had when he’d begged Dean to just talk to him about how he was feeling. I couldn’t stand to see his pity. I couldn’t stand to see him look so broken over it. I’m not sure why he was so hurt by thinking of me in that situation. I just didn’t want to think about it. All that blood. Thick and hot like syrup. I flinched slightly as I remembered slipping in huge puddles of blood. Dean cleared his throat and I snapped to attention. Sam and Misha were both looking at me in concern. I’d talk to Misha about it later.

I wasn’t going to talk to Sam about it at all. It was odd, usually I was the one to want to fix things. I wasn’t used to people wanting to ‘fix’ me. Misha loved me like a sibling and she’d do just about anything for me, but she had a different approach. Her approach was more, ‘I’d kill for you and I’d die for you, but I’m not going to force you to talk.’ She was very into letting people have space when she thought they needed it. Later she’d ask me a simple question of whether or not I wanted to talk and then make sure I knew she was there for me. I loved that about her.

I had to distance myself from Sam a little bit. Sure, I thought he was smokin’ hot but I didn’t need to be getting emotionally attached. Not now. The conversation kept going about how we could take down this crazy undead bitch. Our lives really were weird. How many people could say that they seriously discussed how to take down a zombie that only exists because some love sick college student brought up his unrequited ducky love who killed herself over a guy who treated her like shit. Something told me that this wasn’t going to be the weirdest case we ever had though.

“Nisha wants to make noisy, messy sexy time with Sam Winchester.”

“What?”

I said that incredulously as I heard Misha say that statement. Misha rolled her eyes and muttered about finally getting my attention. Sam was blushing from embarrassment but he also looked concerned. Still. Dean just looked awkward. Rolling my eyes, I watched as Dean shuddered and spoke.

“Not funny Misha. Anyway, we’re going to check out that Neil guy’s place. You in?”

I nodded and stood up before grabbing my gun and my machete before following everyone out the door.

Breaking and entering; Misha and I were very good at it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Neil! It’s your grief counselors! We’ve come to hug!”

Misha and I both looked at him oddly as he shouted that into the house. Seriously? We’ve come to hug? I’ve really gotta talk to that guy about his entrance speech. It needs a lot of work. Dean shrugged though and answered a question asked to him by Sammy. Dean and I both had our guns out and were in the front leading the way. Don’t ask how that worked out, it’s a long ass story and involved rock, paper, scissors between myself and Sam. I beat him. He was very surprised. Apparently Dean uses scissors a lot so he wasn’t expecting someone to be able to play against him. We weren’t far into the house though before we spotted a bolted door.

Exchanging looks, Dean and I moved aside and let Misha work her lock picking magic. Seriously, the girl was way too good at doing that. Anyway, we moved down the steps and immediately realized as we saw the bed and the fact that the room didn’t have any zombies in it, that the zombie had gotten out. Once again I stayed quiet and only mildly paid attention to what was being said. Something about how Angela’s roommate was just a little too broken up when he’d gone to visit her. I looked around the room again and gave a small squeak that made Dean snort as Misha grabbed my arm to drag me back up the stairs.

It didn’t take us long to get to the friend’s apartment and Dean and I both busted in with silver bullets in our guns. Good thing we were both ready because the zombie chick, okay I should really start calling her Angela, anyway, Angela was attacking the friend. Dean and I both fired a few shots to her. Unfortunately it only succeeded in pissing Angela off and she darted out the window. Sam went over and grabbed the girl and hugged her while telling her it’d be okay. A very small part of me deep down got irritated with that but I smashed it before it could even reach my face. Misha rolled her eyes though. Dean mentioned that we should head back to talk to Neil.

Sam kept whispering to the friend and found out where Neil was this time at night before we all headed out to the Impala (we’d once again been convinced that using Dean’s Impala would be best, Misha pouted over it every time she climbed into the backseat). While we headed out there we went over what things it could be since silver bullets didn’t do enough.

“Well there’s always nailing her back into her grave bed. It’s mentioned a few times and is probably where the whole ‘staking the vampire’ lore came from. Could have some promise.”

“...Grave bed? Seriously? How are we going to get her back to the cemetery?”

I was staring out the window and then I suddenly grinned and I sat up and leaned forward.

“I know how to get her back there.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Okay, seriously Nisha? Next time you have a brilliant idea? Can you not volunteer us as bait and the problem? Shit. You’re crazy. Why do I adore you again?”

“Because I’m the coolest non-blood related sister you could ever hope to get stuck with?”

Misha rolled her eyes and grumbled while we set up lit candles around the grave. The boys had dropped us off with supplies at the cemetery. Plan I’d come up with was that the boys would make it seem like Misha and I were going to do a ritual to fix whatever happened the first time. To send her back and that they were going to help him move on. Oh and I may have told Dean to insinuate that one of us was looking for a boyfriend and that we’d both thought he was cute. Neil, not Dean. I had spotted Misha secretly staring at Dean’s lips and ass before resuming her, ‘what a dick’ routine, though. I’d have to talk to her about that later. We also made an almost perfect ring of salt around the grave, we left an opening in front of where she was going to be running toward it.

The plan was simple, although Mish and Sam didn’t seem to like it. The plan was simple enough though. Sam and Misha were going to be waiting on one side of the grave. I’d have zombie chick, sorry, Angela follow me to the grave while Dean chased her. I’d jump in the grave, she’d follow. Sam and Misha would pull me out and then Dean would jump in, shove her down and pin her down. Easy peasy pumpkin pie, right? I took my spot p toward the front of the cemetery and shifted on the balls of my feet while Sam walked past me, giving me a look that said he still wasn’t happy about this plan. Dean gave me a thumbs up before hiding in the shadows. It didn’t take long for Angela to show up. Grinning, I spoke in a sardonic tone.

“Angela, right? I’m Nisha. You know, the girl Neil was going to leave your undead ass for. I think it’s because I have tits. Were you ever planning on working on that?”

Some odd noise came out of her mouth and I took off running toward the coffin, ducking and dodging around. She was still making strange noises and she was also pretty damn fast. I really had watched too many old movies if I thought she’d be walking and shit. I probably should have paid more attention in the newer zombie flicks. I was quick though. Once again, when you’re only an inch above being exactly 5 feet tall? You had to learn to use what you had to your advantage as much as possible. Speed was one of them. Sam watched mildly jumpily as I jumped into the grave and reached up. Clenching his jaw, Sam grabbed my arm and pulled me up and out of the grave before Misha could even reach to help me out. I turned around in time to watch Dean do a crazy awesome slide into the grave and stab her. Interesting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Listen, how about you guys stick with us for a little bit longer? We can show you some more techniques. It could be really good for you, both of you.”
Misha and I looked up at Sam and Misha nodded. I continued patting down the dirt before stretching slightly. Looking over, I saw one of Sam’s hands starting to swell. Walking over, I gently grabbed the hand as Misha and Dean spoke sarcastically to each other like the other one didn’t know they were being insulting.

“What happened to your hand Sam? It looks like it may be broken.”

“Angela must have broken it when she grabbed it earlier in the office.”

I winced and then blushed and moved my hand away as Sam arched an eyebrow at me for rubbing my thumb on his hand. Coughing, I shoved my hands in my pocket and rolled my eyes as Dean interrupted.

“That’s because you’re just too fragile Sammy.”

Laughing, we all headed over to the car so we could stop by the motel and get all our stuff before heading off to the next job. I was just glad this one was over. Zombies give me the creeps. They were creepy, undead, and oddly enough? I was irritated that they didn’t pay taxes. Misha always has said I’m the strangest person she’s ever known. Strange, but adorable.

Part of me really hoped that someday Sam figured out that last bit out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaay for this chapter! <3

I hope you guys liked it! Feedback is always loooooved!

Misha's chapter should up VERY shortly!