Status: Getting there - Slowly

Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?

Hello, I Love You

Jake and I readied ourselves for whoever it was that was heading our way; although this time we were a little less hasty. Jake put his shirt back on and puffed out his chest, making him look even bigger than he was normally. As the footsteps grew louder, I heard soft voices, like bells chiming to accompany the paces.

“I should really get you back home. You’re Mom’s probably worried sick.” Jake told me, without taking his eyes away from the direction of the footsteps.

“She doesn’t care. What’s wrong?” I replied quickly.

“People I know, they’re not good.”

“What, more wolves?”

“Worse, they’re bloodsuckers.” I frowned at his comment and looked back to the forest, where two people were now clearly visible. I could tell that one was a guy and the other a girl, they were both impossibly beautiful. Both of them were tall and slim with perfect marble complexions and cold golden eyes to complement it.

“Jacob?” The woman asked and she glided towards him, her partner tailing her, Jacob strode forward to meet her half way.

“Hey, Bella” He hugged her tightly and let go quickly feeling my gaze on him, “Edward.” He nodded at the man,

“Hello Jacob, how are you?” His voice reminded me of the feel of velvet against your skin, yet it was harshly used,

“Yeah I haven’t seen you for a while, what are you doing out here?” The woman asked, her voice was slightly deep for a woman’s, I thought, but it was still as if I were listening to a wind chime when she spoke. Her words were a lot gentler to Jacob, not like her partners. She tucked a strand of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear, Jacob turned to me and held out an arm, motioning for me to step forward, and I did so.

“My girlfriend and I had a romantic night out, last night.” He emphasised the word girlfriend and wrapped his strong arm around my waist and looked at me, smiling. I frowned slightly at him, hoping he would explain. Maybe she was his ex and he’s trying to make her jealous? Oh god, I’m a rebound!

“Girlfriend?” I saw a smile play on her snowy lips, I was unsure if she was taking it as a joke or if she actually believed it, “Wow, that’s really sweet Jake.” She smiled then turned to me, “I’m Bella Cullen, and this is my husband Edward.” Her husband walked to her side and held her protectively, obviously noticing what Jacob was trying to do. I thought I saw him shoot me a sympathetic look, like he knew what Jacob was thinking but couldn’t say it.

“Hi, I’m Ellabeth; it’s nice to meet you.” I smiled back, leaning into Jacob and wrapped one arm around his waist and the other I rested on his abs. I could not believe I was actually playing along with his jealousy games. I can be so stupid at times.

“Yeah, you too,” She smiled then looked up at her husband, his face frozen, eyes fixated on me. I frowned when I realised this, “Anyway we’d better get going, there’s a dinner party that Alice is arranging. It was great seeing you, though.” She smiled warmly at Jacob, he smiled back.
“Cool, I’ll see you around.” He said back, Bella and her husband gave us one last smile and with the blink of an eye, sped off in a different direction back into the forest. “Now,” Jacob turned to me, placing his hands around my waist, “Where were we?” He leant in to kiss me, but I turned my head away letting him plant one on my cheek instead.

“Jake,” I stopped him, placing my hands on his warm chest, “I don’t know about this.”

“What’s wrong?” He rested his forehead on mine, looking down into my eyes,

“I don’t know it just feels weird.” I answered honestly,

“What, me being this close or…” He trailed off and kissed my neck, I moved my hands up around his neck and played with his hair,

“Jacob,” I half moaned, half tried to stop him

“Mhmmm” He replied, his lips still fixed on my neck, lightly biting it,

“I don’t think we should do this.” He lifted his head up looking at me,

“But I thought that…” He started, his smile falling,

“I know and I do really like you, but, what happened in Chicago still scares me. I don’t want to hurt you.” I lied. Jacob let out a deep sigh, and ran his hands down the length of my back, leaving a trail of heat where his touch once was.

“I’m not like him Ella; I have the same strength as you do. I’m virtually indestructible.” He tried his best to persuade me, but I was still worried even though I knew he was right.

“Can we just, give it some time? I’m still kinda getting over it.” I looked up into his deep brown –almost black- eyes. His perfect russet skin glistened in the light of the morning sun. He ruffled his hair and cocked his head to the side, making me think that he was showing off just how beautiful he really was.

“Of course,” Jake pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly with one arm around my waist and the other supporting my upper back, his fingers just touching the nape of my neck. I nuzzled my face in to his heated chest as my thoughts raced through my mind. “Are you alright?”
Maybe I should question him about the whole making Bella jealous scheme he had going on? I should do that later, I decided, because right now, I was way too tired for any discussions.

“I think we should go home.” I said, pulling away to wipe my dried mascara which had no doubt left me with panda eyes, Jake nodded and left one of his large hands on my waist as we turned North to head home.

“Do you wanna go back to yours or do you wanna come back to my place?” He asked innocently. I knew it was innocent as there wasn't a lingering smug smile plastered across his pretty face. I thought about it for a second. I should go home, my Mom was probably worried about me, but then again, I could always just text her and go back to Jacobs with him. But what would he make of me going home with him, more ammunition to make Bella jealous? Knowledge of me liking him more than I probably should? Or that I’m just some easy sleaze looking for the next guy to pounce on? I had hoped that it wouldn't be the latter, I hadn't really flirted that much with him, or with anyone really. I pushed my troubling thoughts aside,

“Which is closer?”

“Well, your place is about 3 miles through the woods,” He stopped and faced a different direction, “And mines right through that small patch of trees.” He smiled and pointed me in the direction of his house.

“Alright, I guess we’re going to yours. Just so you know, I will be stealing your bed and sleeping on it for the next 24 hours.” I smiled a toothy grin and walked ahead, only able to see a few windows and a car through the foliage. Jacob caught up eventually,

“Well that’s too bad that you’re gonna have to share.” He smirked and placed a hand on the small of my back; I frowned at him and pouted my lips, “My house; my rules.” He smiled sweetly and threw me a sideways wink.

“Fine, I'll have one side and you have the other. I’ll make a border with some pillows.” I smiled like a champion at my idea, Jacob simply laughed, a sweet, throaty, boy’s laugh. “What?” I asked, trying not to laugh with him.

“I don't have a double bed, so it’s gonna be kinda hard to determine whose side is whose.” His eyes narrowed and his dirty smile lingered in his aura. I could physically feel the air around him getting hotter.

“Well, then I guess you're on the floor.” I mimicked the expression on his face, adding a twist of cheek to the mixture. Before he had time to say anything in retaliation we had reached his front door. I waited for him to unlock it, but he just walked straight in, I followed him meekly into a roomy sitting area. I looked around for Jacob, noticing that he was in the adjoining kitchen.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, pouring out two bowls of cereal and putting some bread in the toaster. I smiled and walked over to him,

“Sure,” I replied, leaning on the side of the worktop. I looked around nervously, waiting for one of his parents to come in and ask who the hell I was and why I was in their house. Jacob strode over to me in two steps and placed a hand either side of my hips. His skin heating mine once again,

“It’s alright, my dad’s not home.” He smiled and leaned closer to my ear, whispering now, “He won't be home for a while.” He let his scolding hot breath linger on my ear, making my cheeks flush a vibrant red as he allowed his lips to brush along my jaw.

“What about your mom? Brothers, sisters?” I started to list any excuse to calm him down,

“My sisters moved out years ago.” He brought his forehead down to rest lightly on mine; his brown eyes flickered with shades of honey and gold in the sunlight pouring in through the window. He hesitated for a moment, “And my Mom died when I was a kid.” My face dropped and so did my heart. I instantly raised my arms and wrapped them around his neck,

“ I'm so sorry.” I whispered, feeling absolutely terrible with myself.

“Hey, it’s okay. You didn't know.” He smiled, “I don’t really remember her much and all I have is a couple of photographs.” He nodded over to the mantelpiece and I glanced over with him. She was gorgeous, tall and slim with long sleek black hair down to her waist. Jacob had her eyes, beautiful, kind glittering eyes filled with so much joy and laughter. Her thin lips were curved into a warm smile, as was the man standing next to her. I assumed that the man was Jacob’s dad as he bore resemblance to my friend too. Jacob clearly inherited his dad’s build; he too was very tall and thick set, with a strong jaw and a hard expression even though he was smiling. The picture showed them standing together on what looked like a balcony over viewing a night-time city skyline. His mother was wearing a silken purple floor length dress and heels, with a stunning diamond barrette in her sleek hair. His dad was wearing what looked like a tux; he looked very handsome, much like his son. Still looking at the picture I spoke softly to Jacob,

“She’s beautiful.” Jacob looked back down at me, still holding on to my hips. He caught my eye and moved my head softly back towards him,

“Just like you.” He whispered and placed a kiss on my forehead, reminding me very briefly that I had a pimple the size of the empire state building hiding under my bangs. I looked down and blushed, not exactly sure on how to reply to that, so I didn’t. I stayed there with Jacob in my arms, feeling him relax and tense and then relax again. I tilted my head to the left so that our cheeks were now touching; Jacob lowered his head and let his lips touch my collar bone. I ran my fingers along the nape of his neck, feeling the short tufts of hair that had grown out since it had last been cut. I lowered my head and brushed my lips against his cheek, planting a small kiss by his ear. He raised his head and looked at me intensely; his expression softened as he craned his neck and kissed me softly. He reached his hand around my neck to give it support and left his other hand to rest on my waist, drawing circles in the small of my back with his thumb, I pulled him closer to me, feeling like I had to be with him, I had to have him around. Jacob dropped his hands down and picked me up just high enough for me to wrap my legs around his waist as he carried me up the stairs. Jacob wasn't joking around when he told me he didn't have a double bed, the thing didn't even look like Jacob could lay flat out on his back on it, but then again he was freakishly large for a guy of his age. He let me drop onto the small single bed when we reached it and laid down with me, my legs still either side of his hips, his body still on top of mine. He slipped his tongue into my mouth softly, as if he was too nervous to just do it so I took the lead in that department, wanting the two of us to be one. He started to kiss me more desperately now, his breath was shortening to pants and his lips hardened against mine. I kissed him back harder, not wanting to lose this battle we had going on now. I trailed my hands down his chest and reached for the bottom of his shirt, dragging it slowly over his abs, making sure that he could feel me touching them as I pulled his shirt higher and higher until he broke away to rip it off and chuck it to the floor. His lips came crashing back down onto me, this time hitting my neck. His breath was steaming in the already humid room, proving just how hot he quite literally was, he began to search for my sweet spot on my neck also, softly as first but as he started to bite it was getting harder and harder for me to contain the urge to moan that he was giving me. I sighed out his name, a whisper, not even touching the air. But it caught his ear and his head snapped up to mine, his cheeks were flushed, his hair tousled and his biceps bulging around me. He gave me that intense stare again,

“Ella,” He panted in between breaths, “I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! I am so sorry it's been so long updating this story! To tell you the truth, I actually had forgotten about it until recently. So if my old subscribers are still with me and actually read this, thank you for being so patient! I really hope you guys enjoy this coming back chapter. Lots more to come!