Status: Finished!

Feel That Fire

She Wants to Ride the Bull at the Rodeo

“Hadley Grace and Evan James! Stop running around the pool!” Jasmine scolded the five year olds as they chased each other around the pool. The women were gathered on the patio and the men were goofing off in the pool with the kids. Currently, a good game of Marco Polo was going on in the pool.

Emmalyn sat quietly holding her four month old daughter, Lily Brianne. The infant was the spitting image of her mother except for her eyes. She had her father’s eyes. Brian had been so excited to have a daughter. When they had the ultrasound that confirmed she was a girl, he actually cried he was so happy. The day that Lily was born, Brian had been unusually quiet, but when the doctor placed Lily in his arms, tears of joy ran down his face. All Emmalyn could do was laugh at him as she cried herself. He was so emotional and sappy when it came to their children.

Jimmy and Dani had another baby when Evan was three. Emily Danielle Sullivan was the perfect blend of her parents with Jimmy’s blue eyes and Dani’s skin tone. Her dark brown hair hung in ringlets around her cherub face.

Zacky and Blair’s twin boys, Jayden Gage and Hunter Scott, had just turned three a few weeks ago. They were born exactly two months after Grayson. Jayden looked more like Blair with his different colored eyes, while Hunter looked more like his father. Emmalyn smiled at Blair who was sitting next to her holding Ansley Nicole, who was born three days before Lily. The dark haired, green-eyed baby was the spitting image of Zacky.

Jasmine was trying to feed her eighteen month old, Parker Charles. He was too busy watching his dad chase his sister and kept squealing for his father. Parker looked so much like Matt it was scary sometimes. He even had Matt’s dimples and smile.

Johnny and Liz had gotten married a few months after Grayson was born, and announced they were expecting at their wedding. Seven months later Chloe Jean made her entrance into the world. With her milk chocolate skin and brown eyes, she looked exactly like Liz. Emmalyn glanced at Liz to see her holding two month old Katelyn, who was asleep at the moment. Katelyn looked more like Johnny than her older sister, which cracked everyone up because Johnny insisted that she looked nothing like him.

“Mommy! Save me!” an excited Grayson yelled as he ran from Jimmy was threatening him with the tickle monster. Before Emmalyn could reply, Grayson’s hero stepped in to save the day. Brian scooped his son into his arms and held him tightly.

“I’ll save you, Grayson! Jimmy step away from my son!” Brian exclaimed grinning at his best friend. Jimmy decided to chase after Zacky’s boys instead. Brian made his way over to his wife and daughter.

“How’s she doing?” he asked quietly. He sat in the chair next to her and situated Grayson on his lap. Lily had been sick with a cold and Brian worried over her constantly. He would get up numerous times in the middle of the night just to make sure she was still breathing.

“She’s fine, baby. She should be waking up soon,” Emmalyn said as she smiled at her husband. Even after four years of marriage, he still made her heart race with just a look. It had always amazed her how life managed to work out for them. It was like there was some sort of predestined plan that had been written out in a book long before they were born. Emmalyn knew without a shadow of a doubt that Brian was her soul mate and they were meant for each other. He was a remarkable man who continuously amazed her with his compassion, love, and affection. Brian was the best father she could ever hope for her children to have. He was attentive, helpful, and nurturing. Their children were the luckiest kids in the world.

As she watched her family and friends laugh and enjoy each other’s company, she sent up a silent thank you to God. All of these people were true blessings in her life and she couldn’t imagine her life without them.

“Hey, Emmalyn! Girls night this coming Friday! We’re going to the Rodeo! You know what that means!” Blair exclaimed with a smile. Emmalyn’s face curved into an identical smile.

“It’s time to ride the bull again!” she replied. Brian’s eyebrows shot up and he laughed loudly as he remembered the first time he’d seen her ride that bull. That night had been the start of their relationship. It had been the first time they had truly felt that fire for each other, but rest assured it was definitely not the last.

Every time she smiled at him, held one of their children, made to love to him, or even looked at him, Brian knew with all his heart that they were going to feel that fire of love for the rest of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last one...

Thank you all for reading, subscribing, and commenting!!!!

New story...Going Under