Status: Decided not to do a sequel... Sorry! But I've got a new story that I'm starting and three to finish! Maybe another time I'll write a sequel to this one.. who knows.

I'll Be There For You.

Why You Color On You Arms Like Matt?

When we got back to the house, Meghan was half asleep. I gently unbuckled her seat and picked her up. She rubbed her eyes and I ran my hand down the side of her face as she laid her head down on my chest. Thinking that she’d fall asleep, I carried her into the house and up the stairs to her room. When I entered, she started to cry.
“I’m sowwy!” She said, her voice quivering.
“It’s alright.” I told her.
“Trouble?” She asked quietly.
“No no, you aren’t in trouble.”
“Go to bed?” Meghan replied pointing at it.
“I just thought that you were tired.” I explained.
“Do you want to lay down?” I asked her and she shook her head.
I wasn’t sure whether she should have a sleep or not. I didn’t know at what age naps stopped, but seeing as Meghan was tired, I decided that it wouldn’t hurt for her to have one.
“How about we go lay down in my bed.” I told her as I walked out of her room and down the hall to mine. I set her down on my unmade bed and pulled the blankets up.
“I’ll be right back.” I reassured her as her bottom lip started to tremble. Meghan slowly nodded and I headed back downstairs. I found Jimmy at the front door.
“I’ve got to head out, I’ll see you later. Sorry about what happened.” He told me.
“Don’t worry about it Man, see yah.” I replied as he left.
Sighing, I walked back upstairs. I entered my room and saw Meghan half asleep, cuddling the blankets. I made my way to the bed and slowly laid down beside her. I smiled as I brushed her hair from her forehead and then ran the back of my hand down the side of her face, causing her eyes to close.
I watched Meghan, thinking of what my life would be like with her in it permanently, until she was sound asleep. I then gently kissed her forehead and slowly stood from the bed. Leaving my room, I headed downstairs and sat in the living room.
I was aimlessly searching around the internet a half an hour later when the front door opened.
“Matt!” Zacky yelled.
“In the living room.” I yelled back and he appeared in the doorway.
“What’s up Dude?” He asked, moving to sit in the chair by the wall.
“Nothing much.” I replied shrugging.
“Where’s Meghan?”
“Sleeping, we went to the store with Jimmy earlier.” I told him.
“Should’ve been interesting then, knowing Jimmy.” Zacky replied with a laugh.
“It was.”
“Did she like him?” He questioned.
“Not at first.” I replied. “It took her awhile to warm up to him. She’ll be like that with you too.”
“Why?”
“She gets scared easily, she’s nervous around new people.” I explained and set the laptop back down on the coffee table.
“I’m going to go check on her.” I told him as I stood up, and he nodded.
When I got to my room, I peeked in and saw that Meghan was sitting up still looking half asleep, rubbing her eyes.
“Did you have a good nap?” I asked quietly, entering my room. Meghan looked up at me surprised, and fear flashed through her eyes, making me frown.
“There’s someone downstairs that wants to meet you.” I told her, now standing beside the bed. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.
“Are you still sleepy?” I asked her with a smile and she just looked up at me with her big eyes.
“Why don’t you come downstairs.” I suggested and she slowly got out of bed.
As soon as we walked into the living room, Meghan took one look at Zacky and her bottom lip started to quiver. I reached down and picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hid my face.
“Meghan,” I told her as I sat back down on the couch. “This is Zacky.” Slowly she lifted her head from my neck and looked at him with a frown on her face.
“Hi Meghan.” Zack said smiling at her.
“What that in you nose?” She asked curiously and then quickly glanced up at me looking worried. I smiled down at her.
“It’s a piercing.” I told her. She frowned and looked back at him.
“Why you color on you arms like Matt?” She asked.
“They’re called tattoos.” He replied.
“Oh.” Meghan said, still frowning.
“Do you like them?” Zack questioned.
“Yes, they’re pretty.” She said.
“You can go look at them if you want.” I told her and she gave me an unsure look. “He won’t hurt you.”
Slowly she got off my knee and inched her way across the room to where Zacky was sitting. He showed her his arms and Meghan reached out and touched the side of it.
“Why you have Mitty Mouse there?” She questioned. I chuckled at the way she pronounced it and Zacky grinned.
“Because I like Mickey Mouse, how about you?” Zack asked in reply and she gave him a confused look.
“Do you like him?” He asked, rephrasing his question.
“Yes.” She answered.
“Then we can be friends.” He told her.
“Why?” Meghan questioned.
“Because I like Mickey Mouse and you like him too.”
“Maybe.” She replied and I burst out laughing at Zacky’s facial expression.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long. tell me what you think and thanks to all those who comment.