Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

It Feels Bad Now, But It's Gonna Get Better

I kept the door locked at the Double Tree. It wasn’t huge, but there were about five levels of rooms. I was a little freaked out that I was alone, but I put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the handle and locked it. I was also too freaked out to leave the room to walk across the street and get dinner, so I didn’t eat. I watched TV and thought about what a stupid idea it was to be staying alone.

What was going to happen between Nick and I? Was I actually going to fly home the next day? Why was he being so insensitive to the whole thing when he was being so supportive before?

At a quarter to nine, my cell phone started ringing. I knew who it was just by the ringtone (which had been changed to “Babygirl” by Anthony Green) it was Nick. I stared at it vibrating on the nightstand, contemplating on whether or not I should actually answer it. What did he have to say?

Curiosity was what made me lean over and pick up the phone. I answered it without saying anything.

“Sawyer,” He sighed. I stayed silent. “look, I’m sorry for how I acted.” I played with the frayed edges of my t-shirt and he sighed again. “Can I please come up?” I still remained quiet. “I’m sitting in the parking lot of the Double Tree. My mom wouldn’t give me your room number. She said I needed to work for it.” His mother was a smart lady. “Come on, Sawyer. Please?”

Finally, I sighed, “Room 218.” I said then hung up.

Not five minutes later there was a knock at the door. Slowly, I got out of bed and made my way to the door. I unchained the first lock then turned the second one.

“Hi.” He said when I opened the door, but I just looked at him.

“Hi,” I said quietly.

He stepped forward with his arms open to hug me, but I flinched and stepped away. Immediately, his arms fell to his sides and a look of hurt washed over his face. He walked in so I could shut the door. Once the door was shut, I relocked both locks.

“Sawyer, I’m so sorry for how I treated you. You definitely didn’t deserve any of that.” I continued to watch him with my arms crossed across my chest. “I really don’t know what came over me. I guess I just thought you were passed it.”

My arms fell from their position and my jaw went slack. “Nick, it hasn’t even been two weeks. I’m definitely not over it. Just because the bruises are almost gone doesn’t mean I’m not paranoid that someone Is going to break in and attack me!” I exclaimed and he flinched at my words and the volume of my voice. “I am afraid to be left alone. Why do you think I have the door locked so securely and the iron sitting by my bed?” I pointed to said iron sitting on the nightstand.

Nick looked over then back at me. This time there was something different emotion in his eyes: pity.

“No! I don’t want your pity, Nicholas! I don’t want your God damn pity!” I began to break down. “I just want you to understand that I can’t be alone and I want you to be the one that’s there when I’m scared to go to sleep!” I cried. “I don’t want you to just pass it off as something I should be over because I’m not.” I sobbed.

He rushed forward and wrapped his arms tightly around my shoulders. “Shh, Babygirl,” He said into my ear. “I know, I know. I’m a complete douche bag and I shouldn’t have said those things. I shouldn’t have left you alone. I should have waited for you to get ready so you could go with me.” He shushed me again. “I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I don’t want you to go back to LA tomorrow. I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I said into his shirt. My cries subsided and turned into tears rolling down my cheeks.

He pulled away and held my head in his hands. His thumbs wiped away my tears “Don’t cry, Babygirl. I don’t want you to be upset with me anymore. I don’t want you to be scared anymore. I’m here for you now.” He kissed me on the mouth and I kissed back.

Things got heated pretty fast and before I knew it, clothes were being shed. It would only be the second time we’d had sex since the first time was his last night before he left for tour and I was in too fragile of a state when he got home.

He leaned us back onto the king sized bed slowly. As he hovered over me in the first few seconds, his necklaces swung forward quickly and hit me in the face. My hand immediately flew to my nose as it stung from the impact. “Oh my God! Are you okay?” Nick asked worried. I couldn’t help it, I laughed. He quickly ripped the chains off from around his neck and threw them across the room. I continued to laugh, hands now secured around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of it.

He smiled and breathed out a laugh, “What?”

I shook my head, “Nothing.” I smiled up at him. “I just love you.”

He smiled down at me, “I love you, too.” He kissed me on the lips then moved down to trail feather light ones down to my lower abdomen. He stopped and sat up.

“What?” I questioned, slightly panicked.

His eyes were glued to the right side of my waist. “You got a new tattoo.” My eyes widened; I had completely forgotten about it. “You got a new tattoo of lyrics that I wrote.”

I laughed nervously, “Surprise?” I said in more of a question.

“When did you go that? It’s still in the healing process.” He lightly ran his pointer and index fingers over it and I cringed at the slight pain I felt.

“While you were getting your hair done.”

His eyes widened, “You got it when I was in the other room?” He finally peeled his eyes away from the ink underneath my skin and locked eyes with me.

I nodded, “You said your love was always on my side, so I thought I’d tell you mine was on yours as well by getting it tattooed on my skin.”

He leaned back down and engaged me in a fierce kiss. “I love you so much. I’ve never been this turned on before.” I giggled then pressed my lips to his again.

All was better in the world of Sawyer and Nick.
---
Later on, around about 11:30 or so, we were wrapped around the sheets. I was hugging his waist with my head on his chest while he played with my hair.

“So we’re flying into Arizona on the way home.” I said, breaking out bubble of silent bliss.

“Yeah,” He breathed

“When exactly would that be?”

He shrugged, “As much as I don’t want to, I guess Sunday like we originally planned.”

I looked up at him with sad eyes, “I’m sorry I cut our trip in half.”

He shook his head, “It’s no big deal! You needed me more than they did.” He kissed the top of my head, “Even if you wouldn’t tell me why.” I laughed then it was quiet again.

“Hey!” He sat up, causing me to go up with him. I held the sheet against my chest. “Let’s go into Boston and get pizza!”

I quickly looked at the click on the nightstand, “Sweetie, it’s almost 11:45.”

He shrugged, “So what! Let’s go!” He rolled out of bed and pulled on his underwear while I looked at him in bewilderment. “Come on!”

Rolling my eyes, I slipped out of bed and got dressed.
---
We got into Boston in twenty minutes due to light tragic. It was a bit chilly out, but my motorcycle jacket was keeping me warm.

Nick groaned in satisfaction, “Man, this is good.” We were sitting inside some all-night pizza parlor, munching on a veggie lovers pizza. “I missed this place.” He said then took another bite.

I watched him in amusement as I took small bites of my first slice (he was on his third). “Yeah, it’s pretty good.” I said with a chuckle. I picked an olive off then took a bite. “So,” I drawled out as I chewed, “Your friend Nicole seems to hate me.”

He stopped chewing as he digested the information. A few seconds later, he slowly began chewing again, “What makes you think that?”

I stared at him at loss for words, “Uh, maybe the hundreds of death glares she was giving me at lunch yesterday?”

He bit off another piece and chewed, “Huh.” I rolled my eyes; he was so blind.

“So, why do you think she hates me?” I took another bite.

He shrugged, “I don’t know. We dated, though.”

I began to choke on the bite I’d just swallowed “Excuse me?” He stared at me innocently “When and for how long?”

“Beginning of sophomore year to the middle of Junior year. She thought we were going to get married.”

I dropped my head to the table, “So your ex is jealous because I married you before she could swoop in. This is just wonderful.”

He patted me on the back, “It’ll be all right. I married you so don’t even worry about it.” His words made me groan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh sup who's seeing A Rocket To The Moon on November 12?! I am. Show sold out in eight minutes and I snagged two tickets. Sad thing is, I'm mainly going for them and not All Time Low. That's gonna be a tiring weekend since I'm seeing Breathe Carolina the day after. Two of my favorites in one weekend. It's almost as good as seeing them both at Warped Tour last year. If you can't tell already, I'm pretty freaking stoked.

Title credit: Almost Everything by Wakey!Wakey!