Status: In the process of being re-posted.

I Can Taste The Failure On Your Lips

Part Fourteen

No one was surprised when Curtis and I showed up in Oli’s garage together. It was mostly because ‘Curtis couldn’t stop talkin’ about yeh, we all knew it wouldn’t be long.’ I heard that from mostly everyone, except Oliver, who was pretty silent throughout the night, except when he was screaming. It was like déjà vu all over again; he wasn’t looking at me, he wasn’t speaking to me. I knew that he was still a jerk.

Tom was at tonight’s practice in the place of Anna, who had to babysit her two younger cousins. I realized while I was talking to Tom, that he was absolutely nothing like his brother. He was very welcoming, and he liked to talk, a lot. He was the band’s personal photographer, and when he wasn’t snapping shots on the band, he was talking to me. We talked about his school, how the ice cream man never comes to this neighborhood. We talked about movies and local bands I should check out. We talked about Maryland, and why I moved, which lead us to talk about Petunia. He said that the one thing he wanted to do most in his life was go to America. I told him it wasn’t that great, but he didn’t believe me. He was convinced that there was so much to see, and so much to do.

When the band was done, Curtis came and squeezed himself in-between Tom and I, planted a big kiss on my forehead, and Tom’s camera snapped.

“Another one of the ‘appy couple?” He asked, holding the camera up to his face again.

“Seriously Tom, I was just starting to think that you were cool.” I pouted, and he pressed the shutter button again, sending another bright flash. Curtis just squeezed my hand and kissed my temple. I looked at him and pouted.

“Don’t complain.” Curtis said. “The man is a photographer.”

I huffed and crossed my arms, only to have Tom snap one more picture of me before running off. “I’ll make sure to send these to yeh!” He yelled.

“Keep them!” I replied, “I’m sure you’ll find good use for them.”

“He can always send them to me.” Curtis said. “I’ll find good use for them.”

“Pervert.” I said, pushing his face away.

“What, I was only bein’ honest.” He pulled my face to his and caught my lips. We parted when someone cleared their throat. I wasn’t sure who it was, but I really didn’t care. Curtis pulled me off the couch, and slung his arm around my shoulder. “Yeh ready to go?”

I nodded and turned around. “Bye Matt, Nicholls, Lee.” They all waved, and Lee said goodbye beofre looking at Oli, who was trying to find something on one of the shelves in the garage. “Goodbye Oli.” I said.

He looked up for a total of a millisecond, and then went back to whatever he was doing.

The whole time Curtis was leading me back to the car, I couldn’t stop looking back over my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3