Status: I'm not finishing this.

Summer Wine

chapter one

I stepped off of the tiny plane and onto foreign soil. I took a deep breath in inhaling the fresh air I'd missed. I lived here when I was a little girl and hated it. Once I turned 18 I left and never thought twice, since then the only thing I'd learned to miss was the fresh air.

I buttoned my pea coat for the first time since I'd owned it. Finland is colder than New York in the winter. I could see my parents smiling and waving at me. I smiled back at them warmly and strolled over, rolling my luggage behind me.

When I reached them they wrapped their arms around me in a suffocating hug.

"Oh, look Bob our little girl has grown up." She admired my hair, my clothes and anything else that had changed since I left.

My dad smiled warmly. but never made a scene.

"Oh yeah," my mom said smacking her forehead, ", someone else is here to see you." She stepped aside and a tall slender man stood behind her. His face was vaguely familiar.

"Hello, I'm Ville." He said, his voice deep and smooth. Chills ran down my spine.

"And I'm Sarah." I smiled my best smile.

"We used to play together when we were little...well not really, I used to watch you while our parents ran the store." He smiled and oh what a smile he smiled.

"Oh! That's where I remember you from."

"Yeah," He laughed.

"So...what now?" I asked, looking around at everyone.

"You want to come back home?" My dad asked.

"No, I got me a cabin." I smiled.

Mom frowned, "We have to go back to work then."

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

They hugged me bye and left the airport, leaving me and Ville alone.

He looked at me as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

"Can I ask a favor?" I grinned.

"Sure." He replied, curiosity written all over his face.

"Can you take me to my cabin? I have no idea how to navigate around here." I gave him a cheesy smile.

He laughed, "It would be my pleasure."