Status: three out of three

After the Rain

3/3

Zacky sat in his computer chair, leaning back, with his hands behind his head.
He wanted to kick his own ass for being such a douche to Carrie. Why did he care about impressing Brian?
Why did he have to open his mouth and tell him something so private?
Zacky flipped his phone open and shut, nearly memorizing the apology texts he had sent Carrie within the forty eight hours of the party.
She never responded.
He ran his hands harshly down his face, taking a loud exhale.
Zacky could hear the rain furiously pounding at his window. That made him smile a bit, but it faded when he thought about her.
Carrie was right. He was an asshole, and he would be the first to admit it.
What Zacky did hit him so hard, even the rain couldn't cheer him up. He got up from his chair, and slid the shades open just a bit. He saw that her shades were closed, and the light was on.
Zacky sighed, knowing what reason they were shut. He fiddled with the back of his lip rings, and re-sent his text message, praying she would respond.
Even if she cursed him out or yelled at him via text, it would make him feel a bit better that she knew he was sorry.
Hell, that was the only emotion he was feeling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carrie sat on the end of her bed, dealing with a leg cramp that made her bones feel like they were gonna shatter. She winced in pain as the the cramp ran up her leg, and up to her stomach.
This happened almost every night. It had gotten worse since what Zacky did at the party.
Carrie had tried to forget about it, but it always preyed on her mind.
She opened her phone, and reviewed all of the text messages Zacky sent her to apologize.
Carrie always clapped the phone shut in fury, but deep down, she wanted to forgive him. She wanted to embrace him tightly with as much strength as she had.
She sighed, and chucked her phone behind her.
Carrie couldn't forget how warm and comfortable Zacky had made her felt. He was beautiful, and yet, his little stunt made her disgusted.
Carrie heard her phone vibrate behind her, so she opened it.
Zacky.
She slightly rolled her eyes, and opened it. Her mouth slowly opened as the words were clear in her eyes.
Carrie. I'm rlly srry for what i did. i wanted to say that ur prob sick of hearing this, but i cant say it enough.
please, forgive me.
Carrie huffed, and closed the phone. She was about to lay down, until she heard footsteps coming towards her room. The door slowly opened, and it was Fred.
"Hey, wanna do me a huge favor?"
Carrie sighed, and smiled at her brother.
"I guess."
"I left my hockey gloves in the car. Wanna get them for me? I'm in the middle of a project."
Carrie laughed at her brother's laziness, and yet, agreed.
"Thanks, sis. Your the best!"
Fred yelled as he walked down the stairs, making Carrie shake her head in amusement.
She opened the front door, and sighed. She loved the rain, but something about it tonight made her depressed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zacky slipped his hoodie on, and he threw an Angels baseball cap on to cover his messy hair.
He had to talk to Carrie. Whether it be in person, or on the phone.
He was ready.
Zacky walked down the stairs, knowing his mother wasn't home, and he walked outside.
His heart almost burst as he saw Carrie walk from her house to a car in her driveway. He watched her bend over carefully as she grabbed something from the backseat.
Zacky sighed, and started walking. As he got closer, he could already feel her in his arms.
"Carrie."
His sudden voice intrusion made her jump, and turn around. Her eyes quickly narrowed at him.
"What do you want, Zacky?"
He bit his lip as Carrie kept her glare on him.
"You didn't answer my text messages."
Carrie sighed, and Zacky started feeling embarrassed.
"I can't believe you would do something like that."
"Carrie, please. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I would kill anyone who would even think of hurting you!"
By now, his voice was louder, trying to get his voice out over the rain. She just stood there, hockey gloves in hand, and crossed her arms.
"You say that, but based on past events, I don't think I could trust you."
With that, she turned, and started walking towards the house. Zacky quickly ran his hand against his chest, and took a deep breathe.
"I love you!"
Carrie stopped in her tracks, and slowly turned around. Her eyes were big, and Zacky felt like his stomach was going to fall out of his ass.
"What did you say?"
Zacky stood in his place, as Carrie looked at him from her porch.
"You heard me."
She kept her stare on his face as he didn't blink.
Zacky started getting nervous as none of them spoke.
"Are you serious?"
Zacky took his hands out of his pockets, and put them on his chest.
"I've never been more serious in my life."
Carrie dropped the gloves by her side, as Zacky stood in place, waiting for a response.
He got it when Carrie sprinted down the stairs, and their lips crashed together for the first time.
Zacky quickly wrapped his arms around Carrie's body as the rain pounded on both of them.
He felt her grip him tighter like he was going to fall, and he held her closer, their lips never parting.
"I love you, too."
Zacky smiled at her, and placed his hand on her cheek.
"I'm sorry."
Carrie closed her eyes and nodded.
"I forgive you."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carrie slipped her hoodie on, and shoved her feet into a pair of old Etnies.
She ran her hand through her hair, hoping the stress and pain would depart by the time she was back inside.
She opened the front door, and saw the rain pound against everything it came in contact with. For once in her life, the rain made her miserable.
The minute the rain touched her skin, she wished all of her pain and anguish would leave with the tiny droplets.
She opened the car door, and reached across to the back seat. The hockey gloves laid untouched on the interior, and she smiled in triumph as she shut the door.
"Carrie."
She heard his voice, and jumped. Carrie turned around, and she immediately narrowed her eyes on him.
"What do you want, Zacky?"
She watched as Zacky bit his lip in nervousness, and she wanted to hear.
"You didn't answer my text messages."
Carrie sighed, and her heart beat faster as he got closer. Her mind immediately went back to the party, and she remembered why she never answered.
"I can't believe you would do something like that."
"Carrie, please. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I would kill anyone who would even think of hurting you!"
The volume of Zacky's voice got louder as he walked closer. Carrie stood there, and took every word to heart. Maybe that was a mistake.
"You say that, but based on past events, I don't think I could trust you."
After the words left her lips, she turned around, and started walking up her walkway. She made it to the porch, and was about to open the door until she heard it.
"I love you!"
Carrie stopped in her tracks, and slowly turned back around to face Zacky. He stood there, looking shocked at himself.
"What did you say?"
He stood firmly, while Carrie was anxious for an answer, making sure her ears were correct.
"You heard me."
She kept her stare on his face. His face was pin straight.
None of them spoke, and Carrie felt more than awkward.
"Are you serious?"
She watched as Zacky took his hands out of his pockets, and put one on his heart.
"I've never been more serious in my life."
Immediately, Carrie knew she felt the same. She dropped the hockey gloves, smiled.
She jumped down the stairs, and immediately crashed her lips against his. Carrie felt her bones and muscles thrash in pain, but that wasn't what she worried about. Her focus was Zacky's chapped lips on her wet ones.
She felt his grip tighten as she tightened hers. The last thing Carrie wanted was for Zacky to go anywhere.
Their lips parted for the shortest second, so Carrie could tell him.
"I love you, too."
Zacky smiled at her, and placed his hand on her cheek.
"I'm sorry."
Carrie closed her eyes and nodded.
"I forgive you."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After Carrie brought the gloves into her brother, Zacky waited outside for her.
When she came out, he felt like a million dollars.
Carrie automatically wrapper her arm around his waist as Zacky wrapped his arm around hers.
They just stood there, staring at each other.
"Zacky."
He closed his eyes at the sound of her voice saying his name.
"Hm?"
Zacky opened his eyes, and watched as Carrie leaned her head against his chest.
"What's gonna happen?"
He furrowed his brows at the top of her head, and she slowly looked up.
"What do you mean?"
He felt nervous and scared at an answer she might give him.
"After the rain? We won't see each other as much since..you know. You can't go outside."
Zacky smiled in relief, and kissed her lips passionately.
"Baby, a thing such as the sun is not gonna stop me."
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it!
comments please!