Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 21

It had taken us 30 whole minutes just to get to the hotel Stevie was staying at. Or the hotel that I thought she was staying at. It had the same painting and style that she had explained to me over the phone. I hopped up the steps like a little girl, as my legs were too short to simply walk up them like a normal person. Max laughed at me and I chewed on my lip to try and get myself to not smile. I opened the doors and looked around, trying to spot my best friend through the crowd of people. I turned around when I was half way inside the big building, and I got distracted by the red velvet ceiling. I stared up at it, intrigued by it's appearance. I ran into someone from behind, and I spun around, almost falling down. Max grabbed my arm and I snickered. I saw a big long mess of blond hair and my lips turned upward into a brilliant smile.

"HEY!" I shouted, poking Stevie on the shoulder to get her attention. She turned around, and I looked up at her. She was taller than me, as always, but her and Max were the same height. I smirked up to her, waiting for her belated reaction.

"Holy shit. You're still short as hell," she remarked. I grinned, showing my teeth. I engulfed her, squeezing her as tight as can be. "Get off of me," she joked, trying to shove me off. I pouted and I glanced to my side at Max. He was glaring at a group of Hispanic guys that were staring me down like I was food. I looked over to them, my eyebrows furrowed. One of them was rubbing their hands together and the other one was just staring. I suddenly felt horribly uncomfortable. Max grabbed me and put his arm around my waist in a protective death grip of doom. Stevie looked at our distraction, realizing what was going on. She bursted out laughing. I frowned and stared at my feet, trying to not look at the guys. I heard one of them saying things to his friend, and then I heard laughter. Max growled under his breath and I then knew that he heard what they had said, and that I didn't want to know what he heard. I could feel the heat of his anger coming off of him. Stevie chewed on her bottom lip, smirking at the situation. She gave me one look and grinned mischeviously. I frowned at her, not knowing what was on her mind for a second. Then, all of a sudden, I knew. I smiled at her; I was glad to have my best friend back.

"Hey! Can't you tell my best friend is a lesbian? She's with her girlfriend, see.." Stevie trailed off, gesturing toward Max. I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing hysterically. I looked at Max, his mouth was a gaping hole of shock and embarrassment. Stevie had to grab the edge of a near by in-table to stop herself from falling over from laughing too hard. I grabbed Max's hand and just walked out of the hotel, wanting to decrease the possibility of further confrontations with the Hispanic guys that were undressing me with their eyes. Stevie following closely behind, snickering the whole time. When we got out, Max just kept his lips in a straight line, not making eye contact with either one of us. "I'm sorry, I had to," Stevie said laughing.

"Don't mind her," I said grinning. Max shook his head and chuckled darkly. I had never heard this kind of laugh from him before. I disregarded it though. Stevie, Max, and I walked down the strip ahead of the hotel and searched for a fun looking club or bar. We spotted one with neon lights that looked inviting to all three of us. We were in front of it and the vibe was already making my blood pump more fiercely. Stevie smiled and waltzed up to the door, just walking in casually. I wondered why there weren't any club bouncers around. I shrugged and walked in hand in hand with Max. I felt the familiar feeling of booming music, adrenaline, and alcoholics and whores surrounding me from everywhere. This bar was different from the one Max and I were in before, the one we almost got arrested at. The neon lights circulated around the ceiling and it was like a different world than the outside one. We stepped up to the bar and I hugged myself around my middle torso, trying to decide what alcohol to get myself. I ended up getting a couple of shots of Patron, not enough to get myself as wasted as last time, but enough to be able to enjoy myself and get a little tipsy. At first, we all three sat on the stools. Stevie and I laughed and giggled about random things as we always did and Max and I shared soft intimate kisses with one another as well whenever Stevie was doing something else. Time passed, and as it did, my senses got less coherent.

A girl sat next to Max while Stevie and I were chatting away about our pasts. I knew Max was severely intoxicated, and the girl wasn't ugly at all. I felt a horrible jolt of jealousy in my stomach and I shot glares at her while she just simply smirked at me from beside him. I growled underneath my breath and then I became temporarily snapped out of my jealousy by Stevie.

"Dude.." she trailed off as she circled her head around to see Max and the girl that was flirting with him. She touched and rubbed on his shoulder and I about broke the glass I was holding in my hands full of liquor.

"Hey," I growled, getting up and walking over to them. Max looked at me, alarmed but still drunk. "What the fuck is this?" I hissed, realizing I couldn't walk all that well and that I wasn't very sober myself.

"Oh. She's an old friend," Max reassured me.

"Uh huh..." I trailed off, looking her up and down like she was a piece of trash. His "old friend" laughed at me. Max looked back at me, and smiled, trying to convince me that everything was fine and that I needn't worry. I clenched my jaws behind my lips and I leaned in without the thought of even doing it clouding my mind. I grabbed Max's head and practically ate his face off. He broke away and looked at me with wide eyes and his familiar gaping hole of shock that was his mouth. I glared at the girl some more and wiped my mouth off. I had to mark my territory. "Have fun," I mumbled, looking at Max and smiling at only him. He laughed and ran his hands down his face, shaking his head and went back to talking to the girl. I walked back to Stevie, seeing her laughing like there was no tomorrow. I patted the bar, signaling for the bar tender. I needed some more alcohol to get through this night, I could already tell.

More time passed by, and now I was wasted at a very dangerous level, which only could have meant that Max was even more wasted. Stevie wasn't that sober either, but she didn't drink as much seeing as she didn't care for alcohol. Stevie and I were walking out of the bathroom from me having to throw up from the first set of shots I had earlier that had snuck up on me. The room was spinning, and both Stevie and I had had our share of tonight's shenanigans. I didn't know where Max was, and I didn't know how to find him. This frustrated me. I walked around the club, the music booming and my head spinning. Stevie helped me, and when we rounded a corner, a lone corner that had almost nobody hanging around it, she pointed at someone or something.

"Alright...." she trailed off in an odd tone. "Uhhh..." she said again, almost angrily. I looked at what she pointed at, the room spinning in so many different directions. It felt like I was going to fall. I saw why she was saying such weird things in such weird tones of voice. I saw Max attached to the girl from earlier, his lips on hers. Her hands were entangled into his hair, and they might as well have been having sex right then and there. I screamed, because it was the only thing I knew how to do in my intoxicated state of mind. I screamed until everyone in the club was looking at me, and I cried too. I felt my eyes turning to faucets and I felt the rage riding through me like waves. I saw Max run over to me, and if I wasn't drunk I would have punched him or done more severe damage to him and the girl. I shoved him away as best as I could, and I saw Stevie's fist collide with his face, then I saw Stevie march toward the girl. I fell to the floor and huddled into a little ball. I saw security come and tell us how we were kicked out. I didn't care. I couldn't move, and I couldn't feel anything. I knew all of this, my life finally turning into something that was somewhat happy, was too good to be true. I groaned as I heard the screams of the girl that had been attached to my boyfriend, and I heard Max raising his voice. I opened my eyes to see what was going on, and I saw Stevie punching the girl in the face repeatedly. I felt a bit of satisfaction inside of me, despite my lack of being able to move or think at all. Max was standing over me, and I could smell the alcohol and the breath of another girl's on his lips.

"Get away from me," I moaned, covering my face with my hands.

"She came on to me," he stuttered, as Stevie picked me up by the arms and practically carried me outside. I was shocked that she was able to do this, but at the same time I wasn't.

"Fuck you," I hissed at him, crying out in heartbreak as soon as I said it, while Stevie basically carried me away, not caring if he followed. That was the last thing I said to him that night, and his pain and frustration filled face was also the last thing I saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment it!!!! I wanna see how many people enjoy this so far!!! oh, there's way more...Randi wrote alot ^_^ and I can't wait to post what I wrote for this ^_^