Still so Young - Desperate for Attention

Chapter Eight.

---

Ryan

---

“You’re not doing anything this weekend.” Ryan’s mom snapped when she picked him up.

“I know,” He sighed.

“Wait,” His mom said, turning his face towards her before groaning.

“George,” She groaned, starting to open the car door and head back inside.

“No, mom, it was a guy at school.” Ryan cut her off.

His mom paused giving him a hard look.

“I’m serious.” He said.

“Don’t get into any more fights.” She snapped, closing the door and starting the car.

---

Ryan got out of the car as they arrived and greeted Spencer.

“I said nothing.” His mom snapped.

“But mom, We’ve had this sleepover planned forever!” Ryan argued wide eyed.

She sighed loudly before, “Fine.”

Ryan smirked, his mom was never hard to convince.

“But you’re staying inside, no going out and partying.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Ryan and Spencer chirped at the same time, before hurrying into Spencer’s house.

“Dude, that kid got you good.” Spencer whistled, looking at Ryan’s face.

“Yeah,” Ryan laughed a bit, “But anyway, what do you have to eat?”

“Everything, dad just went to the grocery.”

“Your father is a great man.” Ryan said, pulling open the pantry door and grabbing a few bags of chips.

“Hey, you know Alex and everyone?” Spencer asked.

“Who?” Ryan laughed.

“Y’know. We talked to them a few times.”

“Oh, those guys that are all named Alex?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah, they all transferred to Palo Verde.”

“When?” Ryan squinted.

“Just the other day. So, there’s your new best friends. No more Brent.”

“Yes!” Ryan cheered, laughing.

“Ryan!” A familiar voice rang.

“Hey, Ginger.” Ryan greeted, turning and smiling at her.

Her smile dropped a bit when she saw him, “Oh, honey,” She shook her head, “What happened?”

“Oh, I got on this kid at school’s bad side.” Ryan shrugged.

“Well, stay away from him.” She advised, patting his back.

“Alright.” Ryan nodded.

“Hey, wanna watch a movie?” Spencer offered, as they headed up the stairs.

“Waterboy?” Ryan asked.

“If you can find it.” Spencer said, pointing towards his messy bookshelf.

“Wait, where’s my dog?” Ryan asked glancing around.

“About that…” Spencer started.

“Spencer James Smith, if you lost my dog, I will kill you brutally.” Ryan said seriously.

“No, no!” Spencer laughed, “No, she peed on the floor, so mom put her in the laundry room.”

“Hey, you’re the one that wanted to keep her.” Ryan laughed.

Spencer rolled his eyes.

---

An hour later they were lying across Spencer’s bed, watching ‘Waterboy’ with Hobo at the end, and all three bags of chips open.

“We should drop out of school and do this every day.” Ryan sighed, grabbing another handful of chips.

“Yes, because out parents would be all for that.” Spencer said, rolling his eyes.

“You’re such a downer.” Ryan laughed.

---

Brendon

---

“Brendon?” Mrs. Urie called.

“What?” He returned dully, highlighting another sentence in ‘Hamlet’.

“Come downstairs and eat.” She returned.

“I’m not very hungry!” He called back, flipping the page.

“Brendon Boyd, get down here and eat!”

“Fine.” He grumbled to himself, putting his bookmark in and heading downstairs.

“What are you doing up there?” His mom asked.

“Finding stuff to cite in my paper for Hamlet.”Brendon shrugged, sitting down at the table.

“That paper isn’t due for two months Brendon, you haven’t even needed to finish the book yet.” She sighed.

“I know.” He shrugged, “Just wanted to get a head start.”

His mom rolled her eyes and they started eating.

“Are you doing anything tonight, Kara?” His mom asked.

“I may go to Mark’s game, it should be good tonight.” Kara shrugged.

“What about you, Brendon?”

“I don’t know.” Brendon shrugged, “I think I’ll stay in.”

Brendon’s mom rolled her eyes again before, “Will, you want to do anything tonight?”

Brendon glanced at Will, whose brow was furrowed as he thought.

“I want Brendon t-to play his guitar.” Will said nervously. Brendon’s glance changed to surprise.

Before Brendon could say anything there was a knock on the door.

“Brendon,” His mom sighed, “Will you get that?”

Brendon stood up going to the door.

“Brendon,” Greta sighed, “We’re here to kidnap you, because Gabe thinks that you’re beating yourself up, and Vicky and I think it’s ridiculous. So, you can put up a fight, but naturally, that would only get Gabe over here and he’s bigger than you. It would be very easy for him to carry you to the car.”

“What?” Brendon squinted, glancing out to see an unfamiliar car in his driveway.

“I’m supposed to get Will as well, so…” Greta trailed off glancing in the house.

“We’re kind of all eating dinner.” Brendon said slowly.

“Come on.” Greta said.

Brendon sighed before going down the hall, “Will, come here for a second.”

“Brendon,” Mrs. Urie started.

“No, mom, just hold on.”

Will got up and tripped over his chair, but managed to catch himself on the table, hurrying over towards Brendon. His eyes lit up when he saw Greta, and Brendon quickly clapped a hand over his mouth, making a quiet, ‘sh’ noise.

The stepped onto the porch and closed the door as quietly as possible.

“We’re going out.” Brendon said to Will, pulling him towards the awaiting car, and keeping a hand over his mouth.

“I’ll tell mom.” Will said, turning back towards the door.

“Wait, wait.” Brendon said, “It’s a secret.”

“A secret?” Will squinted.

“No, no, a surprise. I’ll tell you all about it in the car.”

“Oh,” Will said, expression changing from confusion to excitement as he and Brendon headed to the car, getting in the back.

“Hola, Querido!” Gabe said, “Glad you could make it.”

“Never call me ‘Dear’ again.” Brendon told him, expression blank.

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Gabe stated seriously, matching his expression.

“Brendon, he said ku-re-do, not dear.” Will laughed before glancing up a the front of the car, “Hi, Jon!”

“Hey, Will.” Jon smiled, peeking at him through the rear view mirror as he pulled out of the driveway.

“So, what’s the surprise?” Will asked turning towards Brendon.

“Oh,” Brendon said slowly, “Well,” He made a face like he was thinking, “The surprise is that we get to hang out with our friends.” He shrugged finally.

“That’s it?” Will squinted. Brendon nodded.

“Cool.” Will returned, looking less enthusiastic, but not upset.

“Who else is coming?” Brendon asked the car.

“We invited the new guys, so they should all be there, and then Nick, Nate, Vicky-T, and Ryland were the only others that could make it.”

“Who’re the new guys?” Will squinted at Gabe and I.

Greta turned in her seat, “Some new kids moved to our school this week and they’re really cool, they don’t know anyone so they’ve been hanging out with us.”

“Are they nice?”

“Yeah, Will,” Brendon assured, “And one of them has really cool hair.”

“How?” Will asked.

“It’s really big.” Brendon said, for lack of better description.

“That’s what she said!” Gabe chimed as Brendon shot him a glare. Will laughed, not really understanding the joke-thank goodness-, but knowing that that’s what you’re supposed to do when someone says that.

“Where are we going?” Will asked, and Brendon realized he hadn’t even thought of that.

“We were going to go see that new movie with George Clooney and Orlando Bloom.” Greta said dreamily.

“Oh, the one where they’re long lost stepbrothers?” Gabe put in.

“I thought it was just long lost brothers.” Jon said.

“I never understood if it was supposed to be a comedy or a drama.” I squinted.

“I think it’s a funny drama.” Jon put in, glancing at me through the rear view mirror.

“But they totally stole the pet llama from Napoleon Dynamite.” Greta said and we all launched into another discussion.

---

Ryan

---

“What do you boys want for breakfast?” Ryan heard a quiet voice bring him to consciousness. He squinted, rolling over and waking up to see Mrs. Smith poking her head in the door.

“Ryan, what do you want for breakfast?” She repeated glancing at him.

“Whatever you want to make is fine.” He mumbled, clearing his throat.

“Oh, you’re such a sweetheart. You want to move in and take Spencer’s place?” She offered. Ryan smiled cheekily.

“Hey!” Spencer protested, waking up, “And I want waffles with Log Cabin syrup, not the sugar free junk, mom.” He sighed, “Oh, and sausage. Patties not links.”

“And you wonder why I want Ryan to move in.” She sighed, before nodding, “Alright, Ryan, is that alright?”

“Yeah.” He muttered, eyes still heavy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so, first thing first. I'm sorry I have not posted in FOREVER.

I've just been really busy, and I probably will continue being really busy for the next 5-9 weeks.

Also, the movie that I mentioned...if any of you figured out, it totally does not exist. First off, George Clooney and Orlando Bloom = Brothers? Step Brothers? Yeah, what kind of movie would that be? :D

That's it.