Status: I'm not finishing this.

Summer Wine

3:24 AM

I woke to a deafening silence. Then a loud snore filled the room, I groaned and covered my head with a pillow. I tried to roll over, bad idea. My warm body collided with the cold floor.

I got up and stomped out of the room. By the time I got to the kitchen I was walking normally.

I started the coffee pot, got my cup from the cabinet then hoisted myself onto the counter. I waited patiently for the only thing that could make my day better.

Ville walked into the room, rubbing his eyes quietly.

"Good morning." He said, sleep still hung thick on his voice.

I rolled my eyes, "Bad morning."

"Issac needs to sleep in his room." Ville said as he got the orange juice from the fridge.

"You think?" I scoffed. The coffee pot beeped signaling it was finished. I pulled the pot out and filled my cup.

"You have to tell him. I'm new here." He said, causing me to laugh. I took a sip of the coffee and smiled.

"Fine. I'll do it, but you have to help him paint today. Father son bonding."

Ville walked over and stood in-between my legs. I put my coffee down and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He kissed my neck and ran his hands up my back.

"Mom?" Issac asked. Ville quickly jumped back.

"Hey, we need to talk."

Issac looked confused, "About what?"

I picked my coffee cup up again, "You sleeping in your own room."

"It's scary."

"I know honey, but you'll get used to it. We're just right across the hall." I said then took another drink of my coffee.

"It's white."

Ville spoke up, "Not for long! We're going to paint it today, any color you want."

Issac's eyes lit up, "Purple!"

Ville's expression fell, "Okay."

Issac ran out of the room. Ville looked like he'd just seen a ghost.

"I think my son is gay." He said then smacked his forehead.

I laughed causing hot coffee to spill down my shirt.

"Any manly color I should have said." Ville said to himself as he walked into the living room.

I can't control my feet, feel like movin'. Issac's favorite song blasted through the bottom floor of the house.

Ville groaned and turned the volume down quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I laughed.
: ]