Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I'll Meet You Tomorrow in Another State

It was 8:30 when we got back to the apartment. Halvo was sitting in the living room with an acoustic guitar that I had seen Nick play a couple of times, so I figured it was his while Justin was in the kitchen making something on the stove.

“Finally you guys are back!” Halvo basically exclaimed.

“Sorry, we went to dinner afterward.” I said as I walked passed them and into my room.

I tossed my bag onto the floor by my bed and plopped onto my comfortable mattress. I laid there just staring at my ceiling in silence. All I could hear was the boys out in the living room. They were talking and laughing loudly. My head was swimming with confusion. It’d been three days and I was already feeling all of these feelings for Nick. Feelings I’d never felt before. But if we were to get together, how would our relationship work? He was only there in LA to record an album and he’d be gone right after. Once he was gone, I’d be yesterday’s news.

As I laid there thinking, my phone began to ring from my bag. I quickly got off the bed and crouched down next to the black Betsey Johnson bucket purse. Hanley flashed across the screen as I got it out of my bag. I quickly answered it.

“Hello?” I asked a bit confused. Wasn’t she supposed to be out in the middle of nowhere?

“Sawyer!” She exclaimed happily.

“What’s up? I thought you were out in the boonies with no reception?” I switched my position from crouching to sitting on the floor.

“Well not anymore. My family is being pretty lame and I can’t handle them, so I had my cousin drive me into town and I’m staying at a hotel now. I’m going to try and get an earlier flight for tomorrow.”

“Oh, that’s awesome.” I said happily.

“Yeah so I’ll be home when you get home on Friday.”

I snorted, “Han, I never left. I’m at home in my room right now.”

“What? Why?”

I chuckled, “My parents decided to go to Utah instead. They’ll be out here next weekend.”

“Oh man, that sucks! I’m sorry, Babe.” She apologized.

“Eh, whatever, I’m being kept company by your friends.

She laughed nervously, “So they obviously made it to LA.”

“mmhmm. I came home and they were just chillin’.”

She laughed, “I’m sorry. I thought you weren’t going to be home, so it would have been okay.” She explained.

“It’s fine. They’re being really nice to me.” I said. “They’re taking me to Vegas tomorrow.”

“What?!” She yelled.

I laughed, “Yeah. They’re very persistent with it. Especially Nick.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, he’s a nice guy.”

“I know he is. I’ve known him since he was, like, fifteen.”

“Awh, little Santino.”

She laughed, “Wow someone’s getting to know little Nicky.”

I blushed, almost being caught. “Yeah, he’s a nice guy.” I repeated.

“Is that all you’re going to say about him?” She asked, clearly amused.

“Yup.”

She laughed again, “All right.”

“Well, how about you fly into Vegas tomorrow and we’ll pick you up. Malinda will be out there on Friday. It should be fun.”

She laughed once more, “Yeah, me and her will go out clubbing while you guys stay in the room because you’re not legal yet.”

“yeah, yeah whatever.”

There was a knock at my door and then it opened. Nick poked his head inside then stepped all the way in. I smiled at him as he quietly shut my door. He smiled back at me as he sat down next to me on the floor.

“So how was the reunion?” I asked Hanley as Nick began to play with my left hand.

“It sucked. Everyone was on my case about my tattoos and lifestyle. They were just being very uncaring.”

Nick proceeded to fit his fingers into the gaps in between mine.

“I’m sorry. That really sucks. Just don’t take them seriously.” I said as I looked at Nick. He was focusing on our hands.

“Of course I won’t. That’s why I’m coming home.”

I wiggled my fingers as he put his palm up against mine. His hand was much bigger than mine. “Well Hanley, I’m going to go.”

“All right, Babe.”

“Text me your flight information tomorrow.”

“I will. Bye, Love.”

I smiled slightly, “Bye.” I clicked ‘end’ then looked at Nick who looked back at me.

“Hanley called?” He asked.

“Yeah. She’s coming home tomorrow. She’s just going to fly into Vegas.” I said. “I hope that’s okay.”

He nodded. “It’s fine. She’s your best friend, after all.”

We were silent as he continued to play with my hand.

“So, Sawyer, I was wondering...” He paused nervously, still looking down at our hands. “if... you...” He stalled.

“If I?” I repeated, extended the “I.”

“If you’d like to... bemygirlfriend.” He said quickly then looked up at me with hope in his green eyes.

My heart skipped a beat and my mouth opened a little bit. I was definitely not expecting that. I smiled nonetheless. “Yeah.”

A smile immediately spread across his face and he kissed me. I smiled into the kiss as he brought his hand to my cheek and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He might leave me leaving in a couple of months, but I’m happy and he seems happy. That should be good enough for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hai very boring short chapter that I'm not fond of at all. :/
Whatever.
Sorry it took like a week to get this out. I was really busy with school and shit like that.
In other news, I'm seeing The Academy Is... on Thursday and I'm super stoked. I was supposed to go see Cobra Starship on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show tonight, but LA decided it wanted to rain, so they moved it inside and you have to be 18 for that. Lamesauce.

Thanks to my three commenters. :] You guys make me day when you comment. I seriously get so stoked when people comment this because this story is like my baby.
So continue to comment. :D

Title credit: Sweat and Bones by Rachael Cantu
Go check out her music. myspace.com/rachaelcantu