Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I've Never Felt Anything Like This Before

A Rocket To The Moon’s new album had been officially underway for a week and a half before Nick invited me in to see him in action. He had cautioned me beforehand that it would be boring and that I should bring something to occupy my time with. I opted to bring schoolwork with me.

I hadn’t seen him that much since the album process began. Once I had picked him up from the studio and we went to dinner then he spent the night. The last time I had seen him was on the drive to the studio the next morning. Sure we’d talk on the phone, but it wasn’t the same. I knew I’d have to get used to being apart so often, but it was hard knowing he was so close and I could actually drive and see him instead of not being anywhere near him because he was on the other side of the country. So it was sage to say that I was excited to see him when I got to the studio.

He met me in the parking lot, so I could find which studio they were in easier. I’d known where the place was since I’d picked him up a couple of days before. I just hadn’t gone inside.

I immediately spotted his orange hair in the small enclosed parking lot. I smiled at the sight of him. Quickly, I parked, turned the car off, grabbed my bag from the passenger’s seat, and got out of the car, locking it as I made my way toward him. He smiled brightly at me once he saw me, making the dull gloomy day that much more brighter. My stomach erupted with butterflies as I quickened my pace. The way I was reacting you’d have thought I hadn’t seen him in longer than a week.

I dropped my bag onto the ground, not caring about anything in it and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. He stumbled back laughing while he held onto me, making sure he didn’t drop me. His lips met with mine and I felt like I was in that scene from The Notebook. Giggling, I unlatched my legs and lips and slid down, so I was standing on my own feet.

“Wow, what did I do to deserve that?” He asked with a laugh as his hands rested on my waist.

I tilted my head to the side and smiled sweetly at him, “I just missed you.”

He smiled back then leaned down and captured his lips with mine again, “Well I missed you, too.” He said once he pulled away.

A huge grin broke out across my face at him words. I leaned down and picked up my bag then wrapped my left arm around his waist while his right arm went across my shoulders. “Show me what you got, Santino.” I said and he led me into the studio.

The studio was on the small side, but it was fine. I greeted Justin, Halvo, and Loren then Nick introduced me to the producer Matt Squire and his friend Colin Baylen, who was in the band A Cursive Memory. Nick had to go work out some lyrics with Justin, so I took a spot on the black couch pushed up against the back wall next to Colin.

“Hi.” I smiled brightly. I was in a great mood and nothing could break it.

“Hi.” He smiled back.

Colin had dark hair that swooshed across his forehead, but not as bad as Nick. He was also on the tanner side which made me think that he might live closer to the beach than I did. He was wearing a flannel, tight skinny jeans, and moccasins on his feet.

“So you’re Nick’s girlfriend?” He asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, since January.”

“Oh, so the relationship is new?” He asked.

New enough to get married, sure. “Yeah, it is.”

“How’d you guys meet?”

I then explained to him how I came home and he was there. He laughed. It was quiet between us, so I pulled out my Government book and packets.

“What’s that?” Colin asked, looking over at the book on the cushion between us.

“Government.” I explained.

“Oh, so you’re still in school?”

I nodded, “I’m almost done, though. Another month basically.”

His eyebrows scrunched together, “The school year ends in June.” He said in confusion.

I proceeded to explain my schooling.

“That’s pretty rad actually. So you’re seventeen?” He asked.

“No, eighteen. My birthday was last month. Nick took me to Vegas.”

“Oh really?” He asked, surprised.

I nodded, “Yeah, I hadn’t even known him for a week.” I said with a chuckle.

“Nick must like you a lot then.” He joked (I think).

I looked at Nick over on the other side of the studio. He look up at me, our eye connecting and we both smiled. He winked then looked back down at his notebook of lyrics and nodded at something Justin was saying.

“Yeah, I think he does.” He did marry me.

About two hours later, we were sitting around talking about how they were going to split up the recording time evenly enough, so the album would be finished before they left for the AP Tour.

“What day are you leaving?” Matt asked.

“March 18.” Halvo answered as he sat with his bass in his lap at the sound board.

“So we’ll probably be working until the 17.” They all nodded. “Where does the tour start?” Matt asked.

“Dallas on March 20.” Nick said from next to me. He had his arm draped over the back of the couch and I sat as close to him as possible.

“When do you guys play LA?” I asked.

“Uhm…” Justin said as they all looked around at each other. Did no one know?

“The 27?” Nick questioned.

Halvo was on his phone, “Yeah. It says the 27 at Avalon.”

I nodded, “I’ll be sure to be there.” I smiled.

“Why don’t you leave with us on the 18 then be out with us for a week until we get back out here.” Justin suggested.

“Yeah Sawyer! Do that!” Nick smiled as I looked up at him.

“I’ll have to see if I could get off work, but I’ll try.” I smiled.
---
That night, Nick same back to my place and stayed the night. He knew the way to the apartment fairly well, so I let him drive. It was pretty late, but there was still traffic.

I slouched in my seat and propped my foot on the dashboard. It was quiet between us, only the local alternative radio station was playing. I quietly sang along to “Sex on Fire” by Kings of Leon then my phone chimed in my lap, gaining my full attention.

It was a text message from my friend that shared my love for The Academy Is… We rarely talked anymore since I moved to LA and she moved to New Mexico with her family.

‘Did you see TAI…’s new tour dates? They’re playing Chain Reaction on March 15.’

I hadn’t seen them and knowing they were playing close had me excited beyond belief. A smile stretched across my face then I turned my attention to Nick.

He quickly looked over at me then back at the road. “Why are you so smiley?” He asked, a bit freaked out.

“That Academy Is… is playing at Chain Reaction.”

“When?”

“March 15.”

“That’s really rad. I hope we won’t be in the studio that day.”

“If you are, I’m still going.” I said.

He looked over at me again, “Should I be worried about your obsession with William?” He questioned jokingly.

I rolled my eyes, “No! How can you pass up seeing them at Chain Reaction? That place is tiny!” I exclaimed.

He chuckled, “I know; I’ve played it many times. One time it was just me and an acoustic guitar.” He shook his head and chuckled again, “I opened that show with a Taylor Swift cover.”

I laughed, “You would.”

“She has good music, okay?” He defended himself and I just shook my head at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eight stars? holy crap. Thanks :D

So, I'm not sure when the next update will be because one of my best friends I haven't seen since July is coming to spend a couple days with me next week, so that's exciting. Along with that, my family is in the process of moving. I THINK we're moving next weekend, but I'm not sure. But even if we're not, we'll be going the week/weekend after that. And I'm going to Bamboozle Left next weekend. I have a very busy next two weeks ahead of me.
Basically the next update won't be until April and I'm very sorry. It's not like I update that often anyways [and I'm sorry for that]. The story should be picking up now, finally.

oh, by the way, I forgot to post the picture of her tattoo in the last post: one.two [I'm aware that this tattoo actually took this girl 9/10 sessions and cannot be done in a single session, but shh]

Chapter title: This Love by The Veronicas