Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

All the Secrets We're Keeping

Not much had changed in a month. Nick was still recording almost every day. As the deadline was approaching, I saw him less and less. On his days off he’d spend time with me or on occasion I’d sit in on a session in the studio. His hard work paid off, though, seeing as we were headed to Chain Reaction to see his good friend William Beckett play an acoustic show. I was really glad he was able to go since I didn’t know anyone else that was going.

We watched from the back of the venue with Justin and their newly acquainted friend Jac Vanek. A couple of people recognized him, which put a smile on his face (and mine). Every time the fan walked away, he turned and looked at me with a huge smile on his face. It made me happy to see him that happy.

During some point of the show, Mike Carden made his way to the back of the venue and watched the rest of the show with us. He introduced himself to me, seeing as he knew the other three people I was with.

“Hi, I’m Mike Carden.” He smiled as he stuck his hand out.

I shook it as I replied, “Sawyer Thomas.” I smiled back.

It was in between This Providence and The Academy Is… so it was easier to hear.

“Oh right! Nick’s wife, right?” He continued to smile.

My eyes widened in horror and my smile dropped immediately. Justin and Jac’s heads snapped in our direction. I turned and looked at Nick, who had the same expression as me.

“U-u-uhm, n-no. We’re not married.” I laughed nervously, not making eye contact with him.

His brow furrowed, “William told me you guys were married.”

“W-why would we get married?“ I fidgeted, “We’ve only been together for two months.”

“He said Nick told him you guys got married in Vegas.” He insisted and I sighed exasperatedly, getting frustrated that he wouldn’t drop it.

“We are not married.” Nick cut in, seeing me getting frustrated.

Mike raised his hands in defense, “All right, all right.”

Just then some girls walked up to him and asked for pictures.

I shook my head while Justin turned to us. “You guys got married?” He whispered harshly.

‘Oh sweet Jesus.’ Was the only thing I could think of.

“Justin, calm down.” Nick said.

“Just tell him.” I sighed in defeat.

Nick sighed as well then looked up at Justin and Jac‘s shocked faces, “Yes. We got married.” He said.

“In Vegas? Dude, you’d known her for less than a week!” Justin cried.

“Yeah, I know. It doesn’t matter. We’re married, it’s been two months and we couldn’t be happier.” Nick pulled me into his side and kissed the side of my head. I smiled weakly. It was bound to come out sooner or later.

“Did you plan it out?” He asked and I shook my head.

“No, it was spur of the moment.” I said.

“I can’t believe you guys got married. You’re so young.”

I rolled my eyes; he was beginning to get on my nerves. “So?”

“It’s just unreal. I can’t get my mind wrapped around it.”

Nick and I laughed weakly. “Believe it, Man.” He said.

Justin was quiet, thinking I bet. It gave Nick and I a chance to let it sink in that people were finally finding out. Nick looked down at me as he squeezed my arm in a affectionate way. I looked up and smiled sweetly at him.

“Did he get you a ring?” Jac spoke up, bringing me out of my daze of staring into Nick’s green eyes.

I nodded as I took the chain with my ring out from under my shirt and held it up.

“Wow, that’s gorgeous.” She breathed and I thanked her quietly.

Justin got in close and looked at it, “I always wondered what that was.” He said as he looked at it more closely.

“Hanley thinks that my grandma gave It to me for my birthday.” I smirked.

“So basically no one knows?” Jac asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, and we want it to stay like that. Give it some more time then we’ll tell everyone.” Nick said.

The music coming through the sound system turned off and everyone started screaming as William walked out on stage, strapped an acoustic guitar on and began singing ‘Pour Yourself a Drink.’
----
The ride was home was pretty quiet between the four of us. Justin drove, Jac sat in the passengers seat while Nick and I sat in the front row of the three. Justin kept glancing at us in the rearview mirror which was beginning to piss me off.

“Do you have something you need to say, Justin?” I finally asked after catching him looking at us again.

“I just can’t believe you guys actually got married.” Nick and I groaned. Honestly, it was getting really old really quick. “Don’t get me wrong, you’re good together, but you didn’t know each other at the time. You both married complete strangers and Sawyer was barely legal. I mean, we were out there for her eighteenth birthday.” He sighed. “When did you guys even get married, like, what day we were out there?”

“I proposed to her at 12:15 AM on her birthday then we drove down the strip until we found a place that we liked.”

Justin shook his head at us, “What are you parents going to say, Nick? What are your parents going to say, Sawyer? Malinda told me stories of how scary your dad could be sometimes.”

Nick and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. “Hey Justin,” Nick said.

“hmm?”

“Why don’t you shut up and let us worry about it, okay?”

Justin sighed again. Jac turned and looked at us as Nick and I sat on the bench a bit agitated. “I think it’s cute and you guys are adorable together.” She said and I smiled. “Congratulations.”

“Thank you.” We said.

“Jac!” Justin scolded.

She turned to him, “What?!” She yelled annoyed.

“Don’t encourage it!”

“Oh get over yourself! It’s done and nothing can change it. They’re happy, so leave them alone.”

“humph.” He slouched over the steering wheel.

“Thank you, Jac.” Nick said relieved and she laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took longer than expected to get out. I have a good reason, though. I was insanely busy. I saw Copeland, Swimming with Dolphins, Bamboozle day one, and Bamboozle day two all in the span of four days. Bamboozle killed me practically. I got a blister on my thigh from all the walking so I could barely move. Then the day after that madness I moved. So that resulted in not having internet for two whole weeks.
The weekend AFTER Bamboozle [Easter weekend], my sister begged me to go to Las Vegas with her so I could watch her kids while she went out partying. I ended up leaving my folder with this story in it in her car. It was two weeks before I got it back [which was yesterday]. So, really, I got it up as soon as I could.
You know what else I did? I cut seven inches off of my hair last night. I'm stupid, I know. I look fucking retarded now. I hate it so much.

Oh, and I would really appreciate it if some of you would comment. I'm not trying to be all "BLAH! COMMENT!" but I just really would like to see if you are enjoying it or not.

Title credit: Unexpected Places by The Academy Is...