Status: active: updates may take a while due to school work

Unintended

Act XI: Invincible

The warm sun shining in through my bedroom window woke me the next morning, making me curse aloud for not drawing the blinds last night. A dull ache in my head pecked away at my forehead, making me snuggle closer into the pillow my arms were currently wrapped around. It felt different from a pillow though. It was warmer and had a heartbeat, which couldn't be possible since inanimate objects weren't alive.

My eyes shot open, quickly glancing down at a pale chest my head was currently resting on. I looked up slowly, carefully not make sudden movements, and saw Matt's calm, slumbering face next to mine, his mouth slightly open as his chin rested on top of my head. He was still in deep sleep; arms wrapped around my body as all the memories of the previous night came flooding back to me in an instant. For confirmation, I pulled the sheets of my bed up a little, peeking down at our naked bodies underneath and groaned quietly, wondering how I got myself into this mess.

I allowed myself to rest comfortably against his chest, staring straight at the wall in front of me as I thought of the previous activities that led us to this point. For weeks, sexual tension had been building up but I thought I was the only one that held that type of feelings. I didn't think Matt was interested in anything more than a friendship with me, which was what we agreed on in the first place. After last night, I still wasn't sure what he wanted. To him, this could've been another one-night mistake like he had two weeks earlier when we kissed, though, this was more than just a stupid kiss.

Last night was wonderful. I thought it would be a little awkward, especially since we had basically just jumped into bed together without much conversation but in the end, it didn't really matter. I guess some things are just better left unsaid in the heat of the moment. I could feel the corners of my mouth turning upward into a smile as I remembered the feeling of his lips leaving soft, wet trails of kisses down my body or the way his fingers tangled themselves in my hair. It was really a night of unimaginable bliss but now, with the bright sun shining in through the window, the night was officially over.

I wasn't sure what would happen to us now once he woke up. Part of me wanted to try and crawl out of this bed and leave before he woke, just so he wouldn't tell me that everything was just another mistake. The other part of me couldn't seem to part from him. I wanted to remain snuggled up to his warm body as long as I possibly could, knowing I would probably never experience such heaven again once he woke up from his sleep. Every part of me was torn with what I wanted to do and what I should do, making me curse myself for not considering these thoughts in greater detail last night before just going with my emotions.

I glanced over at the bedside table closest to Matt, noticing my alarm clock read 9:24 and sighed. I was just happy that neither of us had to go in for work today otherwise I'm sure we would've been fairly late. Matt's body shifted underneath me a bit as I went back to staring at the wall in front of me, startling me since I thought he might be awake. I heard him say something along the lines of 'bloody sunshine', signaling he had started to wake for sure. Instead of letting him know I was awake as well, I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep just to have a little bit longer with him. I wasn't ready to face any type of conversation about us right now.

Matt's arms tightened around my body, pulling me closer to him. I felt him placing a gentle kiss on the top of my head and sigh, rubbing my bare shoulder. A few moments later, I felt him move again, this time towards the direction of the alarm clock, most likely to check the time. When he finally relaxed back into place, his mobile started going off; his ringer muffled a bit by the material of his pants.

"Bollocks," he cursed quietly.

With another heavy sigh, he quickly lifted my body off of him and placed me beside him, caressing my cheek. He threw the blankets off his body and started scrambling around for his clothing on the floor. I opened my eyes enough to see that he had slipped on his light blue boxers. I could hear the ringer of his phone, which happened to be the chorus to the song 'I Touch Myself' by The Divinyls, almost making me laugh loudly. Finally, Matt found his pants and flipped open his phone as I shut my eyes and resumed sleeping.

"Dom, what have I told you about changing the ringer of my mobile?" Matt said, scolding Dom quietly on the phone. "No, that's not what I do when I'm thinking about you. You have quite the opposite effect on me and my thoughts."

I felt the bed shift a bit so I took another peek, seeing Matt's back facing me as he sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing his already messy bed head. I was so tempted to reach out and pull him back down into bed but then I remembered I was still playing possum. Instead, I decided to try and listen to the conversation as I thought of some strategy for the impending conversation.

"Why are you asking me why I'm awake at this time of morning? You woke me up with your phone call, you prat!" Matt said through a laugh. "You're lucky the call didn't wake Gabriella… yeah, I'm with her… no, I'm not gonna answer that… make any assumption you want but I'm not gonna admit anything… if she heard you say that, she would probably smack you in the face… you don't need to know everything that occurs between Gabriella and me… no, that wasn't an admission to anything… God you need to get a life, or a girlfriend… was there a specific reason for this call?" Matt asked in exasperation after a few moments of idle chat.

With the way he refused to talk to Dom about why he was here with me, I wondered if he didn't want Dom knowing what exactly happened last night or if he wasn't going to divulge any information while I was in the room, still "sleeping" for all he knew. I was a little concerned about some of the things I heard but since it was only one side of the conversation taking place, I knew I couldn't really make any judgments about what Matt was saying, though I was curious about the things Dom had said.

"I would prefer not to but we can… no, I don't have plans later but I don't exactly want to spend another night in the studio… can't it wait until tomorrow?" he asked hopefully. "What does Chris say about this… you didn't even ask him?! Ask him first and then ask me again. If he says no then the majority has overruled your decision… alright, call me later, yeah?" Matt said after a few more moments of chat.

I heard the electronic beep of his phone as he ended the call and another loud sigh. Deciding that now would probably be the best time to wake from my "sleep" and talk to him. I groaned a little bit while I stretched, opening my eyes to find Matt twisting around to get a better look at me. I sat up, holding the sheet close around my body and gave him a little smile, suddenly feeling rather self-conscious.

"Good morning," I said quietly, looking down at my lap.

"Morning. Did I wake you?" Matt asked with concern, sitting next to me on the bed, our arms touching one another.

I shook my head, "No, you didn't."

"That's good to hear," he replied, clearing his throat a bit as he spoke.

A few minutes passed and an awkward silence seemed to settle between us. I kept my hands in my lap, fiddling around with some of the dirt from underneath my index finger as Matt shifted a bit next to me. I couldn't bring myself to look at him now, unsure of how to start this awkward conversation. There was no easy way of jumping into this type of conversation and starting it off wrong could spark the wrong idea or meaning behind it. I let out a small sigh, unable to stand much of the awkwardness between us and decided to just say something about it.

"About last night…"

We both looked at each other for a moment, pausing when we realized we had started talking at the same time. I giggled a bit; Matt joining in as well as we looked away once again. It reminded me of those romantic comedies I would used to watch on television where the couple had a cute moment that showed how similar their thoughts were. I just wondered if Matt's conclusion of that sentence matched what I was going to say to him.

"You first," I said nervously, glancing at Matt.

"No, it's ok. You can go," Matt offered, his voice sounding rather shaky as well.

"No, it's fine. I actually forgot what I was really gonna say," I lied, not wanting to speak.

"Oh, alright," he said, nodding. He cleared his throat once again before looking at me, his blue eyes studying the features of my face very carefully. "I was just gonna say that last night was-"

"I don't want anybody else. When I think about you, I touch myself. Oh, I don't want anybo-"

"What Dom?" Matt said in annoyance, answering his phone.

I bit my lower lip, trying to hold back the laughter of the situation. Though I was eager to know what the rest of Matt's interrupted sentence was, it seemed rather appropriate for Dom to call in the middle of something rather important. I could imagine him at Chris's wedding, right before the 'I dos', doing something that would disrupt the ceremony. He seemed like the kind of person that always just ruined those types of special moments. It made me laugh that he had become a part of this morning as well.

"Don't tell me that you called me just to tell me that Chris wasn't answering his phone! I told you to call me once you've spoken with him… yes, I'm busy… no, none of that… we're in the middle of something… get you mind out of the gutter… whoa, just stop now! I don't want to hear any more of that verbal pornography. Call me back when you actually speak to Chris," Matt said, shutting his phone and tossing it onto the floor with his pants.

Once Matt was off the phone, I finally let out the laughter I had been holding back, burying my face into my hands and doubling over. Matt started laughing as well, shaking his head at me as I peeked at him through my fingers.

"Well, he sure does know how to ruin a conversation," Matt said through his laughter.

"That ringtone… so funny… Dom is a genius… for picking that… moment to call," I said between laughter.

"Oi, it's not that funny," Matt said, pushing my shoulder a bit.

"I'm sorry but that was a pretty brilliant moment to choose to call," I said, wiping the tears that fell from laughing so hard as my laughter died down.

"He'll be thrilled to know he made you laugh like this," Matt said, shaking his head with a goofy grin on his face. We looked at each other once again, the atmosphere between us turning awkward and serious once again as we gazed into each other's eyes. Matt rubbed the back of his neck, clearing his throat a bit, "So, what was I saying before?"

"Um, you were saying something about last night when Dom interrupted you," I replied shakily, nervously fiddling with my fingers in my lap as I cast my eyes away from him.

"Oh right," Matt said as if the light bulb had gone off in his mind.

The next thing I knew, he started shooting off at ninety miles a minute without much of a pause for a breath.

"I was just going to say that last night- well, what I mean to say is what happened last night- between us, was wonderful and I'm glad it happened. I'm not saying that there has to be anymore if you don't feel the same way but I've fancied you for quite some time now and was worried about it being awkward between us- though now I imagine it would be even more awkward since I just admitted to liking you, which may be totally different than how you feel, but now, what do we do? Do you just want to continue being friends- though it was really hard for me to just be your friend before, or is it going to be too weird now that we've slept together, unless you want to be friends who sleep together? Not that I'm saying you're that kind of person at all, I'm just saying, it's one of those things that friends have sometimes as an arrangement- but we don't have to if you don't want to. What I mean to say is- oh fuck, I'm just making an idiot out of myself this way."

"Whoa there," I said, holding up my hands to stop him from continuing on with his scrambled thoughts. "Slow down a second Matt. I don't think I've heard you speak so fast before," I laughed.

"Sorry," he mumbled, seeming a little embarrassed.

I smiled, leaning forward and placing a sweet kiss on his stubbly cheek, which made him jump slightly as my lips made contact with his skin. I pulled away slowly, glancing up at his astonished eyes and laughed again, placing one of my hands on the cheek I kissed.

"I really enjoyed last night as well," I said confidently.

"You did?" he asked unsurely.

I nodded, "Yes Matt. You're not the only one that's fancied someone for a while."

"Wait, are you saying you've liked me too?" Matt asked.

"I thought it was rather obvious given the fact I pounced on you last night," I replied with an embarrassed laugh.

"So if I were to ask you if you'd like to be my girlfriend, then you would say...?" Matt asked curiously, waiting for me to fill in the place about what I would say.

"I would say yes," I said slowly as the grin on his face grew wider.

"You would? You would really be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"God, you sound like a prep school guy who just asked out the most popular girl in school to the school social," I laughed, shaking my head. I placed my hand in his, lacing our fingers together and smiled, "I would love to be your girlfriend Matt, especially if it meant I was allowed to kiss you."

"Oh then you'll definitely like being my girlfriend," he said, pulling me closer for a kiss.

Right as our faces became inches away, I placed my free hand between them, Matt's lips touching my palm. He looked at me curiously, wondering why I stopped him as I pulled away from him a bit. I put my hand back down and laughed.

"As much as I want to kiss you right now, I have a feeling that we should probably brush our teeth before we do any kissing," I said sensibly.

"Good thought," Matt smiled, grabbing my wrist and yanking me out of bed, the bed sheet tightly clamped to my body by my free hand. "The sooner we brush, the sooner I get to snog you."

Matt released my wrist as we got to the bathroom, immediately grabbing the unopened toothbrush from my medicine cabinet and putting a bit of the toothpaste on the end. I wrapped the sheet around my body more securely, tucking the corner in so it would stay put before grabbing my own toothbrush. We spent the next couple of minutes, stealing glances at one another and brushing our teeth. Matt managed to sneak a quick, minty paste peck on my lips when I wasn't paying attention, making me giggle as toothpaste smeared his mouth a bit. He pointed to the mirror, which showed that I also had some toothpaste smeared around my mouth as well.

Matt finished brushing his teeth before me, growing rather impatient when I was still scrubbing away. Deciding to tease him a bit more, I slowed my brush strokes down a bit more as he glared at me. Shaking my head at him, I quickly rinsed my mouth and ran out of the bathroom, hopping onto the bed and pulling the large duvet cover over my head.

"So now you're trying to run away from my kisses?" Matt said teasingly, hopping onto the bed next to me.

I pulled the blanket down, revealing my face and laughed, "No, I just wanted to get in bed first before you kissed me again."

Matt smiled, leaning in close to me and placing his lips on mine. This kiss tingled a bit from the leftover mint on our lips but felt completely perfect. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his body closer to me as his held my hip through the duvet. Somehow, this kiss felt different to me because I knew how he felt about me. Now it wasn't just some drunken mistake the night before. It was a boyfriend kissing his new girlfriend in bed. I don't think I've ever felt so much happiness in my life than I did right at that moment, knowing I was Matthew Bellamy's girlfriend.

"I don't want anybody else. When I think about you, I touch myself. Oh, I don't want anybody else. When I think about you I touch myself."

"Fuckin' hell Dom!" Matt cursed against my lips.

Matt pulled away from me, groaning in frustration and annoyance at Dom's disruptive phone call while I laughed. He looked down at the floor where his phone lie and then just rolled back over, capturing my lips with his once again. I pulled away, looking at him questioningly as the phone kept looping the same lines over and over again.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" I asked.

"I'm not letting Dom ruin another moment," Matt said intently.

"I think he already did the moment he decided to pick that ringtone for himself on your phone," I giggled.

Matt dropped his head on my chest, burying his face in the duvet cover and groaning loudly. I just patted the back of his head comfortingly as the ringtone stopped; meaning Dom had either given up or just let the call go to voicemail. Matt continued to halfway lay on top of me, defeated while I poked his shoulder.

"It stopped ringing Matt," I said quietly. "You can come up now. I think it's safe."

"You don't know for sure. He may try to call again," Matt said into the duvet, muffling his voice and making it difficult to understand.

"If he calls again, we'll ignore it," I said reassuringly. "Now I want to kiss you properly, which I can't do if you're planning to keep your face buried in the blankets covering my bosoms."

He lifted his face slowly, looking at me with childish blue eyes and a tiny grin. He leaned forward and kissed me once again as his fingers found their way to my messy hair. I wrapped my arms around his neck once again, pulling him closer to me as he deepened the kiss, lightly brushing his minty-fresh tongue against my lower lip. I allowed him further access to my mouth, letting out a small moan as his fingertips grazed the outline of my neck while he curled my hair in his fingers.

After nearly ten minutes of intense making out, we pulled away from each other, breathless and gasping for air. He rested his head on my chest, his fingers still twirling strands of my hair as my hand ran up and down the length of his bare arm. It was rather comfortable lying together like this, almost as if we had been a couple for a long time and this was just another morning wasted away in bed together. I liked the feeling of being this close to Matt. It was the missing piece of our relationship and now that I had found it, I wasn't planning on letting it go.

"It's a good thing the both of us had the day off today," Matt said after a moment, glancing at the alarm clock on the other side of the bed, "otherwise, we'd both be in trouble."

"Especially since I don't really want to get out of this bed," I replied.

"What about breakfast? I know you'll get hungry eventually and then you'll be forced out of the bed since you don't have a kitchen in your bedroom," Matt pointed out.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," I said.

Matt shifted a bit, looking up at me with a serious expression. I was slightly worried about it, wondering if he decided that this relationship wasn't a good idea anymore. I was afraid that he suddenly regretted everything he said before about us being together.

"So, you're sure that you want to be with me then?" he asked. "Cuz I know we've said that we've got really busy schedules and everything- what, with your rehearsals for the play and my recording the new album, but I really want to try and make this work between us. When we became friends at first, I didn't expect to actually start to fall for you but you kinda turned out to be my unintended I guess- which is really cheesy, I know, to use a line from my own song, but it's true. All I'm trying to say is that I want this to work, no matter what because I could really see myself falling in deep with you."

"Matt," I said once he stopped talking, sighing a bit before speaking again, "you really need to stop speaking any thought that just pops into your head while you're in the middle of another. It's hard to keep track of what you're talking about."

"I tend to do that a lot, don't I?" he asked with a laugh.

I nodded, "Yes you do but it's cute," I said, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "And to answer your question, yes, I'm sure I want to be your girlfriend. I know it's going to be hard, especially with our conflicting schedules, but we'll make it work somehow. We managed to get to this point with busy schedules so I have faith we can be together. All I'm thinking about now is when Carolina finds out about this, it'll be all over the papers once again, for real this time," I admitted honestly.

"Do you have to tell her?" he asked, leaning up on his elbows.

"She'll find out eventually, I'm sure," I shrugged. "I just want to know if you're ready for that kind of attention. I mean, you guys are out of the tabloids now, which is a good thing, but once we become public, you guys are gonna be thrown into the spotlight more. I know you like your privacy so I'm just worried about you," I said nervously.

"Gabriella, I know your profession puts you in the limelight a lot more than what I'm used to as a guitar-geek in a band but I want to be with you, regardless of whether or not I lose a little more of my privacy. Don't worry about that. I can handle it," he replied, placing another sweet kiss on my lips.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" I asked, pulling away from him.

"Good question. Let me know if you ever work the answer out," he grinned.

I laughed, shaking my head at him before giving him another kiss. I really did wonder though, how did I ever manage to meet someone so wonderful when I never had time for anything outside of work? Meeting Matthew Bellamy at the bar that night was the greatest thing to happen to me. I just hoped that more good times lay ahead for the two of us now that we've decided to be together. I knew it wasn't going to be easy on either of us.

"I don't want anybody else. When I think about you, I touch myself. Oh, I don't want anybody else. When I think about you I touch myself."

"God dammit Dom!" Matt yelled loudly, making me giggle at his outburst.

I had a feeling a lot of our moments would turn out to be interrupted just like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that's commented, subscribed, and read this story so far, especially the commenters. I'm glad to know you're enjoying it so far.

So, this one was finished quickly and I'm quite proud of myself for that. Hopefully the next one will be up by Tuesday at the latest.... but we'll see. =]

Enjoy.