Status: Complete. For now.

Falling in love at a coffee shop

"Precussion Gun"

The two of them sat there in the coffee shop. The aroma of the old stale books, ancient wood, hippie oil and coffee filled the four rooms, three of which were the actual coffee shop while the last, smaller one, was the book store with stairs that lead up to the apartment that Mrs. Colin occasionally leased out to hippie collage students and aspiring artists. If you listened carefully enough, you could almost hear the voices of people that had passed through here.

The town of Hickory had been here since the 1600s. It was an old place with young people. In it's boarders, it held more than 3,000 people. It was surrounded by thick, dense woods and the large Lewis River. The town had much history to it. Most of it's residents had no understanding of it.

The boy and the girl did. Their families had lived here since it was settled. Their families had been involved with each other for hundreds of years, yet they had never seen each other before.

The boy, Malcolm, was tall, light skinned, had dirty blond hair and wise gray eyes looked up from his Rolling Stones magazine and carefully watched this peculiar girl across the poorly lit room.

Her name was Melinda, but of course he didn't have any clue. She looked more like an Aubrey or Beverly to him. She sat quietly, sipping her tea with her headphones in her ears and her fingers tapping away on her i Phone. This girl had a certain grace about her simple movements, like she was painting or dancing. Her leg would cross the other one every other minute, like she was nervous about something. He smiled at this.

Her hair was a golden blond. It was just passed her shoulders and straight for the most part. You could tell she had never straightened her hair by the way it moved. Her skin was tanner than his and her dark blue eyes was a nice contrast to the rest of her. She was one of those Vintage girls. Her hands adorned old looking rings while an old pearl necklace hung around her neck. Her clothes perfectly describer her. A gray cardigan hung over a white tank. She had a short black layered skirt with black leggings. Simple beat up converse were on her feet.

Of course this girl, Melinda, had observed Malcolm when she had walked in. While she stood at the counter waiting for her drink, she spotted him, sitting and tapping his foot. Even thought she had lived here her whole life, Mel had never seen this boy before. Was he new here?

His tussled hair had been what she noticed first about him. His bare arms were next. When he went to flip the page, his arm flexed. A pack of cigarettes with a pink lighter on top of it sat next to his white coffee cup.

As she had walked by him and sat down, she deemed this boy interesting. After 15 minutes of examining each other, a bold feeling overwhelmed her. The will to get up and walk over to him got stronger and stronger. But what if she tripped on her way over and made herself look like a fool? What if he had a girlfriend? Was Melinda actually looking for a boyfriend, was she expecting something more than just a casual, slightly awkward conversation with this boy?

Before she knew it, her legs were up straight and her hands were gathering her things. The boy looked up at her for a second, looking a little nervous and anxious. He looked back down once their eyes met.

Taking a deep breath, Melinda approached the boy. With a smile, she said, "What'cha reading?"

He looked up and his face eased into a smile as he chuckled. Melinda sat down and the boy looked her right in the eyes the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an idea I had. Had to write it down before I lost it.
Might continue, might not. But I like it for right now.
Just a cute telling of two lovers finding each other in a coffee shop<3
Tell me if you see any errors.