Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Love You the Most, I Do, When You're So Close to Me

After the San Diego show we drove all the way back to my apartment seeing as they had a day off the next day then would be driving up to Bakersfield. It was my second to last night with Nick and I was dead tired of driving. I’d always wanted to take a road trip across the US, but after all of the driving around Southern California, I wouldn’t be the one doing the driving.

I had to go into work for a couple of hours since I hadn’t been for a while, but after that Nick and I went out to dinner at a little Italian bistro that we both thought was good. I was trying not to show how sad I really was about not seeing him for a little over a month, but he knew I was upset. We made plans for me to meet him in Massachusetts once the tour was over because he was homesick and didn’t want to immediately fly back out to LA, plus he wanted me to meet his parents and sister. I was excited, yet nervous to meet them. I just couldn’t wait for it to happen because I knew I’d have Nick there until the band went on Warped Tour.

After dinner, we went back to the apartment where Hanley was leaving to go on a date. I hadn’t talked to her that much in the passed week, but she understood which I was grateful for.

We watched a movie out in the living room, cuddled up on the couch, then took our going away party to the bedroom where we laid in bed for a half an hour, talking about memories from our childhood until I had the idea to make a fort. So there we were, under the fort of blankets and pillows on my bed with the only light coming from the Christmas tree string lights I had wrapped around the bars of my headboard.

“I’m really going to miss you.” I said quietly as I played with his hair that was in my face as he laid on my chest with one of his arms draped across my tiny waist.

“I’m going to miss you, too.” He said sadly.

The wife beater I was wearing had slightly risen and he began to trace random patterns around my hipbone area, giving me chills. I leaned forward and kissed the top of his head. In return he raised my shirt a little higher and kissed my flat stomach, giving me butterflies. I sighed in content as he went back to tracing patterns. It went on like this for a little bit before I lifted his head to face me and kissed him. The hand that was tracing patterns went to my neck while his other arm propped him up so he was facing me more. It got pretty heated pretty fast and before I knew it, my hands were at the hem of his pajama pants about to take them off. His shirt had already come off earlier.

He pulled away and looked at me, “Sawyer, are you sure you want to do this? We don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.” He said breathlessly.

I leaned forward and kissed him then pulled away with a small smile on my face, “Nick,” I put my hand on his cheek and looked at him with adoration in my eyes, “I love you. I want to do this.”

He smiled, “I ‘love you, too.” He said then leaned down and kissed me.
---
In the morning, Hanley, Nick, and I sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast quietly when Hanley spoke up.

“Sawyer, I never pictures you as a screamer.” She smirked over her cup of coffee.

Nick choked on his bite of Frosted Flakes, spitting them back out into the bowl. Hanley looked at him in disgust. I, on the other hand, started at her with wide eyes, mortified.

“I’m kind of disappointed in you, though; you said you were waiting until you were married.” She shook her head then took a sip of her coffee.

“U-uhm,” I looked at Nick whose expression mirrored mine. We mentally agreed to tell her the truth. “Well you see Hanley,” I paused and swallowed. I had no idea how I was supposed to tell her we were already married. “the thing is.” I laughed nervously. “we kind of are… married.” I smiled nervously at her.

She looked at us in shock, cup of coffee at her lips. Suddenly, she slammed the cup down onto the table, “What? Since when?!” She yelled in anger.

“Vegas.” I said quietly.

Vegas!?” She yelled even louder. “B-but you guys hadn’t even known each other for a week!”

I sighed and massaged my forehead. I was already getting tired of telling people. Maybe it would have just been smarter to sit everyone down at once. Or maybe mail them a card or something.

“It was spur of the moment type of thing.” Nick said and Hanley just stared at us.

“Whose idea was it?” She finally asked.

“Mine.” Nick said.

“I was there and you didn’t invite me then you go and hide it for almost three months. I can’t believe you.” She said.

I felt guilty. She was my best friend after all. “ We didn’t tell anyone.” I said, trying to somehow make it better.

“But the band…” Nick said and I glared at him.

“How does your band know before I do?!” She cried.

“Well, Justin found out from Mike Carden and-”

“Why did Mike Carden know before I did?” She cut him off by yelling angrily at him.

“William Beckett told him.” I said quietly with my head in my hands in a defeated manner. I felt terrible.

“What the actual fuck you guys?”

“I told him when I went out on tour with them.” Nick tried to explain.

She just stared at us, angry, hurt, and at loss for words. Her expression made me feel worse than I already did, which was horrible. She took it worse than I though she would. Hanley shook her head at us, got up from the table and walked down the hall. A few seconds later we heard a door slam shut.

I sighed and dropped my head down onto the table. Nick rubbed my back, “Let’s hope our parents take it better than that.” He said and I whimpered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Sing It Out and DinoKat for commenting. It means a lot.

So, they finally did the nasty nasty and Hanley found out their secret. Woo.
I have an ear infection, so I'm going to go and wallow in self pity while listening to the new Crystal Castles and The Dead Weather albums.

Chapter Title: Gasoline by The Dead Weather