Glitter in the air

Sing

I also saw coats, umbrellas, belts and other manly accessories men need. I cleaned up the closet, organizing everything by color and then sleeve length (for shirts and coats). After I did that, I dusted everything off, including some of his suits that started collecting dust.

I walked out of the closet, closing the door and cleaning the handle. I smiled. I started to feel more at home.

“Apchiu!” I sneezed again and grabbed one of the napkins I brought and blew my nose in it. I disposed of it in the garbage can and started dusting everything off appropriately.

What should I dust off first? The tables, chairs or nightstands?

I decided on taking the bigger things first, making my way to the smaller ones. I grabbed the duster and cleaned the chairs lying in the room aimlessly.

“Hush, little baby, fall asleep. We all know you’ve got the whole world to keep. Hush little baby, don’t be shy, I’ll give you a diamond ring tonight. And when the other kids will want one too, say yours is the only one that will do. And when you miss your father, and you’re cold at night. He’s on some highway wasting his life.” I sang, remembering the short lullaby my mother used to sing when I couldn’t sleep. I never got why she always ended up crying at the end of the song. But I kept on singing the end.

“ But I’m still here. And when you’ll throw me off your shoulders, baby, you’ll find every cloud has a golden lining.” I finished and blew my nose again. I cleaned up the rest of the room and then advanced on doing his bed.

“Golden lining?” I heard a voice ask and I turned around, making myself dizzy. I stumbled a little bit and then caught my head in my palm.

I looked up and there was Ryder, leaning against the frame of the door, looking at me carefully. His face was serious and his eyes looked dead. He pursed his lips and his dimples could be seen again. I smiled at him.

“Oh, it’s just a silly song my mother used to sing to me. She claimed clouds had golden linings, appearing silver to those who had deserted souls.” I explained, blowing my nose again.

“You’re sick?” He asked, raising his eyebrows. I sheepishly nodded my head. He nodded as well, waiting for an explanation.

“Experimenting with water.” I explained, laughing slightly. He smirked and shook his head. He rubbed the corner of his eyes and stepped inside the room.

“You should lie down, uhm, Master.” I suggested kindly and patted the bed.

“I’ve got a lot of work to do. Some other time.” He said shaking his head and going out of the room.

“Nonsense. Sleep. I’ll wake you up in an hour, if you’d like.” I offered again and he looked at me strangely. He slowly made his way to the bed, all the while watching nothing but it. He sat down gently, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

This is kinda strange. And somewhat inappropriate.

“What’s your name, again?” He asked putting his head on the soft pillows.

“Olive.” I replied and he nodded his head.

“Ryder.” He said and then asleep.

“Ryder..” I whispered and left the room, with a smile tugging at my lips. “Ryder..”

ImageImageImage

“Well, Edith, I guess this is it. See you on Monday!” I said, and waved at her. She waved back and I opened the door, and stepped once again into the cold air. This morning had been weird, yet I couldn’t be happier that Ryder was on first name base with me.

I smiled and kept the steady pace. An arm locked my own in place and I turned around,but first I assumed.

“I promise I’ll take care, Edith. Now go home before you catch a cold.” I warned and tried to move, but the person just held me in place.

“Edith..” I warned and turned around, only to let shock take over me. My mouth opened itself and remained like that for quite a while.

“Thank you for today.” Ryder said and I stupidly remained in the same position. I coughed and then smiled.

“Yeah, of course, Ryder.” I said and he stayed like that. I began feeling cold, but I didn’t want to rush him.

”Um.. Anything else?” I questioned.

Ryder just shook his head and I felt disappointment taking over me. I nodded my head and I began walking again. Halfway to the gates, I turned around and I saw Ryder watching me. I gave him a tight smile and then I saw the guardian sleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
"There goes my baby, with someone new."
- Simon and Garfunkel