Still so Young - Desperate for Attention

Chapter Nine.

---

Brendon

---

“See you guys, Later.” I waved as we headed back to the parking lot. Will was walking with Gabe and Greta, when Ian came up beside me.

“Hey, Brendon,” He started. I stopped walking turning to face him, “What’s up?”

“Is Will in the special needs class at school?”

“Yeah,” Brendon nodded, glancing back at where Will was.

“Is it any good?”

I shrugged, “Will’s been in there for a while and he likes it.”

“Okay,” He nodded.

“Why?” I asked.

“Oh, uh, I have a little sister and she has something like autism. We just got a new apartment out here, and my parents were wondering if there were any decent centers or classes out here.” He shrugged.

“Oh, cool,” Brendon nodded, “Well, not cool, but y’know,” He shrugged, “Yeah, I mean, I think that the class at school is pretty good they have a few more for more severe cases. The teachers are really good with them, too. You guys should look into it. How old is she?” Brendon ignored the phone vibrating in his pocket.

“Thirteen, she has Rett Syndrome.”

Brendon nodded, “Yeah, well, my parents will be able to give more information if your parents want to get together sometime.”

“Alright,” Ian nodded, “Thank a lot, man.”

---

“Oh! Brenny!” Gabe teased once they were all back in the car, Brendon in the front seat this time next to Jon. Greta in the back with Gabe and Will.

“Gabey!” Brendon mocked, glancing out the window.

“So, you and Ian?”

“What?” Brendon squinted, glancing at Gabe.

“Oh, don’t play dumb. We saw you guys.” He reached forward poking him in the arm.

“Yeah, we were just talking.” Brendon said, turning back to face the front.

“Well,” Gabe drawled, “It didn’t look like just-”

Brendon pulled out his phone as it vibrated again, flipping it open quickly, “Hello?”

“Brendon, where are you?” Mrs. Urie asked.

“Oh, we’re on our way home, sorry mom.”

“It’s fine.” She sighed, “Be safe.”

Brendon slid the phone back into his pocket and glanced at Jon, “Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” Jon shrugged.

“But seriously,” Gabe started again, “we’ve known that you were gay for like-”

“Not gay.” Brendon cut him off.

“You hate girls!” Gabe interrupted.

“I don’t hate girls. Girls are hot.”

“Okay, so you’d have sex with a girl, but you would never be in a relationship with one, you’re gay.”

“Gabe!” Brendon snapped motioning to Will who looked terrified.

“I just said the word ‘Sex’!” Gabe defended.

“Gabe!” Brendon repeated wide eyed, “Will, sex isn’t an appropriate word.” Brendon told him calmly. Will nodded, not arguing.

“But,” Gabe started in a normal voice before leaning over and cupping a hand around his mouth speaking quietly into Will’s ear for a few moments. Will giggled quietly before Gabe pulled back with an exclamation of, “Those are all perfectly fine words to use!”

“Gabe!” Brendon said, eyes widening even more. Will continued giggling. Greta looked on amused.

“Gabe,” Jon started, “Is it your goal to corrupt the innocent?”

Gabe responded with a quick, “Only the cute ones.” It took Brendon a moment to register what he’d said before Brendon glanced at Gabe to see if he was serious.

“Oh, my gosh.” Brendon groaned leaning forward to put his face in his hands, muffling his words, “My best friend’s turning on me.”

“I’m turning you on?” Gabe asked, “I didn’t know you thought of me that way.”

Brendon just shook his head.

---

Ryan

---

The smell of fried meat slowly brought Ryan to consciousness, and he stretched his arms half heartedly, hand slipping across Spencer’s cheek in the process. Spencer made a groggy sound, before groaning and stretching out on his back. His eyes opened as he started coughing, and Ryan laughed, rolling to the side until he could slip his legs off the bed and onto the floor.

“Shut up.” Spencer snapped, clearing his throat and glancing down at the dog sprawled between his legs, “Someone’s got a new favorite.” He sang, reaching down to pet behind her ears.

“Does not.” Ryan defended, “She just doesn’t want to offend you. She knows that I know her love for me is deep.”

“You’re so weird.” Spencer laughed as the small dog stood up, yowling tiredly before hopping off the bed and curling up in a pile of Spencer’s dirty clothes. Ryan stood up and swayed a bit feeling lightheaded.

“You okay?” Spencer asked.

“Yeah,” Ryan nodded, reaching up and casually rubbing at his chest, right above his heart.

“Breakfast!” Ginger called, “And if I have to come up there, Spencer, I will-”

“We’re coming, Mom!” Spencer cut her off, throwing the blankets off himself and standing up.

---

“Ryan, I’m sorry, we only had a few sausage patties left, so you and Spencer will have to share.” Ginger said.

“That’s okay,” He shrugged, rubbing his eyes and glancing at Spencer, “I’m pretty sure Spencer likes his sausage a little more than me anyway.”

“Shut up!” Spencer cried, going to slap Ryan upside the head. Ryan ducked, and flung a piece of egg at him.

“Boys,” Ginger snapped warningly. They both ducked their heads and continued eating their breakfast.

---

“Dude,” Ryan groaned rubbing his chest, “I ate so much! You’re mom makes the best food in the world.”

“She does.” Spencer nodded from his spot sprawled across the couch, Ryan falling over onto him.

“And now I have to go home, and my mom is going to want to talk to me, but I don’t feel good.” He sighed.

Spencer laughed, “You have to learn to pace yourself. I normally stop after three waffles.”

Ryan looked over at him raising an eyebrow.

“Besides your mom hasn’t even told you a time to be home.”

As if on cue the phone rang.

“That’s so weird.” Spencer muttered, stretching an arm up to feel around on the coffee table for the phone. He grabbed it and handed it to Ryan.

“Why do I have to answer it?” Ryan asked, “What if it’s not my mom?”

Spencer ignored him and pressed the talk button, still holding it to Ryan’s ear. Ryan squeaked before clearing his throat and stating, “Smith residence…No…yes…No!...Why?!....But-…Mom!” Ryan continued in one syllable spurts.

“Hi, Ms. Ross!” Spencer called loud enough for her to hear.

“She says that she hates you.” Ryan stated before going back to listening to his mom. Pulling back the phone when suddenly there were loud noises coming from the other end.

Spencer could only make out a few words mostly, “No, don’t, why,” and in a more annoyed tone, “Ryan.”

“Alright, I’ll be there in a little bit. Okay, Mom!” Ryan groaned, “Bye.”

“Mom said I have to come home.” Ryan mumbled, rolling over and pushing his face into the back of the couch.

Hobo started barking.

---

After thoroughly explaining to his mom that he didn’t feel good and that no he didn’t want to go to the doctor and yes he knew he was going back to his dad’s tomorrow afternoon, he was finally allowed to go up to his room and lay down. He went over to his stereo and turned on a CD that Spencer made for him before laying down.

---

Brendon

---

Gabe came up with this ridiculous plan to wake up at four am and go to McDonald’s for breakfast before school this morning. Since when does Brendon even listen to Gabe?

This is why Brendon is sitting in his car, rubbing his eyes and staring at the closed garage door in front of him trying to wake up. Sighing, he leaned over reaching under the seat to grab one of his CD’s. He popped it in and turned up the bass a bit as the techno beat started up.

He slowly started up the car, pulling out of the driveway and driving slowly due to his still tired haze. The music was slowly waking him up, but his contacts weren’t doing their job this morning, and he had to hit the brake so he could squint and rub his eyes every so often.

He pulled into the parking lot, and could see Gabe leaning against the side of the McDonald’s wearing purple PJ pants with Barney, Baby Bop, and BJ on them. Brendon pulled into the parking spot right in front of him, as an old couple exited the restaurant and started to get in the car next to his.
“I-I-I-I I-I-I-I I…Star. I-I-I-I-I I-I-I I’m a fucking star.” Gabe mocked shaking his hips, “Swerve to the beat drivin’ in my pink car, cause I’m Jeffree star and everyone’s asking what I’m gonna do tonight? …Who I’m gonna do tonight? Do I make you wet? It’s all about the…C-U-N-T.”

“Gabe,” Brendon laughed turning down the music and rolling down the window, too tired to stop him for the sake of the old people looking horrified in the car in the spot next to his, “That’s not even the same song anymore.”

He reached down putting the CD case under the seat, and exiting his car.

“Nice outfit.” Gabe smirked, looking pointedly at his pink plaid pajama bottoms and grey shirt.

“Dude,” Brendon raised an eyebrow, “You’re wearing barney pj pants with a green shirt and a purple hoodie.”

“Touche.” Gabe smirked, “Where’s young William?”

“Also, you’re getting creepy about him.” Brendon told Gabe.

“What? How?”

“He’s two, almost three, years younger than you, and he’s autistic, and he’s my little brother.” Brendon said putting his hands against his own chest, “It’s weird.”

“Hey, when we were six you always sat on my mom’s lap, and you drew her pictures. Plus, you called her by her first name, and you told my dad that when he died you’d take care of her. There’s some more, but I think you remember.”

“Gabe!” Brendon groaned pushing open the door.

“Besides, who ever said I was into Will anyway? Is it so wrong to wonder where you’re little brother is?”

“Yes.” Brendon replied instantly.

---

Brendon regretted going to McDonald’s more and more the longer they were there. He was getting more tired as more time passed. Finally he got up to leave, grabbing some pancakes for Will and heading home.

---

Ryan

---

Ryan awoke to a knock on his door, and he groaned rolling over.

“Ryan,” The knock came again, “Come on and get yourself to school.”

Ryan grunted out an answer before yanking the covers off and standing up. He swayed a bit, and put a hand on his nightstand steadying himself.

Finally, he got ready and went out to his dad’s car, taking off for school.

The day went by relatively quickly, and Ryan entered the lunchroom. He spotted Ian’s hair first, seated next to a guy in a purple hoodie. Cash and the rest of the Alex’s were around him.

Ryan headed over to their table, making sure Brent wasn’t around, “Hey, I heard you guys transferred.”

“Ross!” Marshall called, grin on his face.

“Hey,” Ryan nodded, “How’d you guys all manage to switch?”

“Oh, well,” Marshall started before starting into the story.

“Nice,” Ryan nodded, “Spence should’ve done that.”

“You’re all alone now?” Cash pouted at him before pulling the empty seat out next to him, “Sit down.”

The guy in the purple hoodie was glancing at him cautiously.

“Okay this is,” Alex paused finger lifted, “Correct me if I’m wrong, Gabe, Greta, Alex, Ryland, Victoria, Hayley, and Nate.” At the nods he received he continued, “Guys this is Ryan.”

They exchanged their ‘hey’s except for the guy in the purple hoodie –Gabe. He glanced at Ryan suddenly, before turning his head and talking to Greta, leaning over the empty chair between them.

“So, Dickson catches me in the hallway,” A voice cut through, and Gabe’s head swung to the side, “And she’s like grabbing my bicep, and then she’s asking me about Will, and my mom, and it was so weird.” Ryan froze in his seat when he saw the boy who was speaking.

“Wait, was she being like creepy weird, or was it just awkward cause she was a teacher?” Gabe squinted.

“I don’t really know,” the brown haired kid shrugged, “but she was all like,” He grabbed Gabe’s arm, leaning in towards his face with a solemn expression, “Hey, Brendon,” He batted his eyes a few times, “How’s your family doing? Is William –was it?- still going here? How’s he? What about Grace, what’s she up to nowadays?” By the end the kid –Brendon, Ryan noted- was leaned impossible close to Gabe’s face with an innocent smile on his face, and wide eyes. Gabe was about to fall out of his chair laughing. Brendon started to turn, but was stopped when someone placed a small hand on his back.

“Nice talking with you, Brendon.” The small woman smiled –Ms. Dickson, he assumes.-, rubbing his back lightly before walking away. Brendon nodded, waiting until she was out of sight until his eyes widened, and he pulled his feet into his chair leaning into Gabe next to him and faking sobs.

Ryan wasn’t sure whether he should get up and slip away unnoticed or if he should keep his ground and stay. Ryan was trying to decide want to do when Cash spoke up.

“Ryan, this is Brendon. Brendon, this is Ryan, he went to our old school.”

Ryan’s eyes widened as Brendon turned around smiling before his smile dropped and he looked…well, Ryan couldn’t pinpoint exactly what expression he was sporting. Gabe leaned forward and said something into Brendon’s ear, and Brendon glanced over at Gabe squinting and shaking his head before Gabe sighed and punched him in the shoulder, nudging his head in Ryan’s direction. Brendon groaned sliding out his chair and standing up. He looked at Ryan and made a motion with his head. What the heck does that mean? Ryan squinted.

“Come on,” Brendon said walking around the table and stopping at his chair.

“What?” Ryan muttered, not moving from his seat.

“Follow me,” Brendon said, turning and starting to walk away from the table. Ryan glanced back at the Alex’s around him who just shrugged, before he got up and cautiously followed the kid.

“Hey,” Brendon turned abruptly once they were in the hallway, “I’m sorry about,” He paused, “The other day.” His voice sounded strained.

“Uh,” Ryan said slowly.

Brendon let out a humorless laugh, “I mean,” He cleared his throat, “I shouldn’t have done that, I just, yeah.” He shrugged.

Ryan squinted, “Yeah, sorry for uh insulting your,” He paused settling for, “You guys.”

“I don’t care if you insult me,” Brendon shrugged, and Ryan squinted. This kid was so weird.

“Just don’t insult my brother.”

“Alright,” He nodded.

“And,” Brendon drawled, “It’d be really awesome if,” He held out the ‘I’ in ‘if’, “you apologized to my brother.”

Ryan squinted, “Where is he?” He glanced back through the door to the lunchroom to see if he’d missed him at the table.

“He’s uhm,” Brendon glanced behind him before turning and walking. Ryan watched confused before following, and seriously? Why hasn’t he punched this guy back yet?

Ryan glanced around them as they entered a random hallway. Ryan doesn’t have a single class in this hallway, and he didn’t even know it existed, which really isn’t that shocking considering he’s only been here a week.

Brendon stopped at a classroom knocking on the door. A teacher pulled it open, and Ryan caught sight of a big room with a bunch of teenagers hanging out, and Hey! Where can Ryan sign up for this class?

A familiar looking boy lit up before hurrying over to them, and latching onto Brendon.

“Where’s Gabe?” The boy asked, and Ryan’s heart sank as he got it. The boy spoke clear enough to understand, but you could still definitely tell he wasn’t well…normal, and Oh, my God, this was the kid that Ryan made fun of for his book, and he has a mental problem! Ryan has never wanted to die so much in his entire life.

“He’s still at lunch, you’ll see him after school.” Brendon assured, “And, hey, Will, this is Ryan.”

Will nodded towards him, and Ryan smiled politely feeling highly uncomfortable. Why did he even follow Brendon out of that lunchroom? Ryan glanced back at the door counting the steps it would take for him to get to the door and down the hallway. If he ran fast enough, then he could probably make it to his car. He could get to Spencer’s house by the time Spencer was out of school, and it’d be fine.

“Hey,” Ryan chose to say instead. Will was quiet, and even though the noise level in the room hadn’t dropped it felt completely silent, “Hey,” Ryan repeated more sincere, “I’m sorry about…” He trailed off, “I’m just a jerk sometimes.” He started to open his mouth to say something else –anything else- when a skinny frame was knocking into his own, long arms engulfing him. Ryan wrapped his own arms loosely around the lanky form that was William.

“It’s okay,” Will said suddenly, “Bren’s mean sometimes, too, but he doesn’t really mean it.”

Ryan was more relieved than anything when the lanky boy pulled away from him.

---

Ryan went to his next class in a weird haze. Both Victoria and Brent were in this class with him, and he was going to sit down next to Brent, but he changed his mind and slid into the seat next to Victoria. She was hotter anyway.

Brent came over after a few minutes, and Ryan glanced up at him, “You comin’ to practice this week?” Ryan asked completely casual.

“I’m not sure.” He shrugged, “Are you going?”

“Yeah,” Ryan said, “Y’know it’s kind of our band, you’re kind of in it,” Ryan paused, “so you’re supposed to go to practice.”

Victoria let a laugh slip at this.

“Ryan, you’re taking it too seriously, it’s not that big of a deal.”

Ryan glanced at him with a disbelieving expression before shaking his head and turning the other way.

Brent got the hint.

---

Ryan walked out to the parking lot, swinging the spare set of car keys around his finger.

He got to the place he could’ve sworn he’d parked his car. Right in between a green Tahoe and a yellow bug. He glanced around to make sure he wasn’t going crazy, and there’s no way he could be because he remembered seeing the license plate that read ‘HUGGS’ this morning, but his parking spot was empty. After contemplating this and walking all the way around the parking lot just to make sure something clicked.

“Dad,” He sighed aloud. He glanced around the parking lot, there were a few cars scattered around. Cash, Ian, and the Alex’s were standing with Brendon and all his friends, and Ryan headed over. Cash always seemed to like him, maybe he’d give him a ride.

“Hey,” Ian nodded towards him. Ryan smiled back, and glanced around, sticking his keys back into his pocket awkwardly.

“So, you’re in Brent’s band?” Victoria asked him. The entire groups attention turned to him.

“Uh,” He started scratching his neck, “Well, he’s in my band.” Ryan shrugged.

“Dude,” Ryland laughed, “I knew it! There was no way that it was ‘his’ band. Bull.”

“What?” Ryan squinted.

“Brent always talked to us about ‘his’ band, and he’d try to say it all nonchalantly like it wasn’t a big deal expecting someone to ask about it or something, but no one ever cared. So, yeah, we kind of assumed it wasn’t his band since he’s at Ben and Jerry’s with us on Thursdays.” Alex Suarez cut in.

Ryan cracked a small smile, “Yeah, he never shows.”

“Hey,” Ryan turned to Cash, “Could I get a ride home?”

“Oh,” Cash muttered, “Well, you could,” He paused biting his lip, “If I had a car.”

Ryan’s mouth formed and ‘O’, and he glanced over to the Alex’s, Marshall, and Ian raising his eyebrows.

“I have to go to work.” Alex stated.

“Ditto.” Marshall nodded. Apparently, Ian, the other Alex, and Cash all carpool, but Ian drives a truck, and they couldn’t all legally fit in it.

“Where do you live?” A different voice cut through, and ‘Hey!’ who knew that he was here?

“Over off,” Ryan squinted, “I think it’s in Fern…Gully or something.”

“Fern Grove.” Brendon smirked, “I know where that is. Come on.” He nodded his head towards the car behind him, pulling open the driver’s seat door. Ryan stared at him dumbly for a minute, before his feet took action, and he found himself safely seated in the back of the car. Ryan jumped when he heard music suddenly, and he willed his heart rate to lower as he realized it was Brendon’s cell phone.

“Hello?” Brendon muttered listening quietly for a moment, “Oh, sh-crud.” He coughed a little, “No, no, yeah, like 10 minutes. No, mom, okay? Bye.”

“Sorry,” Brendon apologized sticking the keys in the ignition, the car rumbling to life.

“Seat Belt.” William spoke up, pointing across Brendon’s chest at the strap. Brendon nodded muttering a ‘right’. Ryan followed his action.

“You have that thing tonight, Will.” Brendon spoke suddenly, pulling out of the parking lot. Ryan glanced out the window, trying to sink into the seat’s interior.

“I don’t have anything t-t’night.” Will insisted.

“No, you have that cookout with your class. So, I’m dropping you off at home, alright?”

“Where’re you going?” Will asked slowly.

“I’m just dropping Ryan off, and then I’ll be back home, too. Gabe might come over tonight, I don’t know, Will.” He sighed.

“Then I d-don’t want t’go.”

“Will,” Brendon sighed, “I have a paper I have to write anyway, so I’ll tell Gabe to come over tomorrow night, okay?”

Will didn’t respond, but when Ryan chanced a glance he had a big smile spread across his face.

“Hey, I’m going to drop him off at home, then we’ll head to your place, kay?” Brendon turned suddenly, and Ryan blinked a few times.

“Oh, yeah…alright.” He nodded.

It was pretty much silent the rest of the ride. Brendon pulled into a driveway of a normal looking house in a normal neighborhood, and Will got out, heading up to the front door.

“You can move up here. I know the backseat isn’t very accommodating.” Brendon spoke. Ryan snapped out of his daze, and nodded, awkwardly undoing his seatbelt and climbing over the small console in between the driver and passenger seats.

“Alright,” Brendon nodded, flipping on his stereo, but turning down the dial immediately when it started playing. Ryan watched curiously, as he slipped a CD out of the played, hiding the front of it with the palm of his hand as he slid it into the pocket on the inside of the Driver’s door, moving so casually Ryan wasn’t sure if he was actually trying to hide the CD. He reached across opening the glove compartment in front of Ryan seat, pulling out a big black bulky CD case, sitting it in Ryan’s lap.

“I’m assuming you like music,” Brendon stated, “Play anything you want.”

“Why are you assuming?” Ryan asked as Brendon backed out of the driveway.

Brendon paused glancing at him with a blank expression, “You’re in a band.”

“Yeah,” Ryan nodded, busying himself with flipping through the CD’s.

“So, yeah,” Brendon started, “Sorry about your face.”

Ryan glanced at him, raising a –still slightly bruised- eyebrow.

“I don’t like jerks picking on my brother though.” He shrugged.

“I kind of got that.” Ryan mumbled.

“Y’know, you’re kind of quiet.”

“I didn’t notice.” Ryan muttered sarcastically.

“No, I mean, for a guy who picks on people, you don’t have much to say.”

Ryan shrugged, “I don’t pick on people. I was having a bad week.”

“Alright, we’re both at fault. Let’s start over,” Brendon sighed, and the voice in his head –that sounded oddly like Greta at the moment- was cheering him on for taking a civilized approach, “I’m Brendon, what brings you to Palo?”

“Hi,” Ryan said cautiously, “And I just transferred from Bishop Gorman.”

Brendon nodded, “I have to ask what you did to tick off the guy who gave you that shiner.”

Ryan really wanted to roll his eyes, but instead he played along, “He was just a jerk,” Ryan shrugged, “I guess he had nothing better to do.”

“Oh, shut up,” Brendon snorted, “Now you’re making me feel bad.”

“You should,” Ryan said sticking his chin out, “You should owe me car rides to and from school. Lots of them, since my dad decided to take back his car that he leant me.”

Brendon laughed, “We’ll see.”

Ryan had his legs pulled up in his chair, and he shivered, “Why won’t your air vent close? What the heck happened to the little shutter things that close and block the air?” He stuck his finger in the broken pieces of the vent on the dashboard.

“They insulted my brother.” Brendon smirked.

“Touche.” Ryan muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Alright,” Brendon muttered, “We’re in Fern Gully, where’s your house?”

“Shut up,” Ryan muttered before answering, “Go right.”

Brendon rounded the corner smoothly not even noticing that there was music flowing through the speakers until now.

“What is this?” Brendon snorted turning it up.

“I don’t know. The CD had a picture of a snake on it.”

“Oh, gosh, Gabe.” Brendon muttered, “I think this is actually-” Brendon cut himself off as Gabe’s voice started along with the music, “Yeah, this is the one of him totally embarrassing himself.”

“He willingly gave you this?” Ryan raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, he did.” Brendon nodded, “Which way?” He asked motioning at the two roads in front of him. Ryan flicked a hand to the right muttering, “Last house on the left.”

“Dude, that’s a horror movie.”

“I’m aware.” Ryan muttered, smirking amused at him.

“I’m just sayin’,” Brendon shrugged, “I’d be a little worried about my safety in your house.”

“You have no idea.” Ryan muttered pushing open the car door, “Thanks a lot.”

“No problem, nice to meet you.”

Ryan snorted, waving over his shoulder as he glared at the silver car in the driveway. His dad isn’t even using it! He pushed open the front door and dropped his bag on the floor kicking off his shoes before going into the kitchen to get something to eat. He grabbed a poptart and a can of coke before going up to his room and putting a movie in his DVD player, stripping out of his jeans and falling onto his bed. He sighed and tipped his head back downing half of the coke cans contents.

He’s not sure when he fell asleep, but he’s sure that he must’ve been out for a while considering there’s dim light coming from the window and the DVD is back on the menu screen. He heard heavy footsteps, and his dad’s voice calling his name. Rubbing his eyes he rolled from the bed, placing a quick hand on the nightstand to steady himself when he swayed. He placed a hand over his chest, and cursed the way his legs felt shaky.

Once he was successfully down the stairs he squinted at the bright light coming from the kitchen.

“Boy,” George snapped, “What’ve I told’ya ‘bout leavin’ your junk layin’ around?!”

Ryan glanced at his shoes and bag on the floor by the front door, “I’m going to just grab them on the way out the door in the morning anyway, can I just leave them there?”

“Don’t argue with me, Ryan.” It was scary how almost-sober his dad sounded, “Pick up your damn mess.”

Ryan groaned audibly, walking on wobbly legs over to the door before slinging his bag over his shoulder, and grabbing his shoes, “Happy?” He snapped holding up his shoes.

Before Ryan could jerk back a hand was clasped around his jaw.

“Drop the attitude.” His dad snapped, “Go clean up the kitchen.”

“Dad!” Ryan groaned, “I’m tired, and I have school tomorrow, and I don’t feel-”

The hand tightened it’s grip, and Ryan scrunched his eyes up in pain, trying to not think of how ridiculous he looked right now. His cheeks squished, and lips pushed together.

The hand let go and gave Ryan’s jaw a not-so-light tap, “Get to it.”

Ryan groaned again, not even caring what his father’s reaction would be as he took heavy steps into the kitchen and brushed all the trash –poptart wrappers, old waterbottles, newspapers, etc.- into the trashcan at the end.

“If you’re going to continue living under this roof, you’re going to follow my rules,” George snapped, “Stop complaining, and stop half-ass cleaning.”

Ryan ignored his father and continued on throwing random things in the trashbin.

“RYAN!” A hand slammed down onto the counter cracking it, and Ryan jumped heart pounding.

“Get upstairs, Boy.” George growled, hand curling into a fist on the table. Ryan’s breathing was labored by the time he’d reached the top of the stairs, and he quickly entered his room his thoughts a mess of ‘Sit down, sit down, fuck find a fucking chair already!’. He sat on the end of his desk chair trying to calm his erratic heartbeat, and whining low every time he felt a sharp pain in his chest. Finally, he stood up, quickly going over, and turning off his lamp before curling into a ball on the floor back against his bed.

He put his head between his knees until he felt his eyes fluttering back into his head, and he tried to fight it, but then he was falling into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, that's a 5,000 word chapter. :D

Yeah, that's right. It's 2 am. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight.

COMMENT!